Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Ummm, outing the families/friends/loved ones of everyone registered. It's giving up civil liberties. It's the patriot act.

Ummm, outing the families/friends/loved ones of everyone registered. It's giving up civil liberties. It's the patriot act.

If we have to be subject to it, they should to. Equal means equal. Equal doesn't mean you get special treatment.

Jeremy Renner tweeted some Civil War concept art that reveals who is on whose side...

Team Cap:

Falcon, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man

Team Stark:

Black Widow, War Machine, Vision, Black Panther

Really? Vision? There's not even a contest if he's on either team.

How disappointing.

We don't even know the basis for the movie version of the events do we? From what I gather from the interwebs, movie Tony isn't nearly as big of a dick (or at all, really) as his comic counterpart, so I doubt whatever it's going to be is too egregious.

Edited by Vin
isn't and is have two different meanings

Stark did create Ultron and almost destroyed everything. Cap might be idealistic, but at least he knows to stay in his lane.

I believe the ability to stay in your lane is part of the super solider serum.

• Upvote 1

I believe the ability to stay in your lane is part of the super solider serum.

I dunno man. Steve Rogers' personality didn't change after getting the serum. He always had that sense of honor and duty to protect 'Merica and it's ideals.

I dunno man. Steve Rogers' personality didn't change after getting the serum. He always had that sense of honor and duty to protect 'Merica and it's ideals.

I was joking :shifty: #teamcap

World getting ready to fall in love:

1405675842814937006.png

There is no way Stark is going to be as bad in the movie as he was in the comics. Marvel knows they botched Civil War in the comics and shouldn't have made Tony look as bad as he did.

WHERE IS SPIDER-MAN???

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Mark Ruffalo – Hulk Cut From ‘Captain America: Civil War’

Captain America: Civil War just finished filming last week and there have been rumors about whether or not Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner and or Hulk would be in the film.

Ruffalo was at the Venice Film Festival and spoke to BadTaste.it about the film and the future of the Hulk.

“The reason is too great to be revealed in this movie (Civil War), I was in the script but then they removed my character. They don’t want to reveal where is he and why. I don’t even know if Hulk will be back soon,” said Ruffalo.

One can only hope for a Planet Hulk film…

Directed by Anthony & Joe Russo from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely, Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Starring Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd, Chadwick Boseman, Emily VanCamp, Daniel Brühl, Frank Grillo, William Hurt, and Martin Freeman.

Captain America: Civil War is set for release on May 6, 2016.

LINK: http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/mark-ruffalo-hulk-cut-from-captain-america-civil-war/

Definitely sounds like he could be in space. But it's gonna take a really good explanation to make that work because without the other heroes that's way off canon.

I Have Some Serious Concerns About the Captain America: Civil War Movie

really interesting read basically explaining why having the Avengers split over a Superhero Registration Act is an awful storyline: "This isn’t a matter of seeing both of their points of view, and trying to decide the greater good; it’s a battle to see which group of superpowered assholes you once liked comes out on top."

I Have Some Serious Concerns About the Captain America: Civil War Movie

really interesting read basically explaining why having the Avengers split over a Superhero Registration Act is an awful storyline: "This isn’t a matter of seeing both of their points of view, and trying to decide the greater good; it’s a battle to see which group of superpowered assholes you once liked comes out on top."

Read that last night, but we already know the movie isn't over identities that has been established awhile ago, it's a step further with the issue more being people with powers and abilities have to be registered and basically agents for the government.

Read that last night, but we already know the movie isn't over identities that has been established awhile ago, it's a step further with the issue more being people with powers and abilities have to be registered and basically agents for the government.

They already made that movie. Fantastic Four. :smug:

Civil War is not about the registration act. It's about the government wanting to decide when and why the Avengers are called into action. After Winter Soldier, you can see why Cap would want to avoid being an errand boy for big shady governments. You can also see why Stark would take the actions he is after all the crap he's been through with almost destroying the world with Ultron. I have high hopes for this version of the story on film.

Civil War is not about the registration act. It's about the government wanting to decide when and why the Avengers are called into action. After Winter Soldier, you can see why Cap would want to avoid being an errand boy for big shady governments. You can also see why Stark would take the actions he is after all the crap he's been through with almost destroying the world with Ultron. I have high hopes for this version of the story on film.

I kind of figured it wouldn't be. Partly because spidey in the comics at that time is like 40 with a family, and they just cast a kid. Still wondering how it's gonna play out, and hoping it's not done horribly.