Dutch

Who are your top 5 players of all time?

It's not about agree or disagree but you're agreeing with him for disagreeing with who I like :shrug: lol...

It takes a very judgmental person to disapprove of someone else's personal favorite of all time list. I'm just different & don't bother worrying about the reasons why or why not someone else likes or dislikes somebody because that's their own opinion & business. I'm more of a "Do you bro" type of mentality. It's not a debate thread, it's a personal opinion thread; I'm not the dude to throw dirt someone's way for that.

I guess I didn't spell this out enough.

*The reputation given* is not about whether or not he agrees or disagrees with you.

I kinda agree *with his opinion* that an Eagles fan liking Terrell Owens is just incredible.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

I guess I didn't spell this out enough.

*The reputation given* is not about whether or not he agrees or disagrees with you.

I kinda agree *with his opinion* that an Eagles fan liking Terrell Owens is just incredible.

You say this

But you said this in post #21

We use rep to express when someone says something we strongly agree/disagree with

:wtf::shrug:

This is getting no where. The back and forth is pointless. Let's just get back to the thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You say this

But you said this in post #21

:wtf::shrug:

This is getting no where. The back and forth is pointless. Let's just get back to the thread.

That is ONE of the cases where we give rep. I don't think that's why Sean gave it in this case. He didn't neg you because he merely disagreed with your opinion, he did it because to him your opinion was so absolutely insane for an Eagles fan to hold.

But again. It's just internet rep. It is not serious at all.

EDIT Check 1st post.

It's so hard to keep a small list of your favorite players.. so here's two other of my favorite players.

Adrian Peterson- I am praying to GOD that Adrian Peterson has a full recovery from his ACL injury. Peterson when healthy is THE BEST RB in the Nfl NO QUESTION. This dude runs like a machine. I've never seen a RB with the combination of his size, speed, agility and strength all in one. He's a super back imo. He electrified the league in his rookie year. Game 9 going against the Chargers was a monumental and epic game; Adrian Peterson in the same game as the best RB in the league Ladanian Tomlinson. Adrian Peterson showed up and put up a NFL single season record of 296 yards and tacked on 3 TDs. Can you imagine how that has to feel as a rookie going against (not literally) the best player at your position? Honestly, I think the torch went to Adrian Peterson that day as the best RB in the league and he has held on to it tight since then. Watching Adrian Peterson play is a privilege and definitely the most exciting and best RB in the league. I have no doubt Adrian Peterson could go down as one of the greats if he stays healthy. Wish Adrian Peterson a speedy and full recovery. :yep:

Adrian Peterson highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5j9lCuZJYg&feature=related

Owned and hilarious sound effect

Darrelle Revis- I got to give props to Darelle Revis playing on the the hardest positions and performing the way he does. Alot of ppl don't like him but his games speaks for itself. I use to say Nnamdi was better a few years back but Darrelle can line up anywhere on the field and can do it all. Revis going against some of the most gifted athletes in the world like Megatron, Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace, and others and shutting them down. He completely changes offensive game plans by taking out teams #1 receiver. He's been beat before but who is perfect in the NFL. His skill set to take out star WRs with Athletic prowess like Megatron, Andre Johnson, & plenty others is off the charts. He is prime to go down as one of the best corners ever in today's revolutionized passing league and with calls to protect the passing game.

Revis highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-z1XqGJ-_4

Most of these dudes out of their prime but amazing coverage in detail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odEkIjovrBM Game Revis shut down Megatron 1 catch 13 yards ; long bomb deflection

Edited by dutchff7

Johnny Unitas

Barry Sanders

Lawrence Taylor

Larry Fitzgerald

Otto Grahm

Honorable mention:

Jim Brown

Fran Tarkington

Dan Marino

Here are mine:

1. Deion Sanders - Maybe it's something about the fact that he was a Falcons, maybe it's his charisma, I don't know. I love how this guy presented himself. He didn't care what people thought of him, he knew that he was great - he knew he was "Prime-Time". Unlike most of the guys who talked/talk big games, Deion always backed up what he was talking, always. He is so far ahead of everyone else on this list for me, I don't think anyone will ever capture this spot in my head.

2. Adrian Peterson - Man, I love watching me some Adrian Peterson. It's as if no matter what defense he is up against, you always get a big play out of him. One memorable play I'll always remember was just a couple years ago (Even though it WAS against the Browns), Peterson goes down the field dipping and diving through defenders, then stiff-arms a couple guys and keeps right on going to the end zone. I really hope he comes back 100% because I think watching NFL highlights without seeing AP's name run across the screen will be extremely strange.

3. Randy Moss - His effort put forth has always been in question, however, it's up in the air if we will ever see another deep threat as large as Randy Moss enter the game again. Very few guys built like him have the acceleration to reach that top speed and then bring down amazing catches.

4. Tony Gonzalez - Tight End is a position where you really need to be a mix of all trades to succeed like Gonzo has all these years. You have to be a lineman, and a receiver. The perfect blend of strength, speed, and footwork to do your job. Gonzalez wasn't known as a blocker (obviously) but he was above average still in that department. When you are a tight end and sit 2nd behind the great Jerry Rice in receiving yards, you know you are one of the greatest all time at your position.

5. Brett Favre - Probably more frustrating to most who had to watch him week in and week out throw interceptions that weren't necessary, but I love how exciting he was. He was always trying to make a play. I loved the way he played the game - he played it like a child. Which is what most of the guys out there forget to do. It's a game, have some fun with what you do. He made a ton of great plays over the years. It's just a shame the Falcons traded him for nothing lol

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of going with a top five Titans then a top five others, so here are my top five Titans (also, as a qualifier I will limit this to players I watched, it's hard to call someone a favorite if I've only seen him in decades old highlights)

Top 5 Titans:

90333146_large.jpg

1) Keith Bulluck--the best LB we've had line up for us and a great core to our defense for years

Jevon-Kearse9andO_thumb-300x216.jpg

2) the Freak Jevon Kearse--this one is more of a personal thing, but I've always been a huge Jevon Kearse fan

mcnairx.jpg

3)Steve McNair--he'll probably land on every Titans fan's top five and for good reason, the guy was the heart and soul of the team for a decade, I can even forgive him for spending a few years with the Ravens

pg2_a_george_195.jpg

4) Eddie George--if this one isn't obvious no explanation will do

nfl_us_young_195.jpg

5) Vince Young--say what you want, some of the most entertaining games in Titans' history were with him under center and because he was under center, it sucks that he never got his head on straight with us and it looks like he may be OOF for good, but let's just say I'm not getting rid of my VY jerseys any time soon

and the non-Titans:

john-elway.jpg

1) John Elway--speaking of entertaining games, I really don't think I've enjoyed watching another QB more

Jerome-Bettis-2.jpg

2) Jerome Bettis--great player, very entertaining on and off the field

ray-lewis-p1.jpg

3) Ray Lewis--it's tough as a Titans fan to include a Raven in here, but man, watching Ray Lewis play, even now, is almost magical, defense will not be the same when he retires

smith-emmitt-dcb-2.jpg

4) Emmitt Smith--probably the best back I got to watch play

1f0f345d5b6461794ed5d2a94978e896.jpg

5) Larry Fitzgerald--so much fun to watch him play

• Upvote 1

Top 5 Patriots

1. Tom Brady

2. Rodney Harrison

3. Willie McGinest

4. Ty Law

T-5. Mike Vrabel

T-5. Tedy Bruschi

Top 5 Non Patriots of all time

1. Kurt Warner

2. Terrell Owens

3. Larry Johnson

4. Chad Johnson

5. Donovan McNabb

• Upvote 1

Donovan McNabb?

353ljn.jpg

• Downvote 1

Lol... Okay, well I didn't do my 5 favorite eagles list.

1.Brian Dawkins- See 1st post

1CSwG.jpg

2. Terrell Owens(also check 1st post)-I really wish things would have panned out with T.O... That 2004 season was the best offense I've seen besides the recent 2010 display. With T.O on our team, Mcnabb had his best season ever with a rating of 104.7. T.O becoming the 3rd piece to our offensive trifecta, our offense became a serious threat with match up problems across the board for opposing defenses. Even with T.O's devastating injury, he still played in the superbowl and balled out with 9 catches and 122 yards on a bad ankle.

KzjuR.jpg

3.Brian Westbrook- Westbrook provided us with some very entertaining games. A rb with great vision and nice moves. Brian was a nice weapon in the run game and pass game.

oIulX.jpg

4. Donovan McNabb- McNabb, the best QB in eagles franchise history. McNabb gave us Eagles fans lots of good memories and helped revive our franchise into a winning franchise (minus the superbowl :shifty: ). I questioned his leadership and FIRE several times but no situation topped the superbowl... On our last drive, the drive that could win us the game, McNabb was getting sick, throwing up and couldn't call plays... The eagles organization tried to refute that image, but 3 members of our team confirmed: Hank Fraley our center (who has the most intimate relationship with the QB), Freddie Mitchell, and Terrell Owens. Since then, I've always seen McNabb in a different light but he was STILL my QB and I stayed loyal.. It's more of a like / resentment relationship. The big game was just to big for him. Regardless, I will always be thankful for the good times from #5; oh yeah, and the balls thrown at receivers ankles :troll:

SuRDG.jpg

5. LeSean McCoy- I know it's early for McCoy but he has grown on me fast. This kid is our best player on our team and the crazy thing is he's young and probably hasn't hit his season yet. What he displayed last year, some of the plays reminded me of my favorite player of all time Barry Sanders.

WhXHj.jpg

sKfYe.jpg

Edited by dutchff7

More of a Top 5 "favourite" players of all time, so naturally they're all 49ers haha...

1. Joe Montana - greatest QB of all time

topper-montana.jpg

2. Jerry Rice - greatest WR of all time

jerry-rice-02.jpg

3. Ronnie Lott - straight up beast who gave 110% on every single snap

lott.jpg

4. Patrick Willis - leader of our current defense and just does it all sideline to sideline

espn_u_willis_b1_576.jpg

5. Justin Smith - downright nasty in the trenches and one of the most feared defensive players in the game right now

1rbcmr.St.4.jpg

• Upvote 2

That Justin Smith picture would make an awesome sig :yep:

Haha yeah it would...might have to make one now :ninja:

This is a "favorite" players list, right?

If it's not, then I need to completely revamp my list lol

I suppose that's what people are posting, but I responded to the title.

My favorite Eagles that I remember:

Dawkins

Cunningham

McNabb

Westy

Trent Cole

Would love to say I remember Reggie White better as an Eagle but my memory is hazy of him in an Eagles uni. Cunningham gets credit for making me an Eagles fan in the first place.

Non- Eagles:

Warrick Dunn

Dorsey Levens (I know he was an Eagle for a bit but I still think of him as Packer)

Reggie White (see above)

Barry Sanders

Brett Favre

Apparently biased towards Packers and running backs

Tony Gonzalez is definitely worth mentioning... I'll edit and make a post for him later.

Giants players:

Lawrence Taylor

Jessie Armstead

Rodney Hampton

Michael Strahan

Eli Manning

Non-Giants:

Brett Favre

Greg Lloyd

Barry Sanders

Barry Foster

Mike Singletary