Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

The Nets have no one to trade :shrug: and they haven't landed Joe Johnson yet like they want to.

Not exactly sure what kinda firepower the Nets would have to make the trade, unless if it's a three team trade.

Who do the Nets have? They are better getting SOMEONE back for Howard. Nets dont have anyone worth a damn. unless it wa Gallace and Deron which they wont do.

Who do the Nets have? They are better getting SOMEONE back for Howard. Nets dont have anyone worth a damn. unless it wa Gallace and Deron which they wont do.

They do have a few pieces, but they would have to resign Lopez and MarShon Brooks

thats really about it in terms of talent outside of the people they would want to build a team around. If I were the Magic I'd demand they take Hedo and Jason Richardson too.

They do have a few pieces, but they would have to resign Lopez and MarShon Brooks

thats really about it in terms of talent outside of the people they would want to build a team around. If I were the Magic I'd demand they take Hedo and Jason Richardson too.

Brook Lopez???? I understand guys pretty nice, but hes not a star nor close too one. For getting the best center in the NBA all around, u gotta give some equal peices. Deron Williams and Lopez would be a good deal. But we know the Nets are keeping him. Or going to try.

If the Magic can't find another team for Howard, you may as well get something for him.

I'd be shocked if Ray Allen signed with anyone but the Heat. I don't see why RayRay wants to finish his career out ring chasing when he already has one though.

I'm guessing that he just wants to play on a team that can compete. When you're used to competing at a high level, you don't really want to go back to floundering around in mediocrity, especially right at the end of a career. Plus, is one ring is good, isn't two better?

And they definitely dont get your type either. LBJ Wade And Bosh promised a dynasty. One ring isnt a dynasty. Heat put themselves in a big hole by talking all that atlk. Sure.. .you won this yr, u got 2 rings left to win before ppl finnally take the Heat seriously fully. Theres NOTHING u can say , THIS IS THE REASON. Theres no ur opinion of it, this is why. Heat talked bullshit before proving anything so they must now back it up or be forever known as just talkers. Thats the way it is in the sports world.

lulwut?

They promised multiple rings. Its their second year together and they've got one down. They've already begun to back it up.

lulwut?

They promised multiple rings. Its their second year together and they've got one down. They've already begun to back it up.

Dont matter if they STARTING too. They HAVENT. until they win that third ring nobody will take em seriously like these Heat fans expect. When u talk before uve done shit, ppl will think of em as a joke.

Dont matter if they STARTING too. They HAVENT. until they win that third ring nobody will take em seriously like these Heat fans expect. When u talk before uve done shit, ppl will think of em as a joke.

People may hate them but I doubt anyone, except you I guess, thinks of them as a 'joke'. I'd be impressed if they only won 2 titles together. There are franchises that still have never won a championship.

People may hate them but I doubt anyone, except you I guess, thinks of them as a 'joke'. I'd be impressed if they only won 2 titles together. There are franchises that still have never won a championship.

I'm sorry, but amalgamating three bone-fide superstars in their prime is not impressive when it turns out in a title. It's unimpressive every time they don't win one. I'm glad 'Bron, Bosh, Battier, and Miller got theirs. I really am, but to say that this was earned like every other NBA title--No. Absolutely, unequivocally not.

Also, as long as this team has Dwyane Wade on the roster, I am absolutely disinterested in them winning another title. There are two NBA players who I despise to see win, Wade and CP3, and it's because they're prima-dona diva bitches who do nothing but whine and whine and whine on the court. I hate it. I want both of their basketball careers to go as far downhill as possible as long as they keep bitching as much as they do.

Guest Phailadelphia

Steve Nash has visited with Toronto, and the Knicks are next. He's also open to returning to the Mavs if Dallas is unable to land Deron Williams.

OKC is the "most likely" landing spot for FA center Hasheem Thabeet.

Atlanta is trying to trade Joe Johnson to the Nets. If that falls through, they will pursue OJ Mayo.

Brandon Roy, who is healthy and ready to play, met with Minnesota brass a couple of nights ago.

Gerald Wallace signed a 4-year, $40 mil contract with the Nets.

Boston is pursuing Jason Terry in anticipation of losing Ray Allen.

Both Houston and Portland are attempting to sign free agent center Omer Asik.

Houston is trying to move Kyle Lowry in order to keep Goran Dragic, who will only play for a team where he is the starter.

Denver wants to extend JaVale McGee.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Houston needs to look at what Minnesota did last year with Rubio and Ridnour starting. It avoided a conflict and allowed a veteran and rookie to mesh at the same time.

Lowry is enough of a pit bull to defend 2s, but Dragic would be more likely to get that role because he's 6'4 versus Lowry's 6'.

I'd love to keep both, but that obviously isn't going to happen.

Also, what's the point of signing Thabeet if Brooks won't even play him? He won't play Aldrich, so there's really no hope for Thabeet.

Guest Phailadelphia

Also, what's the point of signing Thabeet if Brooks won't even play him? He won't play Aldrich, so there's really no hope for Thabeet.

Aldrich will likely be the backup C this year. Brooks was in no rush to play him in 2011-2012 because Mohammed, for all his faults, was the better player. Seeing as he'll likely walk this offseason, Aldrich will be asked to step up. Thabeet's only real knock since entering the NBA is his work ethic, and OKC probably feels the environment there will lead to the player teams thought they were getting when he was drafted 2nd overall. If nothing else, is a low risk high reward type payoff where they can basically try to groom him for a year or 2 and see what happens.

Guest Phailadelphia

Scott Brooks contract extension is done. 4 years for $4M+/year. So relieved they got this done.

Mike McGraw: Actually, sources now say Omer's offer is 3 yrs, $25.1 mil, which would work out to $5, 5.2 and close to $15 mil in third year. Crazy. Twitter

What the hell? :rofl:

Doing a contract that way makes sense. It means in his last year he'll have value as an expensive expiring contract.

It also makes it more difficult for Chicago to match the offer. I wonder if they will.

Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Hornets was also on Colangelo’s radar to be brought in, but has apparently already suffered his first injury.

“Anthony Davis was scheduled to be in until we find out that he sprained his ankle two days ago in his first workout with his new team, and he’s suspect now.”

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/02/holden-and-danny-jerry-colangelo-says-anthony-davis-may-not-join-team-u-s-a-with-sprained-ankle/

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Nets are closing in on a trade for Joe Johnson, though the deal may be contingent upon Deron Williams signing with the Nets.

Mutliple sources have verified that the deal is on the verge of completion, but there are conflicting reports as to whether New Jersey will officially pull the trigger before getting an assurance from D-Will. The basic outline of the deal, as reported yesterday, will likely send Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Anthony Morrow and Jordan Williams to the Hawks, along with a first-round pick and a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson. Check back soon for updated specifics. Critically, the deal would all but guarantee that Dwight Howard will not be traded to the Nets (the only team he's said he'll sign an extension with), which significantly complicates his trade demands. Jul 2 - 5:07 PM

Source: Colin Stephenson on Twitter

Updating a previous report, the Nets and Hawks have agreed to terms on a trade sending Joe Johnson to the Nets, but the deal is contingent upon Deron Williams signing with Brooklyn.

According to Yahoo! Sports, the Nets will give up the expiring contracts of Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, Jordan Farmar and Anthony Morrow, and a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson. The Hawks were desperate to unload Johnson's contract (four years, about $90 million left) and the Nets apparently managed to keep their first-round picks, MarShon Brooks and Gerald Green. Jul 2 - 5:27 PM

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Edited by BLUE

Hawks also traded Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris. Danny Ferry is creating some big time cap space for Atlanta.

Dwight Howard is from Atlanta. Oh my...

Wow Danny Ferry making good moves, why couldn't he do that for the Cavs. Would be funny too see Deron Williams bolt to the Mavericks now.