Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

This isn't Batman, Marvel. One does not simply become Thor.

Ya, I don't really get how she just IS Thor all of sudden.. Same thing with not calling her a goddess... Is she a actually a man? A transexual? That doesn't really make sense, and seems to be a decision made simply to appease people who would otherwise complain.

I don't think it's a bad idea though. A lot will depend on the character herself, of course. But I could honestly see her becoming one of the strongest female leads in all of comics.

Not like there is a whole lot of competition....

Edited by Favre4Ever

The-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-EW-Cover.jpg

By Anthony Breznican on Jul 16, 2014 at 12:10PM twitter-bird-16x16.png@breznican

If you’re part of a group that has already saved the world nine times, eventually you can’t help but wonder: Isn’t it somebody else’s turn?

Unfortunately, that kind of thinking directly leads to the latest global threat in Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Entertainment Weekly‘s Comic-Con 2014 preview gives you an exclusive First Look at the big, bad robot causing all the grief in next summer’s superhero team-up.

The good guys are tired, S.H.I.E.L.D. has been destroyed, and there’s no one else for the planet to turn to when menace looms on the horizon. Everyone wants a break—and that’s exactly how they’re about to be broken. There’s no abdicating heroism.

“What you said about abdication is apt, but I think it’s also about recognizing limitations,” Robert Downey Jr. says. “The downside of self-sacrifice is that if you make it back, you’ve been out there on the spit and you’ve been turned a couple times and you feel a little burned and traumatized.”

For better or worse (trust us, it’s worse), his Tony Stark has devised a plan that won’t require him to put on the Iron Man suit anymore, and should allow Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and the Hulk to get some much needed R&R as well. His solution is Ultron, self-aware, self-teaching, artificial intelligence designed to help assess threats, and direct Stark’s Iron Legion of drones to battle evildoers instead.

The only problem? Ultron (played by James Spader through performance-capture technology) lacks the human touch, and his superior intellect quickly determines that life on Earth would go a lot smoother if he just got rid of Public Enemy No. 1: Human beings. “Ultron sees the big picture and he goes, ‘Okay, we need radical change, which will be violent and appalling, in order to make everything better’; he’s not just going ‘Muhaha, soon I’ll rule!’” Whedon says, rubbing his hands together.

“He’s on a mission,” the filmmaker adds, and smiles thinly. “He wants to save us.”

The hard part about battling Ultron, as the cover image suggests, is that he’s not just a robot—he’s a program, capable of uploading himself and disappearing not into the clouds but the Cloud. And he has a bad habit of rebuilding himself into stronger and more fearsome physical forms.

The cover story runs through a pivotal early scene in the movie that I witnessed on set, and explains where some of the new characters (Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, The Vision) fall on the good-guy/bad-guy spectrum. It also reveals exactly how Marvel Studios is retooling the origin story for Ultron, who first appeared in the comic books in 1968.

Elsewhere in the Comic-Con issue, beloved poster artist Drew Struzan discusses some of his most memorable work on franchises like Star Wars and Indiana Jones; the cast and crew of The Terminator recall their work on the sci-fi classic in time for its 30th anniversary; the YouTube sensation known as Stampylonghead steps out of the video game Minecraft long enough to discuss his growing kids-entertainment empire; and we offer sneak peeks at a bunch of Comic-Con-bound projects in movies, TV, games, and comics (including exclusive images from The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Mad Max: Fury Road, and Gotham).

Source: Entertainment Weekly

So I'm fina gonna see Winter Soldier.

So I'm fina gonna see Winter Soldier.

I really enjoyed it. One of the better Marvel movies.

So Winter Soldier might have been better than the Avengers. Despite the super distracting Chevy product placement, everything about this movie was great.

The whole female Thor thing won't last. Marvel loves to do crazy things in the comics and then reverse them. The whole Doc Ock as Spider-Man thing didn't last long and the death of Wolverine stuff coming up won't last either.

EDIT: Now Marvel also just announced that Sam Wilson (aka Falcon) will be the new Captain America in the upcoming comics. Marvel is just getting kind of desperate for attention when it comes to the comics, IMO. The quality there is declining.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

I really don't see how anyone liked Winter Soldier. I went in expecting to love it (having been surprised that I liked the first), and I enjoyed it less than any of the other Marvel movies.

• Upvote 1

i think it's because captain america is lame. I did like WS though, didn't like the first one.

• Downvote 1

Thor was my favorite superhero................................. :Suicide:

Well, the good news is he's still around. He just doesn't have his hammer, or..uh, his name?

• Upvote 1

Ya, I never realized that Thor was just kind of a title, like Green Lantern is. There are only like 5 bullion green lanterns floating around the galaxy and beyond. Ha.

The feature-length documentary film about the unfinished “Superman Lives” film is nearing completion. In an effort to raise the finishing funds for The Death of ‘Superman Lives’: What Happened?, producer/director Jon Schnepp released a full trailer featuring plenty of footage from the original film’s early production, as well as interviews with almost everyone involved in the film, except for its roster of actors.

So what was Thor's name then? Odinson? :yao:

• Upvote 1

Joaquin Phoenix rumored to be Dr. Strange. Would be a badass casting, IMO.

Marvel announced Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 2017. Damn, they've given the green light to a sequel before the movie even comes to theaters. I like Marvel's confidence in this movie, I hope it's awesome.

F4E, IDK if I should be extremely mad at myself for watching that trailer although I haven't finished watching season 2... Or if I should be illogically mad at you for posting it here, and me seeing spoilers from season 2. >_>

Why would you watch a Season 3 trailer if you haven't finished season 2. >_> BUt there was... er.. quite a bit of S2 footage which I should have mentioned. Ha. Sorry bro. :(

There is a leak of test footage for a Deadpool film that had Ryan Reynolds reprising the role on YouTube right now, I can't link at this moment but it's probably gonna be shut down by FOX before the end of the day so check it out. :yep:

It looks like it's off youtube already...

http://a.pomf.se/bxvoow.webm

Ryan Reynolds is a no go... The voice doesn't work for me at all. We need Nolan North. RIGHT NOW.

Surprised you guys aren't talking about the Batman vs. Superman teaser from Comic-Con. It's been struck from YouTube, of course.

I'm not that excited for that movie. Man of Steel was awful and I don't think adding Ben Affleck as Batman is going to make it any better lol. DC/WB haven't made a good non-Nolan film since like 1995 rofl.

EDIT: Also, JD supposedly Reynolds is not even on board with the Deadpool project anymore. The leaked video was test footage shot for executives shortly after the Wolverine Origins release. I'm not sure why FOX won't green light the project, I just think they're scared an R rated Marvel film on a character who isn't a mainstream guaranteed moneymaker like Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America, etc. will not be a box office hit.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

So, since I'm bored a look at the future release schedule for Marvel Studios.

May 6th, 2016: This date is the slot for Captain America 3. Though, the name will almost assuredly change. We could be looking at a possible Death of Captain America story where Bucky takes over after Steve Rogers is "killed" by Crossbones (who was shown to still be alive in Winter Soldier). This story makes sense since Winter Soldier introduced enough characters and plot devices to make it work. This date is also interesting because it is the same date for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's release. Setting up an epic DC vs. Marvel showdown.

July 8th, 2016: Marvel hasn't made an announcement for this date but it is widely believed to be reserved for the sorcerer supreme, Doctor Strange. The film has a director, Scott Derrickson, and has started early casting calls. With Joaquin Phoenix being the new hot name for the lead role. It just makes sense with this movie's development being ahead of most other Marvel projects.

May 5th, 2017: This date could be the most interesting one in the near future. It's too soon for Avengers 3 and Captain America 3 will already be out. It could be Thor 3's date, but I think that is more likely for November. This could be anything really. Some people have proposed it possibly being Black Panther, maybe Iron Man 4 if they can convince Robert Downey, Jr. to do it. Other projects being thrown around are Inhumans, The Incredible Hulk 2 with Ruffalo, Runaways, Ms. Marvel, Blade reboot, Punisher reboot. A lot of mystery around this.

July 8th, 2017: No mystery here. Marvel announced at ComicCon that this date would be the release of Guardians of the Galaxy 2, which will likely see a different name similar to the Captain America, Thor and Avengers sequels.

November 3rd, 2017: I think this date is likely going to end up being Thor 3. Which is mostly because the last Thor film was released in November. That project could easily be the May release with any of the other rumored ones being on this slot. But I expect Thor 3 to feature the Ragnorok story line. It would be a strong plot to possibly end a Thor trilogy.

You then have May 4th, July 6th and November 2nd for 2018 and May 3rd for 2019. It's hard to project any of these dates but I kind of expect May 3rd, 2019 to be the date for Avengers 3. Leaves enough time to develop this movie as a huge end to a trilogy with Thanos being developed slowly through other films. Some people have suggested Avengers 3 possibly being a multi part movie with Thanos and the infinity gauntlet being so big and the fact that movies like Hobbit, Twilight and Harry Potter have done it with some sort of success. Meaning one of those 3 2018 dates could be the first part of the Avengers showdown with Thanos and May 2019 being the finale. But I expect Marvel to start pushing less known characters with a lot of these dates. They've started with Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, you'll probably see Ms. Marvel and Black Panther next. I think the Inhumans are a strong possibility and there's been talk of a Runaways film for a long time. Plus Marvel Studios can now put their own spins on Blade, Punisher or Ghost Rider if they want. So many possibilities and it's exciting.

Batman/Superman is gonna suck because of bad casting (It seems I'm one of the few who liked MoS) and trying to fit eleventy-billion people into it. Unless they're going to get very little screentime, in which case, what's the point?