housemd

Patrick Peterson wants Megatron one-on-one as much as he can

Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson says he wants Calvin Johnson "one-on-one as much as I can" Sunday.

The Cardinals have used Peterson as a shadow corner for much of the season. "I just think going against him each and every play is definitely going to get me notoriety as being one of the best corners in the game," he said, "especially if I do what I need to do Sunday." The Cards figure to give Peterson more help than usual over the top, but his bravado should be music to the ears of Megatron owners. Johnson eats one-on-one coverage for breakfast, no matter who is covering him.

I love his confidence and he is a very talented corner but no DB can handle Megatron one-on-one. :nope:

If Crabtree can completely dominate PP then by all means let the man get his wish.

I think you guys may be selling Mr.Peterson a little short. This kid is as physically gifted as anyone. His only downfall is his height being 4 inches shorter than Megatron. This kids is going to be great he just needs another year or two under Horton and he is going to be in the conversation of shutdown. Any measurable CJ has PP has but height.

That said one on one is bold but very risky. He is not there yet, but he is very good. I think they can allow him M2M on Megatron sometimes but I would not make a habit of it.

It is alos worth noting that he gets to go against Fitz every week so it is not like he has no idea how to deal with big physical receivers.

I love his confidence and he is a very talented corner but no DB can handle Megatron one-on-one. :nope:

Nnamdi did for 3 quarters until defensive assignments changed. I'm curious to see what Patrick Peterson can do.

Nnamdi did for 3 quarters until defensive assignments changed. I'm curious to see what Patrick Peterson can do.

Nnamdi still had help over the top. Of course he's one on one at times but it really doesn't happen very often.

Yeah going completely 1-on-1 against Megatron = TD time. Even the best CBs have had safety help over the top, when they've been matched up against him.