Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Bucs lose Carl Nicks for season

http://espn.go.com/n...injured-reserve

TAMA, Fla. - The Buccaneers announced Tuesday afternoon that All-Pro guard Carl Nicks has been placed on injured reserve.

The team said Nicks will have surgery to repair a torn plantar plate in his left toe. The Bucs previously lost their other starting guard, Davin Joseph, to a season-ending injury in the preseason.

The Buccaneers gave Nicks a five-year, $47 million free-agent contract this offseason to lure him away from division rival New Orleans.

He has started all seven games with the Buccaneers and played in all 71 of his team's games since entering the league in 2008, including 68 consecutive starts.

Ted Larsen at first took Joseph's place in the starting lineup, before losing the job to Jamon Meredith. Larsen, backup tackle Jeremy Trueblood and backup center Cody Wallace would be the likely internal candidates to take Nicks' starting spot at left guard. The Bucs also elevated guard Roger Allen from the practice squad Tuesday.

The Bucs also have placed backup tight end Danny Noble (hamstring) on injured reserve.

Huge loss for us. Now, our starting OG's are Meredith and Larsen... :facepalm:

We can never stay healthy it seems.

Edited by GoodellFTL

It seems like every time we suddenly get strong in a particular area we end up with a bunch of injuries to it.

Dude, WTF. I didn't even know he had been hurt.

This blows.

Out with a toe injury? What a pussy ;)

Out with a toe injury? What a pussy ;)

Yeah, I once played a game in my front yard only three days after stubbing my toe on the wall. If I can do that, this little bitch can play through whatever he's got.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I once played a game in my front yard only three days after stubbing my toe on the wall. If I can do that, this little bitch can play through whatever he's got.

Yo man that's fuckin hardcore.

Wow..huge blow...just when things were starting to look up for the Bucs...

Completely different injuries here morons :rolleyes:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121022-cowboys-lb-sean-lee-on-crutches-because-of-sprained-right-big-toe.ece

It was also diagnosed as a sprained toe by the COACHES after the game. Only the Tuesday or Wednesday after was it re-evaluated. I'm sorry for believing that you should be able to play through a sprained toe. I'd hate to see what the fuck happens when a guy gets a bad hang nail in his big toe. Probably a career ender right there. I'll make sure I stay updated on injuries by the hour instead of hearing about it through updates during the week. ;) I will hold my opinion that todays football players are extremely soft compared to the past, hell even compared to a couple years ago.

As far as Nicks go, this is a huge loss but I doubt it slows down Doug Martin any.

Edited by Chris D

Carl Nicks is a tough guy, if he could play through this, he would.

I wasn't saying anything about him not playing through this. They were referring to the Sean Lee injury which was called a sprain for nearly two days before they got the results back.

Terrible loss. Hopefully this does not affect our offense.

Nicks is a top 5 Guard in the NFL and some say that he IS THE BEST Guard in football.

This will most definitely affect our offense...in every way...

Based off of what the media was able to see in today's practice, (only first 30-minutes allowed to be viewed by the media) apparently Zuttah was at LG and Larsen was at Center.

Terrible loss. Hopefully this does not affect our offense.

:yao:

Losing a top quality offensive lineman who is considered one of the best in the league? The drop off is huge between Nicks and the next runner up. Hopefully you guys can do better then we can after sustaining so many O-line injuries.. Besides week 14 ofcourse :troll:

Yea, losing Nicks is huge. We were running behind him a lot lately and it was working very effectively. This is going to hurt both our rushing and passing attacks.

I was hoping we would finally be done with Ted LARDsen, but now Nicks gets hurt so we're forced to use him.

We're replacing our All-Pro Guard with Ted fucking Larsen. Yea... that's gonna have a huge impact on the offense.