Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Finals- Thunder Vs. Heat (1-1)

I agree with that.

More importantly, when the Heat hit all six free throws as a result of those two fouls.

And they were blatant fouls too, I loved (I think it was Perkins), throwing his hands up after he plows into the shooter like, "What? That wasn't a foul!"

Lmao!!! Yeah, I saw those. When they literally jumped all over Battier the first time, They're all jumping as if running into the shooter isn't a foul... he he, I found it amusing.

Lmao!!! Yeah, I saw those. When they literally jumped all over Battier the first time, They're all jumping as if running into the shooter isn't a foul... he he, I found it amusing.

Ibaka. He did it cuz he was mad at himself for falling into him. Not bcuz of the call.

Ibaka. He did it cuz he was mad at himself for falling into him. Not bcuz of the call.

Sure didn't look like that to me.

He throws his hands up and looks at the ref. You can read his face, it's not a "mad at myself" expression its an incredulous "you really just called that a foul" expression.

Not saying the Heat don't do it all the time, D-Wade does it every single time someone so much as breathes on him, although his expression is "you really didn't call that a foul". Just thought that one by Ibaka was particularly funny.

I was talking about the bench who just jumped off their seats and their faces said "OHHH!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!"

Wow, Ron Artest continues to be an even bigger piece of shit than we all thought possible.

• Upvote 1

Wow, Ron Artest continues to be an even bigger piece of shit than we all thought possible.

Seriously. He gives the man a concussion, then posts that?

@MettaWorldPeace "No brain All beard" Maybe if someone hadn't given him a concussion.......

@MettaWorldPeace you knocked his brain out lmaooo

rofl those comments are awesome. but seriously that's a pretty bad thing to post

Ibaka is kinda right I guess...

But he shouldn't be the one to talk seeing as he turns into a flying hawk with every pump fake. And he isn't that good of an on ball defender himself.

Their are times when he (LBJ) relies on team defense to help him out with his on ball defense. And it's almost impossible to guard a almost 7 foot great jump shooter for an entire game. That's a feat that i'm pretty sure the best on ball defenders in the history of the game probably couldn't do. Especially when you are also are responsible for grabbing boards and scoring a lot of points.

IMO, Ibaka is just trying to pull a Jason Terry

First off, LeBron James is 10x the player that Serge Ibaka can even think of being. Second, nobody can stop Durant. Just like nobody can stop James. That's what makes them great, you put your best defender on them to slow them down, not shut them down. Third, Baka is a horrrrrible on-ball defender lol. He's always getting the block because the guy threw it up in a defenders face. Ibaka just cleans up but doesn't do any of the dirty work

Guest Phailadelphia

I wouldn't read too much into what Ibaka said. English is his 4th or 5th language.

Then what do you think he meant by “LeBron is not a good defender”? Those are pretty simple, straightforward words.

Ibaka has been practically a complete no-show in the Finals. I think he is leading in blocks, which of course, is very nice... But he doesn't have the same presence or force that we have come to expect of him.

And wasn't Lebron on Durant in the 4th of Game 2 when he scored like 4 points total?

Ibaka has been practically a complete no-show in the Finals. I think he is leading in blocks, which of course, is very nice... But he doesn't have the same presence or force that we have come to expect of him.

And wasn't Lebron on Durant in the 4th of Game 2 when he scored like 4 points total?

Probably because he's guarding Battier a lot of the time and can't camp down low, seeing as Battier has been draining threes?

Durant scored 17 points in the 4th quarter of Game 2.

Probably because he's guarding Battier a lot of the time and can't camp down low, seeing as Battier has been draining threes?

Durant scored 17 points in the 4th quarter of Game 2.

Oops. Probably thinking the one the other night, Game 3...

Why is he guarding Battier a lot of the time? It certainly isn't working. Why not at least put him somewhere where he is comfortable. If Battier is going to get his, let him get it... Don't sacrifice Ibaka's presence down low.

Thats more on Scott Brooks than Ibaka. And even Zack has admitted that Brooks has done a poor job in the finals.

• Upvote 1

Oops. Probably thinking the one the other night, Game 3...

Why is he guarding Battier a lot of the time? It certainly isn't working. Why not at least put him somewhere where he is comfortable. If Battier is going to get his, let him get it... Don't sacrifice Ibaka's presence down low.

Who else is going to guard Battier? Durant is on LeBron a lot of the time and then there's Bosh and Haslem that have to be taken care of as well.

Thats more on Scott Brooks than Ibaka. And even Zack has admitted that Brooks has done a poor job in the finals.

Yup. Brooks hasn't managed the bench well at all thus far. Despite the fact that the Heat are getting generous help from the refs, the Thunder have been in position to win every game thus far. Collison needs more playing time, but not just during the second unit's playing time. Fisher needs to see less minutes and Cook should NEVER come off the bench in the Finals unless they're up by 20 or more.

Perkins and Sefolosha are great defenders, but they attribute to a stagnant offense when they're both on the floor at the same time. Brooks needs to get Collison involved more while Sefolosha is on the floor and keep Perkins in when Sefolosha is out to help balance the offense with the defense, in my opinion. Others may disagree, but that's how I see it.

Tonight better be fucking reffed fairly is all I'm going to say.

Who else is going to guard Battier? Durant is on LeBron a lot of the time and then there's Bosh and Haslem that have to be taken care of as well.

There is no one else at all that is capable of putting a body on Battier? You make it sound like Ibaka is the only option to guarding Battier, which I don't really see feasible.

Even it was, by some magic force, that only Ibaka could try to defend Battier, I would rather leave Battier wide open like he has found himself so often in these Finals to keep you rbest big men underneath.

The Thunder had the edge in Game 1... and won. They have been dominated on the boards and in the paint offensively since then and have lost.

The Thunder MUST have a larger presence down low. They just have to. The Heat have DOMINATED the paint thus far, and there is no reason they should be. If the Thunder can't lock it down near the rim, this series is as good as over.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Guest Phailadelphia

Then what do you think he meant by “LeBron is not a good defender”? Those are pretty simple, straightforward words.

I don't know. I didn't see the interview so without context it's hard to say.

Guest Phailadelphia

There is no one else at all that is capable of putting a body on Battier? You make it sound like Ibaka is the only option to guarding Battier, which I don't really see feasible.

Even it was, by some magic force, that only Ibaka could try to defend Battier, I would rather leave Battier wide open like he has found himself so often in these Finals to keep you rbest big men underneath.

The Thunder had the edge in Game 1... and won. They have been dominated on the boards and in the paint offensively since then and have lost.

The Thunder MUST have a larger presence down low. They just have to. The Heat have DOMINATED the paint thus far, and there is no reason they should be. If the Thunder can't lock it down near the rim, this series is as good as over.

There are other players they can stick on Battier but not in the starting lineup. Ibaka most definitely won't be defending LBJ, Sefolosha is on DWade, KD is on LBJ, and Perkins is on Bosh so they just have to deal with it until bench players come into the game.

I think they found a good defensive strategy in the 2nd half of Game 3. It was very similar to the defensive gameplan against San Antonio where every player but the on-ball defender had a foot in the paint and just closed hard on kickouts or switched on pick and rolls. If anymore adjustments are going to be made with the starting lineup, I think it should be KD guarding DWade and Sefolosha on LBJ. Lebron has been ridiculously good this series but Sefolosha makes him work his ass off everything and KD's length really messes with Wade. It's clear KD doesn't have the strength to stay with Lebron and it's part of what's getting him into foul trouble.

Edited by Phailadelphia