housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Please string some wins together Lakers.

Lakers are better off tanking. :coffee:

My boy. :(

This was really a great period for him and it sucks to see him end the season like this,just when he got the starting role. Our rebounding is going to be pure shit now that he's out(not that it was any good before,lol).

So far this season Hedo Turkoglu is averaging 3.3 ppg on 27.1% shooting from the field and 4.3% from three.

tumblr_mbv085fkAq1rioycbo1_500.gif

btw, Lexi Belle as a Clown girl... hmm

Lakers are better off tanking. :coffee:

Not really since they don't have their first round pick.

Kyrie Irving is a top 5 player in the NBA. Yeah I said it.

Just told my friend the other day in at least three years he will be considered the best player in the NBA or at least Top 3.

Guest Phailadelphia

Kyrie Irving is a top 5 player in the NBA. Yeah I said it.

No he isn't. He's phenomenal, but top 5 players play both sides of the ball. Kyrie plays some of the worst PG defense in the league.

No he isn't. He's phenomenal, but top 5 players play both sides of the ball. Kyrie plays some of the worst PG defense in the league.

Nope, it's all about scoring. Unless you're KD, then you have to average a quadruple double.

Not really since they don't have their first round pick.

Its lottery protected, so yes they would.

• Upvote 1

I thought the Suns got their pick if it fell in the lottery.

I thought the Suns got their pick if it fell in the lottery.

Cavs have the right to swap first rounders with Lakers (their own, the Heats and the Kings). If Lakers 2013 first rounder is in lottery, pick is extinguished.

Cavs have the right to swap first rounders with Lakers (their own, the Heats and the Kings). If Lakers 2013 first rounder is in lottery, pick is extinguished.

Right, but that's just the Cavs trade. Lakers sent that pick to Phoenix for Nash if it falls in the lottery or if it doesn't, whatever pick the Lakers end up with after swapping.

Love seeing Westbrook look like the piece of shit he is.

You gon' get flamed by Phail. :yep:

Guest Phailadelphia

You gon' get flamed by Phail. :yep:

Haha, nah I don't care. Most Lakers fans hate Westbrook but they wouldn't be able to contain their orgasms if he was a Lakers player. Haters gonna hate.

I will continue to hate on Westbrook, for good reason, too. He has lost whatever respect I had for him this year. Durant is fantastic, Ibaka is a good player, Martin is a good player... but man, Westbrook is just a tornado out there.

Makes me appreciate Tony that much more.

Edited by The Admiral

Guest Phailadelphia

You have to embrace the tornado that is Westbrook. It's what makes him as good as he is, it's what made Kobe as good as he was.

FWIW he's having a career year despite his woeful shooting percentages. Right now is probably the worst time to knock the guy for his play.

Shooting percentage is kind of important though. I think his stats from last year and the year before are better, personally.

Guest Phailadelphia

He's scoring at the same clip but with more assists, more rebounds, less turnovers. What about previous years stats are better?

The shooting percentage, which I put a lot of stock in. He's just not scoring as efficiently as years past. He is making up for it in other areas though as you said but shooting % is one of the most important things for me in a player.

• Upvote 1

Westbrook and Kobe are two completely different tornadoes.

Westbrook is shooting 41%, sponsored by many games where he has absolutely embarrassing stat lines as he refuses to hand the ball off to the best pure scorer I have ever seen in Durant. His assist are up because Harden isn't there to take the ball out of his hands as much. Martin is averaging just over an assist per game while harden had 3+ per game with the Thunder last year.

Not to mention he is 4th in the league in turnovers. He pouts and screams and whines on the court way more than he did last year. Flailing his arms after missed free throws, throwing a temper tantrum when they're up 20 against Memphis and then being completely unprofessional in the post game interview as his tears fogged up his glasses.

Westbrook has the potential to be a great player, but through not improving whatsoever with his maturity, it makes me question whether or not he will be able to achieve it. He hasn't gotten better this year, he has just gotten more opportunities.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

He hasn't gotten better this year, he has just gotten more opportunities.

Yeah, you definitely haven't watched many OKC games. That's the most asinine assessment I've heard of Westbrook this year even through some very in-depth scouting reports.

Yeah, you definitely haven't watched many OKC games. That's the most asinine assessment I've heard of Westbrook this year even through some very in-depth scouting reports.

Let's be fair. He raised a serious point about Westbrook's maturity and lack of willingness to defer to KD most of the time. Not to mention Martin, who is as good of a scorer as Westbrook is and a better free throw and three point shooter. Westbrook is a better overall player, but when Durant, Martin, and Westbrook are all on the court, the shots should be deferred down the line in that exact order that I have their names.

• Upvote 1