Sign in to follow this  
BC

Golden Tate puts Sean Lee night-night

The crown of his helmet directly aimed for the head/neck area. That was illegal and dirty and a fine will be forthcoming.

2019178394.jpg

While technically illegal, I don't like calling hits like these "dirty" because he wasn't intending to hit him in the head. He's just trying to make a huge hit for a block, and incidentally made contact with the defenders helmet. Late hits, unnecessary roughness, roughing the passer, etc. are dirty but not this.

Also you can tell that Tate is trying to avoid the helmet but fails to do so.

Edited by badgers
  • Upvote 1

RT @RapSheet: #Seahawks WR Golden Tate was fined for his hit on #Cowboys LB Sean Lee, source said.

@RapSheet

#Seahawks WR Golden Tate was fined for his hit on #Cowboys LB Sean Lee, source said. Amount not available. Min. fine for blindside hit= $21K

Hope it was worth it loser.

It was in my opinion besides the team will pick him up most likely i just hope this doesn't make him get soft with his blocking just change it where he uses his shoulder into the chest area.

Chancellor got fined close to 100k last year for the hits he was putting on guys.

Edited by Sacks98

It was in my opinion besides the team will pick him up most likely i just hope this doesn't make him get soft with his blocking just change it where he uses his shoulder into the chest area.

Chancellor got fined close to 100k last year for the hits he was putting on guys.

You realize that violates the CBA.

You realize that violates the CBA.

You don't think the players still do it?

You don't think the players still do it?

So it's a bounty?

So it's a bounty?

Nope i don't see it that way anyways he didn't come into the game specifically targeting a player he made a split second reaction on a play.

Solution for Lee in the future.

Good video this is what Lee should have done in my opinion looked straight a head noticed Tate was 4 feet from him and done this but instead he had his head on a swivel.

Edited by Sacks98

Good video this is what Lee should have done in my opinion looked straight a head noticed Tate was 4 feet from him and done this but instead he had his head on a swivel.

Lee did nothing wrong. He was the victim of a blatant blindside hit. Illegal and Tate was punished for it.

End of story.

Lee did nothing wrong. He was the victim of a blatant blindside hit. Illegal and Tate was punished for it.

End of story.

Except not watch out for a WR that was right in front of him because if he had he would of never got blown up like he did.

Wasn't debating wether the hit was illegal or legal.

Edited by Sacks98

That's why you keep your head on a swivel.

Except not watch out for a WR that was right in front of him because if he had he would of never got blown up like he did.

Wasn't debating wether the hit was illegal or legal.

I'd rather go after the ball than the WR. Which he did.

I disgree with describing the hit as "dirty". A "dirty" hit to me is an intentional illegal hit meant to injure, or at least, temporarily take someone out. It looked more to me like Tate was trying to get leverage to block a dude twice his size and simply came up too far and caught him in the chin.

Now is this an illegal hit? Yes. Should he be fined? Yes, and he was. But it wasn't intentional or malicious. He was trying to stop Lee from getting to his quarterback, and he got a little overzealous with his block. Whoops. He paid for it, and it's done.

It's not like he's some vicious bloodthirsty linebacker out there getting fined for illegal hits every other game. He's a young WR who made an overzealous play on a defender. Once. Stop acting like he does it all the time. There was no reason for this to become such a big deal. Feels to me like the only reason it has is because Jerry made it one. "Shit. We got our asses kicked. Well I can't have people talking about that, so I'll raise a big stink about the Tate hit instead".

Edited by Jayrus

I bet if a Cowboys WR did this to a Seahawks LBer it would be dirty.

I bet if a Cowboys WR did this to a Seahawks LBer it would be dirty.

Honestly i wouldn't care if this happened to Wagner or K.J Wright i would be thinking the exact same thing it's not like Tate came out of no were the play was right in front of him.

I am sure there are some Hawk fans who would but not me.

Edited by Sacks98

Honestly i wouldn't care if this happened to Wagner or K.J Wright i would be thinking the exact same thing it's not like Tate came out of no were the play was right in front of him.

I am sure there are some Hawk fans who would but not me.

Indeed. Just because we're Seahawks fans doesn't mean we're so biased we're incapable of calling out our own team. If this had been Dez levelling Wagner the same way, I'd be saying the same thing. There's a very real and visible difference to when someone is trying to make a play and overdoes it, and when someone is being intentionally malicious. I knew Tate would get fined over this, and he did, but labelling him a "dirty" player because of one bad block isn't fair.

Edited by Jayrus

I think the fine is BS.

How is a DEFENSIVE player, looking to take out the ball carrier considered defenseless? Are all players that are too stupid to pay attention to other players around them considered defenseless?

Further, Tate didn't hit Lee in the helmet. He hit him in the chest, and powered forward and up. Lee's sudden stop caused his head to snap forward and down into the top of Tate's helmet. Even Lee himself said that he wasn't hit in the head/neck, but in the chest. He also had no problem with the hit, but rather the celebration afterwards. Tate led mostly with the crown of his helmet, so I can see that being part of the issue, but he also led with his shoulder, and used his hands almost simultaneously to power through him, considering Tate is much smaller than Lee.

tate.jpg

Former NFL lineback Dave Wyman doesn't think it's an illegal block either. Lee should've had his head on a swivel. Just because you're not paying attention doesn't mean you're defenseless. It makes you an idiot. Jerry and a lot of Cowboy fans are soft and whiners, and Goddell took pity.

Edited by True Blue
  • Downvote 4

Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule.

• Upvote 1

Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule. Hines Ward Rule.

Wait wait wait, so what you are trying to tell me is that it violates the Hines Ward rule ? hmmmmmm......... That is indeed a concept.

In seriousness though. The shit was illegal get over it. If you had to say he should have his head on a swivel then that means that you know it was a blinside block. Did he try to square up ? Yeah. Did he get there? meh kinda. Do I still think it was a great block ? Yes, absolutely loved it, athat however does not mean it is any more legal.

• Upvote 1

This may be the only memorable part of Golden Tate's career.

If there was an award from Most Ironic Post, this would win it.

I think the fine is BS.

How is a DEFENSIVE player, looking to take out the ball carrier considered defenseless? Are all players that are too stupid to pay attention to other players around them considered defenseless?

Further, Tate didn't hit Lee in the helmet. He hit him in the chest, and powered forward and up. Lee's sudden stop caused his head to snap forward and down into the top of Tate's helmet. Even Lee himself said that he wasn't hit in the head/neck, but in the chest. He also had no problem with the hit, but rather the celebration afterwards. Tate led mostly with the crown of his helmet, so I can see that being part of the issue, but he also led with his shoulder, and used his hands almost simultaneously to power through him, considering Tate is much smaller than Lee.

tate.jpg

Former NFL lineback Dave Wyman doesn't think it's an illegal block either. Lee should've had his head on a swivel. Just because you're not paying attention doesn't mean you're defenseless. It makes you an idiot. Jerry and a lot of Cowboy fans are soft and whiners, and Goddell took pity.

It was illegal because it was the crown of the helmet to the facemask/neck area.

Had nothing to do with it being a blindside block. Also, outside of Lee having no chance at making the tackle, it's pretty obvious that a scrub WR just wanted to do something for once instead of run a half-assed route and not have the ball come his way.

It was illegal based on very specific rules. How you don't get that is beyond me.

• Downvote 1

This may be the only memorable part of Golden Tate's career.

:sigh:

It was illegal because it was the crown of the helmet to the facemask/neck area.

Had nothing to do with it being a blindside block.

Wrong. The NFL stated it was due to it being a blindeside block. Try again.

“It was an illegal blindside block against a defenseless player. Page 67 of the rule book. Unnecessary contact against a defenseless player is prohibited. That includes “a player who receives a ‘blindside’ block when the blocker is moving toward or parallel to his own end line and approaches the opponent form behind or from the side.”

http://www.danpatrick.com/2012/09/20/statement-from-nfl-on-golden-tate-fine/

Edited by Zack_of_Steel