Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Aqib Talib traded to the Patriots

Yeah, GoodellFTL posted that on the first page earlier. The Pats gave away a 4th to get a 7th and Talib for 8 games. The Bucs win.

I think it would be more accurate to judge who won the deal after this season is over.

It is kind of surprising Talib lasted as long as he did with all the house cleaning Schiano has done since day one. I'll kind of miss him, but he wore out his welcome a while ago. He didn't help himself by getting anally tortured by Hakeem Nicks this year either.

I loled at Patriots fans thinking they could move him to safety. The guy can't tackle for shit, he would be terrible there. He is an OK player, but I was shocked we got anything for a guy who can't stay on the field for an entire season.

Surprised to see them get a 4th round pick. Glad to see we finally got him off the team. He's been way too much trouble than he's worth. Not only does he keep getting suspended but he's inconsistent and gets injured when he does play. I don't mind the team going a step down in talent at the position if it means we can move on and finally find someone with some consistency.

I always hear this, but the last two experiments by Belichek have failed- Albert Haynesworth and Chad Johnson. I don't really see him turning Talib around. Guy has always been a thug.

I echo what NBB said... much different cases with Haynesworth and Chad.

If it doesn't work out, so be it. I won't lose sleep over a 4th rounder. It's worth the risk when you have a dog shit secondary like the Pats have.

He's so much like Pacman Jones

This could be a huge trade for the Patriots. Talib has shown that he can cover some of the best guys in the league at times. The problem is that he just can't seem to stay out of trouble. We've seen though in the past that the Hoody has a way of knocking sense into guys like this and keeping them out of trouble. If that happens for Talib, he's going to be an awesome addition for the Patriots.

If it doesn't work out, so be it. I won't lose sleep over a 4th rounder. It's worth the risk when you have a dog shit secondary like the Pats have.

I agree with this. The Pats get a player that could boost their biggest weakness, and the Bucs get a mid-round pick for a player their head coach didn't like. Both sides win.

Win for both signs. First, we finally get rid of this headache and get a good draft pick for him. I was surprised when Schiano stuck with him this season but I knew after his last suspension that he was done in Tampa. Just glad we get decent compensation for him.

As for the Pats, they get a CB with an extremely high ceiling. Were talking a guy whos talented enough to be a top 5 CB in this league. Maybe he finally matures and the change of scenery is good for him. Worst case scenario, they cut him lose and move on. It's not like the Pats have ever been bad at loading up on draft picks anways.

The guy was taking Aderall. Big f'ing deal. I know it helps mentally, not so much physically, but honestly I think a lot more football players should probably be on Aderall. I love the stuff myself. I wrote several term papers and studied many finals weeks and only survived college on the heels of Aderall.

If the guy can play, the Patriots got a good deal. There probably aren't too many 4th round cornerbacks that can hang with Talib.

Edited by BenGone

The guy was taking Aderall. Big f'ing deal. I know it helps mentally, not so much physically, but honestly I think a lot more football players should probably be on Aderall. I love the stuff myself. I wrote several term papers and studied many finals weeks and only survived college on the heels of Aderall.

If the guy can play, the Patriots got a good deal. There probably aren't too many 4th round cornerbacks that can hang with Talib.

This guy *said* he was taking Aderall. Since the report is not allowed to say what the player was actually taking, Aderall has become the catch-all excuse for players to use when they fail a drug test.

Another great decision by the bucs recently. Love watching them so far this season. They look very capable so far, and are young, looks like a good time to be a Bucs fan.

I predict this will work out well for both teams and hopefully even Talib.

• Upvote 1

Even if it was Aderall, the problem is that isn't the only issue he's had over the years. He is still incredibly lucky to get away with the whole gun BS.