Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Who should the Bobcats select with the #2 pick?

We all know or can reasonably guess that Anthony Davis will go #1 to the New Orleans Hornets. With that being a foregone conclusion. Who do you think the Bobcats SHOULD select with the #2 pick. And who do you think they WILL select?

Guest Phailadelphia

They're trying to trade the pick for a #1 or #2 kind of guy. James Harden has already been linked to trade rumors but I highly doubt OKC lets him go. Wouldn't be surprised to see it traded for a Rudy Gay, Iguodala, etc. type player.

Yeah their pick (and alot of others) have been floated in trade talk. The reality is I don't see it happening unless its draft day. Something tells me Bobcats will want alot in return.

Two come to mind. They could go Michael gil-Christ or Royce White. I myself would say White. That dude was killing Anthony Davis in the tourney. Hes got toughness and a postupgame to go with it.

Two come to mind. They could go Michael gil-Christ or Royce White. I myself would say White. That dude was killing Anthony Davis in the tourney. Hes got toughness and a postupgame to go with it.

Royce White is not getting taken #2 overall. I think they take Thomas Robinson if they keep the #2 pick, which it sounds like they may trade.

Royce White???

Probably my favorite player in the draft, but yeah he isn't going that high.

I think they will take Robinson with the pick. But they should probably take MKG or Drummond

If they stay, they are gonna take Robinson. I hear that Jordan is not sold on MKG

SO that means.. They should definitely draft MKG.

And Royce White is gonna be a game changer. He does have a few things he needs to get over, but he's going to be a bitchin rockstar from Mars. Definitely won't be going #2 though. ha

SO that means.. They should definitely draft MKG.

And Royce White is gonna be a game changer. He does have a few things he needs to get over, but he's going to be a bitchin rockstar from Mars. Definitely won't be going #2 though. ha

Is there a chance Houston has a shot at him at 14 or 16? I'm getting really tired of the mock drafts having us take fucking Tyler Zeller.

It's really an up in the air kind of thing as far as his stock goes, IMO. He has all the talent in the world. That's a no brainer.

But he's been kinda banged up through all the NBA combine stuff, so he hasn't been able to truly show what he is all about. According to the extremely biased (admittedly) head coach here at ISU, he's been absolutely nailing all of his interviews though.

But let's not forget that he actually does suffer from some anxiety issues, which I think is going to be a HUGE red flag for a lot of teams.

I think he should be a mid-draft kind of guy, but he very well could be towards the end if front offices don't think it's worth the risk....

Although I will tell you right now... It's worth the risk.

It's really an up in the air kind of thing as far as his stock goes, IMO. He has all the talent in the world. That's a no brainer.

But he's been kinda banged up through all the NBA combine stuff, so he hasn't been able to truly show what he is all about. According to the extremely biased (admittedly) head coach here at ISU, he's been absolutely nailing all of his interviews though.

But let's not forget that he actually does suffer from some anxiety issues, which I think is going to be a HUGE red flag for a lot of teams.

I think he should be a mid-draft kind of guy, but he very well could be towards the end if front offices don't think it's worth the risk....

Although I will tell you right now... It's worth the risk.

I just don't want a white seven-foot stick figure who's going to get his ass whooped.

SI has Perry Jones to Houston while Zeller is going in the Top 10

(Not that SI is the authority or anything, just a mock I read recently)

Edited by Favre4Ever

If i was the GM id take White. He showed me he was a top 5 player in college in that tourney.

• Downvote 1

-White is going outside of the lottery unless he does something out of this world in the interviews or someone trades up to get him

-Zeller will most def be going to the Rockets if he is available. He is talented, but I'm not really sure top 10

-White should be fine his biggest issue with anxiety is flying on planes...so I think that is worth taking the risk

They should draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Thomas Robinson..

They should draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Thomas Robinson..

Is #2 too early to take a chance on Andre Drummond?

For the Bobcats, I'd say they have to go with a safer pick. MGK seems like a bad fit for them though. Maybe they take Beal or take Thomas Robinson

Bobcats writer Rick Bonnell "wouldn't be surprised at all" if Charlotte traded their No. 2 draft pick to Cleveland in exchange for Nos. 4 & 24.

This is a hunch based upon Bonnell's discussions with "sources with lottery picks," and it meshes with GM Rich Cho's penchant for stockpiling first-round draft picks. The Bobcats may also buy into the popular view explained by Bonnell -- "After Kentucky’s Anthony Davis goes No. 1 to New Orleans, there won’t be a big difference between the next three to five players chosen."

Source: Charlotte Observer

Meh, I wouldn't be a fan of that. We could most likely get Beal or MGK at #4 anyways.

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Bobcats have "five legit offers" for the No. 2 overall pick in Thursday's draft, a source tells David Aldridge.

The Bobcats have reportedly been trying to package Tyrus Thomas' contract in any deal for the No. 2 overall pick, and we're not sold a team would be willing to take on that type of financial commitment. It is expected to be a busy day for the Bobcats, a team with multiple options on the table. Jun 28 - 10:00 AM

Source: David Aldridge on Twitter

Yeah I've been hearing for awhile they want to trade Tyrus Thomas' contract and possibly Henderson's contract to free some cap room up and move out of the second pick which no prospect has the talent to deserve that spot. However, outside of the top 5 you can feel comfortable talking somewhere in the lottery.