Sign in to follow this  
Conshy

5 Eagles you see as MUST keeps if they shake things up this offseason

I heard this on the radio this morning and thought it was interesting.

If they decide to shake up the roster this offseason, pick your top 5 guys who need to stay.

Obviously, Shady is going to be everybody's #1, so I guess this is more of a pick four besides Shady. <_<

Really, (to me) it's not about saving 5 players and getting rid of a ton it's about getting rid of the coaching staff and Mike Vick.

Vick can't be a QB anymore, and Andy Reid's offense doesn't fit the players he has and neither side is willing to bend to make it work.

I figured that last year was just a rough year getting everyone settled into a new city and a new system and predicted they do well this year but seeing them now it's just not gonna work if you ask me.

On offense they should get a new QB and OL and a new OC/HC and they'd be alright I think. I don't watch enough Eagles games to know the top 5 that need to stay but like I said I don't think your entire team needs to be second guessed.

Granted we don't win our next 7-8 games which I'm pretty sure everyone including myself don't see happening, the ppl that needs to go are, Andy Reid, Marty, Vick, Kurt HOLEMAN, and some ppl on our offensive line. Everyone else stays.

Trent Cole

Jeremy Maclin

LeSean McCoy

DeMeco Ryans

Jason Peters

Shady McCoy

DeMeco Ryans

Trent Cole

Jason Peters

Evan Mathis (Last Rat Standing)

Trent Cole

Jeremy Maclin

LeSean McCoy

DeMeco Ryans

Jason Peters

Maclin is a massvie under achiever and is always hurt. They can most certainly part ways with him.

Trent Cole

Jeremy Maclin

LeSean McCoy

DeMeco Ryans

Jason Peters

Jason Peters career could be over. The guy absolutely wrecked his ankle

my list if I'm excluding McCoy from the obvious. I'm also going to exclude guys like Fletcher Cox. I'm talking strictly veterans

Evan Mathis (Absolutely one of the best interior offensive linemen in the league. Really hope Peters can come back from those achillies ruptures but if not we need to get him some help on the left side)

Trent Cole (having a down year in terms of pass rush production, but he's a key guy to have in the lockerroom and he does a great job holding contain for us on the outside.)

DeMeco Ryans (Our best Linebacker, we need to keep him around to solidify his role as the leader of this defense. He's done a great job this year)

Jason Avant (a lot of people overlook Avant, not a super star, never will be but he's dependable and he's a great lockerroom presence)

Todd Herremans (solid offensive linemen who has versatility. It can't be understated how much value that versatility can bring to the table)

Chris Kuper recovered from the worst ankle injury I've ever seen, and his happened mid-season.

Peters will hopefully recover as well.

Outside of Rookies.

Everybody but Shady.

Now this is not to say they dont have talent, but I think they just need a fresh start and culture change. Take this rookie class that could very well be the best crop in the NFL and just start over and save some cap space.

Yeah I think the "Top 5 people to leave" would be a more appropriate topic. The Eagles have a ton of talent, they just consistently under-achieve. Their biggest problems are at QB, on the o-line and the fact that they're lead by Andy Reid.

Reid

Morniwheg

Vick

Maclin

Coleman

If any of those 5 are still around, the Eagles don't really want to be a better football team.