Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Houston police arrest Adrian Peterson

via PFT

Posted by Mike Florio on July 7, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT For now, the events leading to the Saturday morning arrest of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson aren’t clear. Soon, they likely will be.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the incident culminating in Peterson’s arrest was captured by one or more surveillance cameras. Multiple persons also witnessed the event.

According to the source, Peterson, his girlfriend, and some family members were at a nightclub in Houston. At closing time, a group of police officers entered the club, and they began instructing the remaining patrons to leave.

Peterson wanted to get some water before he left, but an officer told Peterson that he needed to leave. Some words apparently were exchanged, but Peterson eventually walked to the exit with one of the club’s bouncers.

It’s believed that one of the officers then jumped on Peterson’s back from behind and tried to take him down. (Key word: “tried.”) Other officers then joined the fray and completed the arrest.

Peterson was charged with resisting arrest, which implies he was being arrested for something else. He is charged for now with no other crime.

Multiple witnesses recorded portions of the incident with their phones, but it’s currently believed that the best view of the interaction between Peterson and the police will come from the surveillance camera(s) at the club.

Keep checking PFT — or perhaps YouTube — for more details.

How the fuck does someone get arrested for resisting arrest?

Details seem a little strange right now, so I'll hold any sort of judgment until the truth comes out.

It’s believed that one of the officers then jumped on Peterson’s back from behind and tried to take him down. (Key word: “tried.”) Other officers then joined the fray and completed the arrest.

Details seem a little strange right now, so I'll hold any sort of judgment until the truth comes out.

This.

Even though his "slave" analogy was stupidity at its finest, I always assumed AD was a somewhat normally headed guy so I'm interested to hear more.

This is really odd. IMO only 2 things can happen from here. 1. More info gets released about what Peterson did and why the Cops wanted to arrest him and this PFT story is only telling 1 side. Or.... 2. This is horrible police work and somebody should be fired for being a hot head and arresting an innocent civilian.

not to mention jumping on a man recovering from major knee surgeries. If he's hurt, this could drastically affect his career.

Doesn't sound to me like he did anything wrong.

I wouldn't be shocked to find out he did nothing. Cops want to think they run everybody and can't take that back talk or bad mouthing. AP probably told that office how he felt about a cop telling him he can't get a cup of water and left and the cop's ego was too bruised to let it go and so they do what they always do to young successful celebrities.

Per the police report, a Houston officer claims Adrian Peterson shoved him in the shoulder after police asked Peterson and his family to leave a nightclub late Friday, prior to Peterson's arrest.

The officer, allegedly trying to clear the bar at closing time, claims he had to ask Peterson twice. "As the officer turned away to remind other patrons of this," the report reads, "Peterson told the officer that the group had heard him the first time and pushed the officer in the shoulder, causing him to stumble." It reportedly took three policemen to "detain" Peterson in a struggle. The only charge against Peterson was "resisting arrest."

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

If AP shoved the cop, that should be assault on an officer, no?

If AP shoved the cop, that should be assault on an officer, no?

You would think but if Randy Moss can run into a traffic cop with his car with no consequences I think AP will have nothing to worry about.

"He shoved me," one says HOURS after the arrest. Yeah, fuck that.

Get that weak shit out of here and drop all charges.

"He shoved me," one says HOURS after the arrest. Yeah, fuck that.

Get that weak shit out of here and drop all charges.

Yea... If only we could all get away with shoving cops when being talked to... And resisting arrests...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Yea... If only we could all get away with shoving cops when being talked to... And resisting arrests...

No kidding.

It might be "weak". But I certainly couldn't behave like that towards a policeman and pretend like everything is cool. ha.

You two missed the point. If there was any "shove" involved, it would have been reported right away.

You two missed the point. If there was any "shove" involved, it would have been reported right away.

Why? Details were unclear and there is supposedly video evidence. We should see something soon. I dont know what the fuck happened but I'm not ready to jump and blame the cop because the media didnt report a shove right away.

via TMZ

Daniel Maher, general manager of Live at Bayou Place, tells TMZ that Peterson has been to the club before, but he has never known him to drink much. Last night, however, Maher said Peterson was ver drunk and was a difficult customer all night.

Maher says Peterson was throwing his ego around and making people mad, so they put him in the VIP area. Maher says when the club was closing, he rushed over to the bar to try and order one last drink and when he wouldn't Maher says Peterson "tried to intimidate the bartender" into selling it to him.

According to Maher, that's when he intervened, but Peterson continued to be "unreasonable." That's when Maher says the off-duty cop intervened, and, as TMZ first reported, Peterson proceeded to shove him.

Maher says during his confrontation with the officer, Peterson assumed a fight stance and looked "like he meant business." Maher says, "He looked really scary and I thought he was gonna attack the cops."

Other witnesses have claimed that AP just went to get some water and was on his way out when he was approached from behind and jumped on (on a recently repaired ACL and MCL, mind you). There really is no way to definitively say he's wrong without video evidence of a real shove (and Lord knows he's a strong man. He may have just put his hand on the guy's shoulder while stepping around him and the guy just wasn't expecting it and stumbled. This is entirely possible).

Also, I despise how much authority is given to police officers. Many, and I mean many, go beyond that authority and hold it above people's heads. Just the other night, I had a cop make up a reason to pull me over and the fucker gave me a sobriety test. Soon as he realized I was sober he let me go. I wasn't speeding. I wasn't swerving. The fucker was just looking to hand out a DUI, and he made up a scenario in order to give himself the opportunity.

And I don't even need to get into the countless amounts of people who have similar stories. Cops are not acting within their authority in this country and it needs to be reviewed and assessed.

Quite frankly, by all accounts it sounds as if these cops turned nothing into a situation. Not the other way around.

TMZ is not a reliable source. They're like the internet's National Enquirer.

• Downvote 1

Other witnesses have claimed that AP just went to get some water and was on his way out when he was approached from behind and jumped on (on a recently repaired ACL and MCL, mind you). There really is no way to definitively say he's wrong without video evidence of a real shove (and Lord knows he's a strong man. He may have just put his hand on the guy's shoulder while stepping around him and the guy just wasn't expecting it and stumbled. This is entirely possible).

Also, I despise how much authority is given to police officers. Many, and I mean many, go beyond that authority and hold it above people's heads. Just the other night, I had a cop make up a reason to pull me over and the fucker gave me a sobriety test. Soon as he realized I was sober he let me go. I wasn't speeding. I wasn't swerving. The fucker was just looking to hand out a DUI, and he made up a scenario in order to give himself the opportunity.

And I don't even need to get into the countless amounts of people who have similar stories. Cops are not acting within their authority in this country and it needs to be reviewed and assessed.

Quite frankly, by all accounts it sounds as if these cops turned nothing into a situation. Not the other way around.

Who said there is anything definite about this story? I said there is supposedly video evidence so we'll should see what the real story is.

I'm not a fan of cops either. In fact, I repeatedly posted stories about crooked police to fuck with FSUViking. I'm willing to give AP the benefit of the doubt here based on his character but he's already apologized for his behavior. I don't think there is any way we can say that by all accounts the cops turned something into nothing.

Ha! Are you really attacking a source? The old ad hominem defense? They have been dead on when reporting sporting news. Prove otherwise.

I think most of us just really don't want AP to actually be shown in a negative light. I never seen a serious problem with the guy and for the most part he is one of the "good guys" in the league. I'm hoping it was a misunderstanding, but overall besides an attack on character this incident isn't that big.

Lol @ TMZ. They actually TRY to make celebrities look terrible in the public eye. Let me just say that this sounds more like another Houston Cop with a large ego than an NFL player with a large ego. Does anyone remember the Ryan Moats case and how embarrassing that was for Houston police?

Coming from a family with a lot of police background I myself can say that these days, cops have a sense of entitlement and think they can do no wrong. When in reality, they actually tend to make situations worse than what the offenders make them to be. Either way, to only be charged with resisting arrest is a pile of garbage. And when it does go to small courts, the police department will need to explain why he was being arrested to begin with or otherwise drop the case.

TMZ is extremely reliable. They are NOTHING like the National Enquirer...

On to the story, if he did indeed shove the cop then yes that is a problem but of course I'll hold judgment.

Lol @ TMZ. They actually TRY to make celebrities look terrible in the public eye. Let me just say that this sounds more like another Houston Cop with a large ego than an NFL player with a large ego. Does anyone remember the Ryan Moats case and how embarrassing that was for Houston police?

Coming from a family with a lot of police background I myself can say that these days, cops have a sense of entitlement and think they can do no wrong. When in reality, they actually tend to make situations worse than what the offenders make them to be. Either way, to only be charged with resisting arrest is a pile of garbage. And when it does go to small courts, the police department will need to explain why he was being arrested to begin with or otherwise drop the case.

The owner of the bar/club who knows AP says he was being (uncharacteristically) unruly... Yet it still seems like, to you, that the cop just has a large ego...?

I dunno what it is with you guys (not just you Chris), but you seem to be in denial. lol. I guess we will wait for the video to be released and see.