Omerta

Update - Ravens fined 20 K for not listing Ed Reed on the injury report

People are getting a little cavalier with this whole injury report thing. Whereas Bill Belichick had Tom Brady listed every week, these teams have simply left guys off.

The Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins were fined $20,000 apiece Friday. The Bills failed to list Mario Williams, who was receiving treatment on his wrist. The Redskins announced quarterback Robert Griffin III was "shaken up" and questionable to return against the Atlanta Falcons on Oct. 7. He should have been declared out with a concussion.

Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed recently admitted that he's been playing with a torn labrum. The NFL has launched an official inquiry because Reed has been missing from the Ravens' injury reports. Coach Jim Harbaugh on Friday explained that some 25 to 30 players each week have small injuries that they practice and play through.

"I don't know why it doesn't go on (the injury report)," Reed told the Baltimore Sun. "I'm sure a lot of guys have been through this league and had injuries and it's not reported. That's the physical part of the game and a part of the game that the fans and y'all don't (know) anything about. That's the part that we have to deal with from a workers' compensation situation, so to say. That's stuff that will be taken care of.

"I'm physically all right, but it is what it is on that."

It's hard to see a scenario in which the Ravens aren't fined, especially after Reed's admission and the punishment of the Bills and Redskins. Teams and players try to hide injuries. That's no surprise. They might have gotten away with it if Reed hadn't talked about it in the interview.

Per NFL.com

Edited by BayAreaBomber

God I wish this asshole would just shut the fuck up and become some other teams problem..... Hey Ed shut the fuck up for once, every time he opens his mouth it hurts his team. I cant stand his sorry ass.

Now goodell is going to fine us for this shit when in truth it is not like we have made people play through serious injuries.

God I fucking hate Ed Reed. Loud mouthed piece of shit.

Defensively, I'm trying to figure what your team would be for the last 10 years without him. He made a comment that may cost Balty a couple thousand dollars. Big deal.

Edited by Phins4life
  • Upvote 1

And I would gladly give him to either of you. And Phins we would have still been a top ten defense the last 10 years. This is not his first and guarantee it wont be the last of retarded word vomit to fall out of this idiots mouth.

if I were an NFL coach I would be seriously considering listing every one of my players on the injury report in protest

Edited by oochymp

Defensively, I'm trying to figure what your team would be for the last 10 years without him. He made a comment that may cost Balty a couple thousand dollars. Big deal.

I think Ngata's point here is that his comments hurt the team,not his game..This is not the first time he's done this kind of thing..

This comment might not hurt the amount of cash Balty has but it will hurt team chemistry..His comments usually do..

Ed Reed is giving up about 50% completion into his coverage... for 150 total yards... has 2 INTs and 5 PDEF. QBs also have a passer rating of UNDER 40 against him. And let's not forget that he is battling an injury.

Lmao at wanting one of the only good players left on your defense to be sent packing.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

if I were an NFL coach I would be seriously considering listing every one of my players on the injury report in protest

Protest of what? That the NFL wants to have accurate reporting of its product and make it better for fans? Why is it so tough for teams to just put a player on the injury report and write probable?

Protest of what? That the NFL wants to have accurate reporting of its product and make it better for fans? Why is it so tough for teams to just put a player on the injury report and write probable?

Why does it matter. If a player is probable, he is like 99% going to play. The only tags I care about are questionable and doubtful and out. Questionable could go either way, though it seems that lately it leans more towards a player is going to play. Doubtful means he probably won't, and out means he definitely won't.

I don't think that listing - Joe Schmoe - Full Participant, sore toe - Probable, really effects anything.

I think that if you go - Joe Schmoe - Limited Participant, sore toe - Questionable, then you could be like, oh man his toe is really a hinderance.

What about - Joe Schmoe - No Participation, Violent Diarrhea - Probable, maybe but he is still likely to play.

Give him to the Jets. They love the drama.

Please do give him to us.

Protest of demands of knowing exactly what's going on with every player, as long as it doesn't appear to be a major risk to his health why does everyone need to know everyone's status? There's also a competitive advantage issue, say you have an olineman with a minor issue with one of his knees, nothing that really limits his range of motion or substantially effects his performance, but something that he's getting treatment for after practice every day. If a team is forced to disclose that then they're putting a target on that player's knee, dlinemen will go after it, and if I'm the coach I'm going to want to do anything I can to prevent that from happening. If he's been a full participant in practice and I know he's going to play, why should I be forced to list him on the injury report as having a knee issue?

I also have an issue with the fact that it's just the NFL working for appearances (this is more getting back to the fine the Redskins got) I don't care whether or not the team reports an injury to the public as long as they're doing everything internally to handle it in the best interests of the player's health and safety. Simply adding someone to the injury report does nothing to actually help player health and safety, it's just the NFL's way of acting like they care.

Ed Reed is giving up about 50% completion into his coverage... for 150 total yards... has 2 INTs and 5 PDEF. QBs also have a passer rating of UNDER 40 against him. And let's not forget that he is battling an injury.

Lmao at wanting one of the only good players left on your defense to be sent packing.

Laugh all you want but I have said for 2 seasons now he needs to hit the bricks. Especially when he trys to take us to the cleaners next year for a new contract. But like idiots we will cave and then sign him and then not even 2 days later have ot listen to him talk about if he is not sure if he is retiring or not.

I'm with this guy. Yes, we know that Reed likes to stir the pot. So what? Any haters stop complaining when he gets a pick six. Whatever fine their is will not be a big deal. We're hardly the only team who has injuries unreported. Even if they make an example of us, the organization has money to spend on it.

I'm with this guy. Yes, we know that Reed likes to stir the pot. So what? Any haters stop complaining when he gets a pick six. Whatever fine their is will not be a big deal. We're hardly the only team who has injuries unreported. Even if they make an example of us, the organization has money to spend on it.

Because that makes Ed Reed always running his mouth better ? Fuck that. The dude is still an asshole and a piece of dog shit. I would rather see his average of 4 picks a year now go to some other team to be the disruptive fucktard than on my team where it seems everybody is a good teammate and not always whining about how the game is so physical and he wants more money to come back. Fuck this guy. If he is in a ravens uniform next year I am going to be irate. Just let the fucking idiot go..... Man I hate the dick riders for this cocksucker.

Because that makes Ed Reed always running his mouth better ? Fuck that. The dude is still an asshole and a piece of dog shit. I would rather see his average of 4 picks a year now go to some other team to be the disruptive fucktard than on my team where it seems everybody is a good teammate and not always whining about how the game is so physical and he wants more money to come back. Fuck this guy. If he is in a ravens uniform next year I am going to be irate. Just let the fucking idiot go..... Man I hate the dick riders for this cocksucker.

Pretty sure no one inside the Ravens organization feels this way about him. He'll be back lol

Pretty sure no one inside the Ravens organization feels this way about him. He'll be back lol

Being honest I am the only person I know who does not like ed reed.