Dutch

5 ways to enjoy the play offs if your team sucks

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/12/04/top-5-ways-to-enjoy-the-nfl-playoffs-if-your-team-stinks/

So your team’s season is over. Maybe they haven’t been officially eliminated from the playoffs just yet, but you know the truth. They’re done. All hope is lost. To make matters worse, we’ve probably already stuck a fork in them. Whether you’re bitter that your team didn’t live up to its potential (Eagles, Chargers) or you saw this coming back in August (Chiefs, Raiders), here is a list of ways for you to make the most of what’s left of the NFL season, even with your team on its way out.

————————————————————————————————————————————–

5) Become a fan of the rival team of your best friend

(Jim Prisching/Associated Press)

Say your friend is a Chicago Bears fan. Rather than wasting your time, attention, or effort rooting for your team, devote yourself to rooting for the Green Bay Packers. Have a Baltimore Ravens fan in the family? You just became the #1 fan of Charlie Batch and the Pittsburgh Steelers. You’ll find much more satisfaction reviling in your friend’s discomfort and disdain for your new obsession, rather than toiling over whether or not your team will draft Jarvis Jones or Manti Te’o.

4) Prepare for the NFL Draft

(Jason DeCrow/Associated Press)

Speaking of Jones and Te’o, you could also turn your full attention to the 2013 NFL Draft. Utilize our handy Draft Tracker to study up on the top prospects. Plant your flag in someone for your team to take in the first round. Find some late round sleepers so you can impress your friends with your robust knowledge. And then ridicule and mock them when their team makes a questionable pick come April. Just don’t overdo it. The last thing you want is your friends thinking you have too much time on your hands, or they may start inviting you to join their questionable hobbies.

3) Start your New Year’s Resolution early

(Tom Uhlman/Associated Press)

Like everyone else in America, come January 2nd you’ll be driven to exercise more, eat healthier, quit smoking, or follow some other pipe dream you’ll ultimately give up before St. Patrick’s Day. So take the extra month to get ahead of the curve. Start working out before the gyms get packed with over-zealous couch potatoes. Start testing out healthier recipes so you don’t accidentally serve your friends the equivalent of vegan poison. This way, when you throw in the towel with everyone else in the spring (and you will, be honest), you’ll at least be farther along in your goal than anyone else, and can thus gloat all the way up until the start of the next NFL season… when your team will hopefully be better.

2) Buy Madden 2013 and live vicariously through your virtual team

(Electronic Arts)

If your team’s performance has you so embittered with the NFL that you can’t stomach to watch another snap (and we hope this isn’t the case), get your hands on a copy of Madden 2013 and play as your favorite team. You’re guaranteed to make the playoffs, because unlike in real life you can start a game over if you throw an interception in the first quarter. Boy, does Mark Sanchez wish this were true for actual NFL games.

1) Quit crying and enjoy some football

(Patrick Semansky/Associated Press)

Big deal, your team didn’t make the playoffs. This is the NFL people. An average of 5 to 6 teams that make the playoffs this year will not make the playoffs next year, except the Patriots. That means there’s a relatively good chance your team could be one of those new teams to sneak in. So put aside the tissues, call up some friends, and watch some football. It’s the right thing to do.

Think 4 and 1 are viable options for me. With that being said, it still sucks being on the other side of the play offs :shifty:

What do other fans do who have horrible teams and expect their team to miss the play offs year in and year out (Browns, Raiders, Chiefs)? The Eagles seem to be in a position to be in that boat pretty soon.

Edited by dutchff7

I usually like to root AGAINST teams like NE, Denver, The Giants, but I'll be preparing for the draft this year too.

1,4,and 5 are my go tos. If it ever happens, I'll need some tips on how to watch your team in the playoffs.

I just root for the other teams I like in the playoffs and the teams who are going up against division rivals.

1 and 4 are my things. :yep:

Since we are not even close to legit SB contenders I have two more.

6.) Wait for CC to be fired.

7.) Ed Reed watch. Will he retire or wont he. Is he too hurt ? Is he healthy? Ohhh the drama, Ohhhh the humanity.

Other than that 4,2,1. Huge Draft fan. Madden 2013 sucks so I play 2012.

I just pick a team I think is cool and hop on their bandwagon. No, if they went all the way I wouldn't be all like "WOOO YEAH BABY I'VE BEEN A FAN OF THIS TEAM FOREVER!" and no I wouldn't go around and buy merch and whatnot.

I follow the draft regardless. Also I would root for any franchise in the playoffs that hasn't already won a Super Bowl.

If the Texans don't make it to New Orleans, I'll probably be pulling for the Seahawks or Falcons. Bengals too if they're able to sneak in.

I'll be on the Broncos bandwagon. If they can't do it, then go Patriots. :ninja:

Above all, though, I just love watching playoff football regardless.

• Upvote 1

I'll be on the Broncos bandwagon. If they can't do it, then go Patriots. :ninja:

Above all, though, I just love watching playoff football regardless.

Basically this for me.

I'm rooting for the Broncos as well. If they fall, I want the Patriots to win it.

What I would LOVE to see though is Broncos vs Patriots in the AFCCG. That would be an INSTANT CLASSIC. Brady vs Peyton on his new team for a superbowl appearance would be awesome. Peyton coming back after sitting out a season because of an injury winning a superbowl in his 1st year with a new team would be fucking awesome. A great story and a great addition to football history. Plus I want Peyton to get a 2nd ring (catch up to Eli) and for Champ to get a ring as well.

As long as the Pats dont win if Baltimore isnt in it I dont give a shit who wins, just hope for some good games.

I'll be pulling for Houston and San Fran if the Pats get bounced early from the postseason. :yep:

I'll be pulling for Houston and San Fran if the Pats get bounced early from the postseason. :yep:

Same here, actually. If the Pack make an early exit.

2) Buy Madden 2013 and live vicariously through your virtual team

(Electronic Arts)

If your team’s performance has you so embittered with the NFL that you can’t stomach to watch another snap (and we hope this isn’t the case), get your hands on a copy of Madden 2013 and play as your favorite team. You’re guaranteed to make the playoffs, because unlike in real life you can start a game over if you throw an interception in the first quarter. Boy, does Mark Sanchez wish this were true for actual NFL games.

Story of my life.

• Upvote 1

Story of my life.

I'm guilty of it too... Boosted Foles to an 80 over all rating, released Vick and was ready to go. :yep: Nnamdi is the man again in this part of town...

:shifty:

Edited by dutchff7