It's a shame I'm still oversea, and never decided to change my providers to one available here... This 2G data has made it impossible for me to catch anything.

Evolved my Eevee, got a 940 Vaporeon, my strongest pokemon so far. Caught a level 330 Weepinbell. Still can't fight in any gyms... I am losing out on so much XP and other rewards for holding gyms. :(

Was just jogging in the rain at 2:30 am chasing a Pikachu around town. CAPTURED IT. Also got a Venemoth, both fairly low CP. Went around and tired gyms and THEY WORKED. All 4 gyms in town (small town) are under my authority. Although on two of them, I didn' thave the most control of my iPhone because of the rain, so I put weaker pokemon in charge of those gyms. I will lose them but, it's okay.

Moltres > Zapdos > Articuno

Team Valor wins.

Moltres > Zapdos > Articuno

Team Valor wins.

Your logic is flawed.

Articuno > Zapdos > Moltres

Team Mystic Wins.

Articuno > Zapdos > Moltres

You all deserves negs for posting such blasphemy. According to dictionary.com:

lame1

adjective/pokemon, lamer, lamest.

Articuno.
Articuno is lame and the worst.
impaired or disabled through defect or injury:
a lame arm.
weak; inadequate; unsatisfactory; clumsy:
a lame excuse.
Edited by BJABY

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/11/heres-all-the-data-pokemon-go-is-collecting-from-your-phone.html

And as millions of users wander the country collecting Pikachus and Jigglypuffs, the Google spinoff Niantic, Inc. that developed the game is collecting information about the collectors. And it's most definitely catching them all.

Like most apps that work with the GPS in your smartphone, Pokémon Go can tell a lot of things about you based on your movement as you play: Where you go, when you went there, how you got there, how long you stayed, and who else was there. And, like many developers who build those apps, Niantic keeps that information.

According to the Pokémon Go privacy policy, Niantic may collect — among other things — your email address, IP address, the web page you were using before logging into Pokémon Go, your user name, and your location. And if you use your Google account for sign-in and use an iOS device, unless you specifically revoke it, Niantic has access to your entire Google account. That means Niantic has read and write access to your email, Google Drive docs, and more. (It also means that if the Niantic servers are hacked, whoever hacked the servers would potentially have access to your entire Google account. And you can bet the game's extreme popularity has made it a target for hackers. Given the number of children playing the game, that's a scary thought.) You can check what kind of access Niantic has to your Google account here.

It also may share this information with other parties, including The Pokémon Company that co-developed the game, "third-party service providers," and "third parties" to conduct "research and analysis, demographic profiling, and other similar purposes." It also, per the policy, may share any information it collects with law enforcement in response to a legal claim, to protect its own interests, or stop "illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity."

Now, none of these privacy provisions are of themselves unique. Location-based apps from Foursquare to Tinder can and do similar things. But Pokémon Go's incredibly granular, block-by-block map data, combined with its surging popularity, may soon make it one of, if not the most, detailed location-based social graphs ever compiled.

And it's all, or mostly, in the hands of Niantic, a small augmented reality development company with serious Silicon Valley roots. The company's origins trace back to the geospatial data visualization startup Keyhole, Inc., which Google acquired in 2004; it played a crucial role in the development of Google Earth and Google Maps. And though Niantic spun off from Alphabet late last year, Google's parent company is still one of its a major investors, as is Nintendo, which owns a majority stake in The Pokémon Company. Indeed, Google still owned Niantic when the developer released its first game, Ingress, which is what Niantic used to pick the locations for Pokémon Go's ubiquitous Pokéstops and gyms.

Citing CEO John Hanke's travel plans, a representative from Niantic was not able to clarify to BuzzFeed News if the company will share location data with Alphabet or Nintendo. A Google representative forwarded BuzzFeed News' request for comment to Niantic.

Given the fact that Pokémon Go already has millions of users and that it has already attracted the attention of law enforcement, it seems likely that at some point police will try to get Niantic to hand over user information. And if Google's track record is any indication — a report earlier this year showed that the company complied with 78 percent of law enforcement requests for user data — they are probably prepared to cooperate.

:whistle:

• Upvote 1

A nice little Q&A from The Onion: What Is Pokémon Go?

including this gem:

Q: Should I worry about the amount of information that I will expose about myself by using the app?
A: It’s never stopped you before
  • Upvote 1

Went with my brother on my first venture after work last night. I was Level 5 when we started and I had only hit 2 Pokestops. By the end I was 10 with 198 stops. Still haven't joined a team.

I have 205 Pokemon and I spent $20 so I could have incubators. Hatched a 274 Tangela and an Exeggcute. Caught a 293 Tauros, 254 Grimer, 232 Evee, 214 Squirtle, 196 Growlithe, 123 Dratini, few other things. Pokedex is at 34/36.

I have 2 Lucky Eggs, 30187 Stardust, and I'm not sure exactly how to spend it.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Went with my brother on my first venture after work last night. I was Level 5 when we started and I had only hit 2 Pokestops. By the end I was 10 with 198 stops. Still haven't joined a team.

I have 205 Pokemon and I spent $20 so I could have incubators. Hatched a 274 Tangela and an Exeggcute. Caught a 293 Tauros, 254 Grimer, 232 Evee, 214 Squirtle, 196 Growlithe, 123 Dratini, few other things. Pokedex is at 34/36.

I have 2 Lucky Eggs, 30187 Stardust, and I'm not sure exactly how to spend it.

Are you saying you don't know what the dust is for(doubt it, you're pretty deft) or you don't know which pokemon you want to upgrade?

Are you saying you don't know what the dust is for(doubt it, you're pretty deft) or you don't know which pokemon you want to upgrade?

I'm not sure if I want to keep saving until I'm getting better Pokemon rather than burning them now, or if I should level up a bunch and jump into the Gym scene. I kinda like the idea of building up a fuckton of stuff and waiting to choose a team until I'm level 20 or some shit and using all of my resources in the most efficient way possible.

Efficiency wise you want to wait till the pokemon are on their last evolution to start pumping them. CP will end up a bit higher.

Damn, how long were you out? lol. I am such a casual

Damn, how long were you out? lol. I am such a casual

We were out for about 4 hours total. This included a few long drives and a trip to McDonald's. There's a big park here with 11 points not terribly far apart that we ended the trip at. The main spot we went to was a museum that had 3 points very near and another half a block away and there were lures up for quite a while. We also used Incense.

I haven't gotten a 10k egg yet. >_> So lame.

I've had a few friends get Eevees from theirs. Another person also posted he got a Magikarp.

It looks like 10km eggs have a chance at a very rare, but you can still get commons.

I haven't gotten a 10k egg yet. >_> So lame.

I have two that are at 9k. I haven't done much since the other night, but I did use a Lucky Egg, evolve a ton of stuff, and I'm level 15.5 now. I chose Yellow, because who was I kidding, right? Apparently I'm not high enough to have a 1000CP Pokemon, so I have a 995 Hypno as my top with a Jolteon I'm not sure about upgrading. He was ~700 after evolving. Have a 640 Gloom that I want to evolve, but don't have near enough Candy for.

Alright, Zack, way to join the right team!

• Upvote 1

Got a vaporean on my latest eevee evolve. So now I have a 624 Vaporean and a 554 Flareon, neither upgraded yet. I'm trying to get the eevee evolves before upgrading them.