Vin

Vikes @ Packers

Coming off their most lopsided loss in almost five years, the Green Bay Packers are humbled but not shaken.

The Packers can get back on track with a fifth consecutive victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday at Lambeau Field.

Green Bay's five-game winning streak ended in ugly fashion last week with a 38-10 road loss to the New York Giants. It was the Packers' worst defeat since a 35-7 loss at Chicago on Dec. 23, 2007.

"Maybe it's a good reminder of what happens when you don't come to play," defensive tackle Ryan Pickett said. 'We're going to take this as a positive. This will be motivation for us the rest of the year."

Though Green Bay (7-4) dropped one game behind the NFC North-leading Bears, it still holds the first wild-card spot. Four of the Packers' final five games are against division opponents, with a showdown in Chicago on Dec. 16.

"Everything we want to accomplish is still in front of us and that'll be our focus," coach Mike McCarthy said. "I believe in what we're about as a football team."

McCarthy, however, also knows his team must improve after the prime-time debacle.

Aaron Rodgers was 14 of 25 for 219 yards with a touchdown, interception and a lost fumble. The Packers couldn't protect him as he was sacked five times.

Green Bay yielded 147 rushing yards and allowed Eli Manning to throw three TDs while giving up its highest point total of the season.

"You win five in a row and everyone is happy, but like I said last year, there are things that go under the radar that need to be handled," Rodgers said. "Sometimes it takes a loss. ... We need to remember this feeling and not have this kind of embarrassment happen again."

Green Bay ranks 13th in the NFL with 24.8 points per game after leading the league at 35.0 last season. The offense, though, could get a boost with the expected return of Pro Bowl receiver Greg Jennings, who has missed the last seven games with an abdominal injury.

It's uncertain if linebacker Clay Matthews will be back after sitting out the past two contests with a hamstring injury, and run stopper C.J. Wilson called himself a "long shot" to play after suffering a knee injury. That may especially hurt with Adrian Peterson, the NFL's leading rusher, coming to town.

"It's a horrible feeling knowing I won't be able to play Sunday and help the team with my defense, to stop this beast," Wilson said.

Regardless of who is on the field, the Packers appear to have a good chance to bounce back as they seek a fifth straight home victory. Green Bay has won two in a row and five of six at home versus Minnesota (6-5), which fell 45-7 at Lambeau last Nov. 14.

Rodgers has completed 72.0 percent of his passes for 1,181 yards with 13 TDs and two INTs during the Packers' four-game winning streak in the series.

Set to face a second straight division opponent that's coming off a lopsided loss, Minnesota had two weeks to prepare for a Bears team that fell 32-7 to San Francisco on Nov. 19. The Vikings, though, didn't put up much of a fight in a 28-10 defeat at Soldier Field last Sunday.

Minnesota dropped numerous passes, committed two turnovers that led to touchdowns and allowed the Bears to convert on 11 of 19 third-down chances.

"I was (surprised)," said Peterson, who recorded his fifth straight 100-yard rushing game with 108 on 18 carries. "We had a great week of practice. We just came out and couldn't get anything going. We've just got to shake it off and move forward."

Though the Vikings are tied with Seattle and Tampa Bay for the final NFC wild-card spot, they've lost to each team and would need to finish with a better record than both to make the playoffs.

Averaging 147.4 yards and 7.4 per carry in the last five games, Peterson hopes for a better performance after he was held to 51 yards and a TD on 14 carries at Green Bay last season.

Not helping matters, the Vikings seem like they'll again be without Percy Harvin, who is listed as doubtful. Harvin, who ranks among the NFL leaders with 62 receptions despite missing the last two games with an ankle injury, did some drills on Friday but did not participate in practice again.

Copyright 2012 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press.

Minnesota's passing offense is just not the same without Percy Harvin's YAC. Way too conservative to win.

:Packers: 38

:Vikings: 17

This was one of those where I was looking forward to seeing if Minnesota could truly contend with Green Bay. Now, not so much.

I think the Packers win this one easily. They came out flat last week against the Giants so I think they'll come out strong this week at home against a division rival. Plus, the game is in Green Bay. The Vikings are a lot better at home than they are on the road.

Bill Musgrave better call a decent game this week or the Vikings are fucked.

Jared Allen is going to eat out Marshall Newhouses anal orifice like Andy Reid mows down at the all you can eat buffet. We need to RUN the ball. We need to protect Aaron. We need to STOP the run. Greg Jennings is back, and even if he has a big game or not, his presence really doesn't make a difference to me.

We will learn a lot about the Packers from this game. I hope I am not sick afterwards.

Packers - 34

Vikings - 10

Isnt Greg Jennings back? How's he looking? I have him in fantasy and not sur whether to start him or Malcom Floyd or at the flex spot over Reggie Bush. My other receiver is Calvin Johnson.

Not saying it's going to happen because I already stated I think the Packers will win, but if the Vikings were able to pull off the upset here, this would make the NFC wild card picture even more interesting.

Another reason we need to win... lol. With a loss, it makes the division and even our wildcard chances a lot less likely. After this one, with 4 of our last 5 against division opponents we really can only afford to lose one... And I would rather that loss come against the awful Titans than one of the division opponents.

Percy Harvin (ankle) has been downgraded to out for Week 13 versus the Packers.

Harvin put in a limited practice on Wednesday but was noticeably uncomfortable coming out of his breaks. He didn't even suit up for Thursday or Friday's sessions. Harvin will give it another try next week. Jarius Wright will again start in the slot with Jerome Simpson and Michael Jenkins on the outside. Wright is a sneaky WR4 this week.

Greg Jennings (groin) is active for Week 13, as expected.

It will be Jennings' first game since Week 4. His snaps are expected to be limited, determined by the "flow of the game." Our advice is to give him a week to prove he's reliable before using him in fantasy lineups.

Packers inactives: DB Charles Woodson, RB Johnny White, CB Sam Shields, LB Clay Matthews, LB Terrell Manning, WR Donald Driver, and DE C.J. Wilson.

Vikings declared WR Percy Harvin, QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson, CB Brandon Burton, LB Audie Cole, OG Mark Asper, TE Allen Reisner, and DE D’Aundre Reed inactive for Week 13.

The Vikes average just 5.1 yards per pass attempt without Harvin this year compared to 6.7 yards per when he's on the field. Jarius Wright will continue to pick up snaps in his place, though he's no more than a flex option in fantasy.

Driver inactive... Makes me so sad. :(

Great catch by James Jones though... then Ponder's first pass is nearly picked off but Randolph made a nice play to break it up.

James Jones scored his second TD of the game but it was nullified because of non-existing holding by TJ Lang.

Running Kuhn on 3rd and short is the most predictable thing ever... It was successful like 2 years ago. Not anymore.

If the Vikings can win this game, Adrian Peterson should absolutely be the MVP frontrunner, fuck that Peyton manning guy, Peterson is carrying his team.

Packers start the game with everyone tight on the line, have a lot of quick plays, designed short routes, etc etc. We move down the field with ease. Score twice.

After that. McCarthy elects to spread em out, and leave Aaron on an island just like he did last week.

WHY DO YOU CHANGE SOMETHING THAT IS WORKING (enter Alex Smith joke). I just don't understand the logic... I like Mike. But he is screwing us with his stubbornness to get the big play and go 4 or 5 WRs on every down and distance.

Sometimes I wonder if he just has trouble comprehending the most basic of football knowledge.

AP rushed for 48 yards but Ponder simply couldn't use that. Interception by Morgan Burnett in the end zone.