Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

K2: The Bucs fired the wrong guy

"Real [bleep?] Schiano came over there, uh, [bleeping?] 'TOES ON THE LINE! TOES ON THE LINE!' Blowing the whistle. You can't laugh. You can't joke around. So I decided not to go to OTAs," Winslow said. "You know they got my man Ra [Raheem Morris] out of there, and I was loyal to him. Woulda take a bullet for that dude. So I had to roll, man."

Asked by Robinson what "was so cool about" Raheem Morris, Winslow said he's a "player's coach," not a "company coach" and that the Bucs "fired the wrong dude."

"The cool thing about Ra is, Ra could be here talking to us right now," Winslow said. "He wasn't a company coach. He was a player's coach. I mean, just everything about him man. He was real. You could talk to him face-to-face, real man-to-man. They fired the wrong dude up there."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19361707/kellen-winslow-said-you-cant-laugh-under-schiano-bucs-fired-the-wrong-dude

lol What a moron.

Two things I got from reading this...

1)This looks like a shot at Dominik, I'm guessing he was the "right guy" to fire in his mind. Which is even more retarded for K2, since Dom was the guy who not only traded for him, but signed him to a new contract that made him the highest paid TE in the league at the time.

2)I've always been slightly concerned with how players are reacting to the complete culture change. Raheem let them do whatever they want pretty much and Schiano is more of the militant kind of personality. Winslow couldn't have been the only one having a major culture shock, so I wonder how many players are having problems. The culture change should hopefully be for the better, but Raheem was too much of a players' coach and has given so many of our young players bad habits.

Looks like the old Winslow is back. Winslow was part of the reason Raheem got fired, so if anyone is to blame its him.

Looks like the old Winslow is back. Winslow was part of the reason Raheem got fired, so if anyone is to blame its him.

Raheem is the reason Raheem got fired. His lack of urgency and his buddy buddy style with the players turned on him in the end. I think Winslow's quote showed that, he couldn't take Schiano's militant personality because Raheem was way too laid back with the players. Winslow tried sticking up for Rah here, but he just showed the world why he really needed to be fired.

• Upvote 2

Peace the fuck out, "Soldier."

Looks like exactly what a lot of people were worried was going to happen with the veterans ended up happening with Winslow. He got used to Raheem letting the guys do what they wanted, didn't like when Schiano wasn't having it that way, and basically stopped being a member of the team. Even if Schiano was less strict Winslow seems like the type of guy that would be resistant to a change in culture just because his "buddy coach" got fired.

Yea, Rah got this team in such bad and laid back habits that some of the guys aren't ready for a disciplined dude like Schiano who tolerates no nonsense. I'm more worried about the younger guys than I am about vets.

LOl... The Robinson Report is hilarious.

Somebody get Marshawn Lynch some Orbit. He has a DIRTY mouth... lol

Edited by Favre4Ever

This is a good sign to me. If K2 is saying Schiano's approach is THAT different and THAT strict, then thats a good thing. The team I saw playing last season was lazy, undisciplined and had no heart. They didn't need a kick in the butt, they needed a complete makeover.

Make em work, Schiano!

This certainly makes me feel better about Schiano, his style is what these guys need to salvage their careers. But we'll see if it results in wins and losses.

Tampa has talent. If Schiano is the opposite of "Ra" then they should be pretty good next year.

LOl... The Robinson Report is hilarious.

Somebody get Marshawn Lynch some Orbit. He has a DIRTY mouth... lol

haha, that shit was hilarious. Lynch is a fool.