Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Romney Makes Historic Gains Post-Debate

Mitt Romney no longer trails Barack Obama in the Pew Research Center’s presidential election polling. By about three-to-one, voters say Romney did a better job than Obama in the Oct. 3 debate, and the Republican is now better regarded on most personal dimensions and on most issues than he was in September. Romney is seen as the candidate who has new ideas and is viewed as better able than Obama to improve the jobs situation and reduce the budget deficit.

In turn, Romney has drawn even with Obama in the presidential race among registered voters (46% to 46%) after trailing by nine points (42% to 51%) in September. Among likely voters, Romney holds a slight 49% to 45% edge over Obama. He trailed by eight points among likely voters last month.

http://www.people-press.org/2012/10/08/romneys-strong-debate-performance-erases-obamas-lead/

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/did-obama-just-throw-the-entire-election-away.html

That's a bigger swing than I ever expected...

the difference between the registered voter numbers and the likely voter numbers probably has to do with a lot of Obama supporters not planning on voting based on an assumption that he has the election locked up, I'm guessing a lot of those will turn into likely voters if the perception of the race changes

Sample size is important. Last time they did it they polled about twice the number of people and Obama was ahead by a good amount. I'm sure Romney closed the gap a little but I find it hard to believe he went from being 8% under to 4% over simply by lying his ass off in a single debate.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Sample size is important. Last time they did it they polled about twice the number of people and Obama was ahead by a good amount. I'm sure Romney closed the gap a little but I find it hard to believe he went from being 8% under to 4% over simply by lying his ass off in a single debate.

I don't know why Pew's polls show such a huge jump, but the other major election polling organizations are reporting only a 1-2% jump for Romney where he's either even or just behind Obama compared to Pew's giant leap ahead.

You mean CNN's new poll, Phail? They're hardly an unbiased source. Gallup had the same thing, I believe, a 4-6% gain for Romney.

I'm amazed that people actually bought any of Romney's bullshit. Why people suddenly think that Romney is the right guy is beyond me. I'll give a huge reason why I think he's an idiot below:

121008_0_Sharp%20Chart%202.jpg

I know I said I sided with military spending, but certainly not spending that surpasses KOREAN WAR SPENDING DURING THE 50S GIVEN THE CURRENT SITUATION.

Guest Phailadelphia

You mean CNN's new poll, Phail? They're hardly an unbiased source. Gallup had the same thing, I believe, a 4-6% gain for Romney.

I was referring to Gallup, which had Romney at +2%.

Anyway, new numbers out today. Both Obama and Romney are tied at 48%. The swing was probably due to the jobs report. Obama can't afford another bad debate performance.

I imagine Romney gets another mild boost after the VP debate tomorrow night as well. But the town hall debate will probably be the most important.

If they go into election night tied, Romney wins. The polls normally seem skewed towards the left a slight bit.

Edited by Thanatos19

If they go into election night tied, Romney wins. The polls normally seem skewed towards the left a slight bit.

Maybe he can win the popular vote, but is he going to take the college?

Maybe he can win the popular vote, but is he going to take the college?

If it's a close race, it probably comes down to Florida. Which means it comes down to whether Paul Ryan can convince the old people down here his medicare plan is to their benefit.

Tomorrow night's debate is huge.

I wish people would quit saying Romney is full of shit while absolving Obama. I really think both are full of shit and neither have a clue.

• Upvote 2

I wish people would quit saying Romney is full of shit while absolving Obama. I really think both are full of shit and neither have a clue.

All you have to do is look at Romney and listen to him speak to know he's full of shit. It's easy to detect his insincerity. I've made this comparison before. Romney is like that greasy used car salesman and people see that. I'm not saying that Obama isn't full of shit because in all honesty he is. With Romney it's just much easier to see.