Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA preseason!

Lotsa preseason action going on, the Lakers are on right now although I can't see it.

Anyway, Andre Drummond has looked much better then I thought he would (granted its preseason).

Guest Phailadelphia

Haven't seen any games except for OKC's two games. I only had 2 real observations: The first is that Westbrook is fucking huge. He looks like he put on 10-15 lbs in the offseason. Also he has a post game. He posted up Jeremy Lin and bullied him to the tune of 16 first quarter points. There aren't many (if any) PGs who can match Westbrook's strength or size...if his postgame is as good as it looked last night? Fuck...

Second: Serge Ibaka posted up on the reg in the 2nd preseason game. Back-to-the-basket type post-ups. He used the jab-step face-up jumper more than anything but had a couple of pump fake roll to the basket plays too. Very Nowitzki-esque in both his distance from the basket and his moves. Will be interesting to see what else is in his repertoire.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I hope Kim English does a good enough job to secure a spot on the Pistons. Big fan of his after his last year at Mizzou.

I know it's preseason, but I can't help but feel a little bit better about the Rockets season knowing that they're at least capable of competing. I think they'll be better than most think (30-35 wins), but I guess I'm not too excited and most certainly will wait for a different year to purchase League Pass.

Jeremy Lin and Kevin Martin are such trash on defense, though. Jesus. Just bad. Feet in concrete. About the only thing Martin ever does defensively is get one steal and slam. Otherwise, God help his teammates.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The Magic have actually looked good in preseason. The 3rd stringers keep losing us games, but the starters look good. Nikola Vucevic and Gustavo Ayon are a decent duo in the middle.

I know it's preseason, but I can't help but feel a little bit better about the Rockets season knowing that they're at least capable of competing. I think they'll be better than most think (30-35 wins), but I guess I'm not too excited and most certainly will wait for a different year to purchase League Pass.

Jeremy Lin and Kevin Martin are such trash on defense, though. Jesus. Just bad. Feet in concrete. About the only thing Martin ever does defensively is get one steal and slam. Otherwise, God help his teammates.

Lamb has also looked good.

Nets play their first game in Brooklyn, tonight. Can't wait. :shifty:

Really not too excited about our team this year.

We eradicated our bench, getting rid of John Lucas III, CJ Watson, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, and Omer Asik.

All of those guys were capable of coming off the bench and winning the game, especially Korver. Even though we got knocked out of the playoffs the first series, he had a great postseason.

We'll be starting the season with Carlos Boozer, Richard Hamilton, Joakim Noah, and I would presume Marquis Teague starting at guard since Rose won't be back. And Gibson, maybe. But he usually plays for Boozer.

I'm gonna go ahead and classify this 2012 season as a "restocking/reloading" year for us and say we miss the playoffs, hopefully spending the year making sure we've got the depth for a good bunch of championship runs starting in 2013.

Guest Phailadelphia

People are going to think I'm crazy for this but aside from DRose and Thibs, I think Chicago needs to re-construct their roster. I read a couple of reports over the summer saying multiple free agents wouldn't even give Chicago a look as a possible destination because they felt the team was more interested in winning regular season games than rings and I think that sentiment was reflected in the comments Boozer made following their exit from the playoffs. I'm curious to know from where that attitude stems because I highly doubt it's from DRose. That dude works too hard to settle for regular season wins.

I'm really rooting for Malik Wayns this year. He looked great in summer league from what I read and has been productive in the first two preseason games. It'd be great if he could step right in and replace Lou Williams' production off the bench. If Collins can get these guys to commit to playing defense like he did last year with our improvements down low and shooting we could be the most dangerous team in the East to Miami and surprise people to make a real run at a division title that Boston has had locked down since the big 3 came to town.

People are going to think I'm crazy for this but aside from DRose and Thibs, I think Chicago needs to re-construct their roster. I read a couple of reports over the summer saying multiple free agents wouldn't even give Chicago a look as a possible destination because they felt the team was more interested in winning regular season games than rings and I think that sentiment was reflected in the comments Boozer made following their exit from the playoffs. I'm curious to know from where that attitude stems because I highly doubt it's from DRose. That dude works too hard to settle for regular season wins.

No I agree with you. I think Taj Gibson is good too, and Noah is a solid starter and usually great defender. But other than those 3, we need to re-do everything.

Gotta say, the Nets' jerseys just keep growing on me. Love the simple, 2-color scheme look.

ny_u_williams01jr_576.jpg

I am really liking the Suns roster and depth, to be honest. Still have questions about Kendall Marshall and depending on how Gentry uses Shannon Brown, we could be in trouble at SG.

Celtics were beaten pretty easily by the Sixers last night..We've experimented a lot with different lineups and everyone could clearly see that there was nearly no chemistry..

Celtics made a lot of turnovers and it looked like we had no idea what to do with ball..

KG was ou and Darko Milicic hasn't shown much and it looks like he'll be seeing the bench more often..

We play the Nets tonight,hopefully we don't repeat the same performance..

It's going to be one long year for the Bulls...not a lot of depth. As far as other teams though, I now have an Atlanta Hawks season pass with my brother. :D

Celtics had an impressive performance against Brooklyn..Our starting 5 was great,especially Pierce and KG..

Also,Celtics signed Leandro Barbosa to add more depth to our backcourt..

Dirk Nowitzki has had arthroscopic knee surgery and is expected to be out for at least six weeks.

Nowitzki will begin on-court activities "within approximately six weeks," so he'll likely be out longer than the six-week timetable provided.

To say it's a tough blow for the Mavericks would be an understatement, but Nowitzki is hoping the procedure cures him of the ongoing battles with his knee. With Nowitzki out, O.J. Mayo becomes the primary offensive weapon in the Mavericks starting lineup, and Elton Brand just got a huge boost in value as well. All of the starting five will be asked to step up, increasing their fantasy appeal while Dirk recovers. Nowitzki will miss at least 16-18 games, with the potential to be out for even longer.

Paul Pierce (ankle) left the locker room with a "noticeable limp" after Thursday's preseason game, and Doc Rivers is unsure of how serious his injury might be.

Pierce returned to the game after he initially "tweaked" the ankle, and Rivers said after the game that he was "suspicious" about Pierce's injury. We highly doubt the C's would have let him return to the game if it was a serious concern, but it's a reminder that "The Truth" is coming up on his 15th season.

Dwight Howard (back) is expected to make his Lakers debut on Sunday against the Kings.

The plan is for Howard to play in 2-of-3 preseason games and not in both games of their upcoming back-to-back. Barring something unforeseen, we're expecting him to be fully healthy and back to his old self. Otherwise, the Lakers would simply hold him out.

Magic with another preseason win. The team looks really good in preseason. Our bigs are playing good ball on both ends, Glen Davis still looks like the beast he was at the end of last year. Jameer looks more comfortable in Vaughn's system and the rookie Andrew Nicholson is just looking awesome. Tonight against the Spurs he had 18 points on 7/8 shooting. This is all without Maurice Harkless, Al Harrington, Arron Afflalo and Ish Smith too.

We obviously aren't contending, but I like the way the team looks. Solid players across the board with some young guys who have potential. I'm excited for the season and I can't wait for the season opener where I have nice lower bowl seats. :yep:

Hmm okay I sort of take back what I said earlier.

I think we'll do okay because we still have Rose (when he gets back), Gibson, Boozer (though damn inconsistent), Hamilton, Deng, Butler (last year's rook who is promising), and Noah. So we have a decent starting lineup but no depth at all (at least from what I can tell).

Decent regular season, will probably make playoffs, get nowhere again.

Guest Phailadelphia

Serge Ibaka was hitting 3s last night...