housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

I really hope we don't trade Pierce and KG. I doubt we will, but I'm still nervous about it. They need to retire as Celtics.

• Upvote 1

Raptors are about to lose another close game.

The Morris twins imposed their will together at Kansas. Now their identical twin act has been reunited at the NBA level.

The Houston Rockets traded Marcus Morris to the Phoenix Suns for a second-round pick, according to a person familiar with the deal. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the trade hasn't been made public.

USA Today

No idea how Houston won tonight while starting Carlos Delfino. LOL.

Well, OKC was starting Hasheem Thabeet.

• Upvote 1

I'll jizz my panties if the Thunder do trade Perkins for Gortat. If he really wasn't playing tonight because of injury and they don't get the deal done...fuck that.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Rockets are STILL pursuing Dwight Howard.

Guest Phailadelphia

Houston in "high level talks" with Atlanta on acquiring Josh Smith.

Not a bad trade (anything to get rid of that Perkins contract) but lol at Lamb replacing Harden long term.

And Dmac, I see Kim English got some playing time and played pretty well. Do you think he's gonna start getting more minutes?

I doubt it. Unfortunately with inserting Calderon into the starting lineup and moving BK to the 2, with Rodney still eating up minutes, English only gets minutes now when BK is hurt like he is right now.

Anyway, us needing Drummond is more apparent now more then ever. With the no defense given by Calderon and Singler, Monroe is being asked to be a rim protector, and has been getting embarrassed on defense. For a guy who's supposed to be a defensive minded head coach, Frank doesn't seem to care too much about that side of the ball.

Houston in "high level talks" with Atlanta on acquiring Josh Smith.

Yeah, but trading Asik and Parsons for Smith downgrades Houston's roster to Harden and Smith + Scrubs, and until Jeremy Lin plays well on a consistent basis, he's really nothing more than a scrub. Now and then, he'll ball like last night, but that's not often enough to justify the weak sauce he brings a lot of the time.

Knicks send guard Ronnie Brewer to Thunder for 2nd round pick, source tells Y! Sports

Orlando sends JJ, Gustavo Ayon, & Ish Smith to Milwaukee for Tobias Harris, Beno Udrih, & Doron Lamb

Boston sends Leandro Barbosa and Jason Collins to Washington for Jordan Crawford

The Trailblazers get Eric Maynor from OKC for a trade exception of $2.2 million

The Suns send Sebastian Telfair to Toronto for Hamed Haddadi and a 2nd Round Pick.

The Mavericks get Anthony Morrow from Atlanta for Dahntay Jones.

The Thunder send a 2nd round pick to the Knicks for Ronnie Brewer.

The Magic send Josh McRoberts to the Bobcats for Hakim Warrick.

Grizzlies get Dexter Pittman and a 2nd round pick from Miami for the rights to Ricky Sanchez.

Bravo to the Knicks for getting someone to actually give something up for Ronnie Fucking Brewer.

JJ on the Bucks should be fun.

Kinda upset we didn't move Gortat or Dudley. Nice players, but we have a lot of work to do and don't think either guy is in our long term plans. Very disappointing.

I do like getting Marcus Morris to pair and develop with his brother.. But I thought we needed to make some moves.. :think:

Hard for many teams to make big deals with the luxury tax looming...I didn't expect much to happen. But I am surprised that Josh Smith stayed in Atlanta. Ultimately, he's going to be looking for a 5 year max contract....and he's not worth it outside of Atlanta.

Great athlete, but offensively speaking, he's a poor jumpshooter even though he's slightly improved. Put in the right system and he'll thrive...but it'll be interesting to see what happens with him.

Not looking forward to seeing Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis, JJ Redick, and Ilyasova on a regular basis. They're already enough of a pain :p

I actually think Milwaukee is a bad landing spot for JJ. Maybe if they traded Ellis for Smith, but playing behind two chucking guards? Ehhhh

Also, good riddance to Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith. The two worst players on our trash team not named Hedo lol. Ayon and McRoberts being gone opens up minutes for Kyle O'Quinn, assuming we don't try and play Warrick at center lol.

So for the rest of the year...

C-Vucevic/O'Quinn

PF-Nicholson/Warrick (Maybe Al Harrington at some point, but I doubt it)

SF-Harkless/Harris

SG-Afflalo/Moore

PG-Nelson/Udrih

#1 pick here we come. :yep:

Guest Phailadelphia

You're scared of Monta Ellis? Haha.

Guest Phailadelphia

I actually like the Ronnie Brewer pickup a lot. Gives the Thunder another great defender to throw at players with Thabo and cost them a measly 2nd-rd pick.

Celtics traded Jason Collins and now the only big men on the roster are Chris Wilcox, Bass, and KG. Ummm..WTF?