housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

He's stopped going to practice. I don't know what they can do. He clearly has mental issues and isn't ready for the NBA.

You say mental issues in a very derogatory fashion. Would you go up to somebody with real problems and tell them to their face "You have mental issues"?!!? That's fucked.

Rockets knew he had anxiety issues before they drafted him. If they weren't prepared to actually help him, don't select him. He doesn't like the therapist that the Rockets picked out for him, and they aren't living up to the travel plan that THEY agreed to.

I wouldn't go either if you didn't feel welcomed.

Thankfully, The Globetrotters have extended an offer to him.

His mental health > his NBA career.

I fucking hate my team can't finish a game against anybody who doesn't suck, for fuck's sake this is getting obnoxious. Portland is going to be lucky to land a playoff seed and yet we can't beat them one of two times early on? FUCK.

You say mental issues in a very derogatory fashion. Would you go up to somebody with real problems and tell them to their face "You have mental issues"?!!? That's fucked.

Rockets knew he had anxiety issues before they drafted him. If they weren't prepared to actually help him, don't select him. He doesn't like the therapist that the Rockets picked out for him, and they aren't living up to the travel plan that THEY agreed to.

I wouldn't go either if you didn't feel welcomed.

Thankfully, The Globetrotters have extended an offer to him.

His mental health > his NBA career.

No, I mean he literally has mental issues. Thats what his problems are.

And I don't know what exactly the issue with the therapist is. It does seem weird that they insist on one specific person when its his issues. It just seems like theres something missing to this whole story.

No, I mean he literally has mental issues. Thats what his problems are.

And I don't know what exactly the issue with the therapist is. It does seem weird that they insist on one specific person when its his issues. It just seems like theres something missing to this whole story.

I know.. that's why I have a problem with it. If he DIDNT actually have problems, say whatever you like. I dunno, my grandmother ran a grouphome (for people with "mental issues") and I really can't fathom her going up to one of them and saying that. Just seems really rude, but then again, that is just how I grew up.. Maybe that's kosher for everyone else, I dunno.

Anyway, not the point. Like I said, everyone knew that White was going to face anxiety and a fear of flying... They want to fine him for not going to sessions with a therapist he doesn't like? Ya, that is going to help him. Just not the way to solve the problem, IMO.

After the 20-assist game,Rajon Rondo has 13.4 assists/game :blink:

After the 20-assist game,Rajon Rondo has 13.4 assists/game :blink:

^ Sullinger :rock:

Royce White will meet with Rockets GM Daryl Morey on Monday, and he's vowed to leave the NBA if no mutual agreement is reached.

"I have a son," said White. "I have a family. I have a daughter. The importance of having a father is paramount ... It's not about the Rockets being blamed. The Rockets have tried to support me, but knowing how to support, is just as important as trying." He left the door open to playing in the D-League, but added, "You also have to think about what the D-League offers from a health standpoint." He is dealing with anxiety issues and obsessive-compulsive disorder, and the stress of joining the Rockets has already caused him migraines. We'll see what happens on Monday.

Source: MyFOXHouston.com

The Sixers fear that Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

The news keeps getting worse for the Sixers, whose theoretical franchise center has yet to play a game in their uniform. Bynum admitted to reporters that he recently suffered a "setback" and had "weakened cartilage" in both of his knees, so presumably the Sixers have linked that setback to his bowling. It's weird, it's disappointing, and the story is still developing, so check back soon for an update.

Source: Brian Windhorst on Twitter

Well, I think the D-league would be better for him. I bet they take a bus to all their games.

Guest Phailadelphia

KD got his first triple-double tonight. 25 points, 13 rebounds, and a career high 10 assists.

KD got his first triple-double tonight. 25 points, 13 rebounds, and a career high 10 assists.

I was just coming to post that. I only saw the second quarter because I wasn't home in time for the first and then the Steelers were on after the half. Sucks.

Per FanNation.com:

08:06 AM ET 11.19 | Sixers center Andrew Bynum, already on the sidelines, has found an unnecessary way to land himself in the headlines, too, on Sunday confirming reports his left knee began swelling after he went bowling on Nov. 10. ... A prominent, highly respected orthopedic surgeon who is not involved in Bynum's treatment and has not seen his MRIs, told The News Journal that Bynum has likely been diagnosed with osteochondral lesions. The condition may heal on its own, but will likely keep Bynum from practicing until March or April, at the earliest. If it doesn't heal, Bynum will require surgery that could sideline him for up to a year. He should find out if he needs surgery by as early as December, the surgeon said.

Courier-Post

Edited by BLUE

It sucks that the clear cut best centers in the league (Drew and Howard) have to battle through injuries like this. Dwight hasn't been the same since his back started to hurt him, and that's saying quite a bit because he is still amazing, lol. If Bynum could consistently get on the court, he could challenge Dwight for the top spot, IMO. Unfortunately, the dude has probably missed about as many games as he has played in his career so far. Unfortunate.

Fuck me, Irving is hurt. As if this team wasn't bad enough already. Hopefully we can win the lottery this year.

Good thing Yahoo said Bynum might play the first game so I drafted him injured.

I feel for you. I drafted Eric Gordon with my 3rd rounder. Motherfucker just cannot stay healthy.

I feel for you. I drafted Eric Gordon with my 3rd rounder. Motherfucker just cannot stay healthy.

Eh... I have a feeling Eric Gordon could play if he wanted to. lol

Well, obliterating his trade value won't get him out of New Orleans any faster.

In his 11-year journeyman career, Brooklyn Nets forward Reggie Evans has finally made history: He is the first NBA player to be fined for flopping.

Evans was fined $5,000 for his second flopping offense, a league source told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

Under the NBA's new policy, players get one warning for flopping before an escalation of fines for ensuing flops is instituted. The league office identified an instance of flopping on Evans in the Nets' loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night.

In the demonstration video shown to players in the preseason, Evans was what one league executive called, "the star."

A third violation of the flopping rule would cost Evans $10,000, a fourth $15,000 and a fifth $35,000. Beginning with a sixth violation, the NBA could suspend a player.

The Wizards have a chance!

NBA minds do you think the Bucks are for real?

Wizards were so close... Poor bastards

Edited by BayAreaBomber