Omerta

Is Sam Bradford really that bad ?

I have seen it in the shoutbox and seen everywhere that people think the kid is garbage. Why? his second season was injury riddled so the only complete season we have to evaluate him on is his first. I did not think he was that bad when you consider that his #1 WR was Mark Clayton. A guy who was let go from the Ravens who are a team I must admit is steeped in a long running tradition of terrible WR play. And honestly before the last couple years how many people knew who the Rams WR's were ?

Since there are not many Rams fans I have seen, what are your thoughts on him ?

I don't think Bradford will turn into everything more than a decent QB. But I'm still with holding judgement on him till this season rolls around. His Yards per attempt were worse than Colt McCoys. His Completion percentage is worse than Colt Mccoys.With those numbers Colt is finding his way out of town but yet not Bradford ? To me Bradford just seems like (As Bucman said) Captain Checkdown.

I remember the opinion on him (from this board) in his rookie year. :devious:

Sam Bradford is an average QB at worst IMO. The kid sits behind an offensive line that Sandusky's him and had absolutely NO talent around him last year outside of Stephen Jackson. The idiots here that are critical of him just like to simply read stat lines and say he sucks without any context.

he had a very good rookie year followed by a very mediocre second year, I'm guessing he settles down somewhere in between and turns into a solid starter, I'd say Flacco/Ryan level at the worst or Schaub/Romo level at best

Sam Bradford is an average QB at worst IMO. The kid sits behind an offensive line that Sandusky's him and had absolutely NO talent around him last year outside of Stephen Jackson. The idiots here that are critical of him just like to simply read stat lines and say he sucks without any context.

lol I find it funny that your so high on Bradford but yet Stafford is only an below avergae qb with megatron.

He had a mediocre rookie year followd by a horrible second year. This guy is Ric Mirer combined with David Carr. You can give him his third year, but right now both McCoy and Tebow have proven to be better QB's than him, and both of those guys got dumped by their teams. The only reason the Rams can't is that massive cap hit flowing out of his bunghole. This is his last chance as far as I'm concerned, if he can't show improvement and look at least like Andy Dalton did his rookie year, I say you move on, or try to.

He might be in a Forever Alex Smith situation though, that might be interesting...

lol I find it funny that your so high on Bradford but yet Stafford is only an below avergae qb with megatron.

That can not be proven one way or the other. Take anyones top target away and they will suffer.

It's because BWare gets defensive when any QB starts creeping up near the amazing Tony Romo.

• Upvote 2

As long as the Rams can fix that o-line and give him some weapons, I think Bradford will be fine. The guy has a cannon for an arm and when he gets protection, he can make great throws. He just needs some time to sit back in the pocket and not have to worry about pass rushers getting after him every play and I think he can be a very good QB.

He had a mediocre rookie year followd by a horrible second year. This guy is Ric Mirer combined with David Carr. You can give him his third year, but right now both McCoy and Tebow have proven to be better QB's than him, and both of those guys got dumped by their teams. The only reason the Rams can't is that massive cap hit flowing out of his bunghole. This is his last chance as far as I'm concerned, if he can't show improvement and look at least like Andy Dalton did his rookie year, I say you move on, or try to.

He might be in a Forever Alex Smith situation though, that might be interesting...

354/590 (60%) for 3,512 yards, 18 tds and 15 picks is better than mediocre for a rookie

He threw the ball nearly 600 times and barely hit 3500 yards, (Less than 6 YPA!) that's not really anything special considering what Ryan, Flacco and Newton did their rookie years. Slightly more TD's than INT's is alright, but his season was awful for a starter in the league, making him a mediocre rookie. His second season ended up worse than his first. He hasn't shown he can do anything but dink and dunk, and that doesn't win games in the NFL. Ask Jason Campbell how well that turned out for him in Washington. He has a lot more to do before he becomes starter caliber.

• Upvote 1

That can not be proven one way or the other. Take anyones top target away and they will suffer.

I was referring to TheifOnTheCross post in the Thread called does Stafford need Megatron.

I think he is being overrated by anyone who thinks he's good yet.

But with that being said, I really do think he can be a top 10 QB. He has all the physcial tools except maybe health. He has the brains, the mechanics, the arm and the size to be a good QB. Obviously staying healthy is a problem.

Whether he makes it I guess is a different question, one of the biggest ways to dismantle a QB's career is to fill it with inconsistencies and for him to be on the bench consistently due to injuries... And it seems like he's heading that way...

Bradford is average, although he is better than anything we have at QB. I don't see him living up to the #1 pick. And he was captain check down his rookie year.

Edited by The Phenom

People say he's garbage because they expect QB's to be magical beings that should have good stats even when their first two years are spent surrounded by the worst starting offensive players in the league. Injuries apparently shouldn't hinder them either.

Anyone saying the guy is awful should first actually watch a Ram's game and analyze the O-line and as much of the WR's as they can, because obviously they never have. Then come back and compare him to guys like Flacco, Ryan, and Newton when the depth charts are remotely similar, because right now it's like comparing a well built NFL team to a bunch of arena league starters.

He threw the ball nearly 600 times and barely hit 3500 yards, (Less than 6 YPA!) that's not really anything special considering what Ryan, Flacco and Newton did their rookie years. Slightly more TD's than INT's is alright, but his season was awful for a starter in the league, making him a mediocre rookie. His second season ended up worse than his first. He hasn't shown he can do anything but dink and dunk, and that doesn't win games in the NFL. Ask Jason Campbell how well that turned out for him in Washington. He has a lot more to do before he becomes starter caliber.

I'd call that a decent year for a starter, which makes it a pretty good year for a rookie, especially considering that his top two receivers were Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson (and yes, I did have to look that up)

Bradford is average, although he is better than anything we have at QB. I don't see him living up to the #1 pick. And he was captain check down his rookie year.

that;s why the avg per pass was so low...

I know this--he is the last of the Qbs signed before the new scale..i think for last year he was around the 17 million dollar mark, making him in the scale near brady....

expensive, considering what you got for what you paid...bradford is good enough to win games, if he gets the pieces around him..will he ever be elite?--probably not...

but no--not like bradford can't win games, hard to judge when a team is that bad at skill position players...in time, we will see..a QB is handcuffed by his WR/TE..and the same reversed...add in there some playcalling, and you see how a QB can be ruined by outside things...even if he has talent...

I think bradfords performance follows suit with--the talent level of the team that drafted him..as a #1 overall--he shoul make everyone better sure..I think a better team, better players--you would have better stats for bradford...I think bradford is the kind of player--that has to be surrounded by talent to be great, and not the type that elevates the team because of himself..he is the kind, that you can have success with, but he goes wherever the winds blow as far as talent level of that team..

I don't get bashing him for checking down, if I've got Steven Jackson in the backfield, if I had to choose between him and Brandon Gibson on the outside (or Brandon Lloyd, who went to STL week 5) I'd be going to SJax a lot as well

Sam Bradford Year 1 : This kid is amazing! He's the savior of the Rams! In a few years he'll be a top ten QB! Maybe even top 5!

Sam Bradford Year 2 : This kid sucks! The Rams wasted their time and money on him! They should fire him and start over!

...Wow. Talk about an about face. People need to learn that not every QB is going to immediately put up elite numbers. Most of the current "elites" we know and love didn't play like elites for the first couple of years either. It takes time for a rookie QB to develop. Alot has to go right. Sam Bradford was plugged into an offense that was a barren wasteland of non-talent.

You can hardly blame him for struggling when he got injured, his O-Line is non-existant, and his only offensive weapon is his running back. Not to mention most QBs tend to struggle their second year. Nobody could have a good year in that situation. Bradford has the skill. They just need to get him some help out there. Build around him, get the rest of the team in order, before you start calling for his head.

Two years isn't enough to make a call on any rookie QB. Especially not one thrown to the dogs by a team struggling to rebuild. Let's see how this year goes before we stamp the "bust" label on his forehead.

Yes

I'm not high on Bradford, and you damn bloody Canadian, I said that Stafford is an average QB with Megatron, below average without.

Passing for 41 TDS and 5000 yards is average? Lawlz I guess that makes Matt Ryan horrible or Dog shit ?

Because stats are everything...the Lions pass the ball seemingly 90% of the time, if the Falcons did that with Matt Ryan he'd look that 'impressive' too.

His yards per attempt were also off the charts..Detroit run game was mediocre (and that's being nice about it) as well as their run D and their pass D but yet still manage ten wins and make the playoffs... No thanks to that average qb though. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1