Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

United States Sending 20 F-16 Aircrafts to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood

Despite instability due to the new Islamic government in Egypt, the US is sending more than 20 F-16 fighter jets to Egypt as part of a $1 billion foreign aid package.

The first four Lockheed Martin F-16 fighter jets are set to arrive in Egypt on Jan. 22, an unnamed source told Fox News. Although Egypt already has more than 200 such planes and the latest delivery fulfills an order placed two years ago when former President Hosni Mubarak was still in power, the protests and widespread instability in Egypt have caused some to wonder if providing jets at this time is a bad idea.

The new Islamic president, Mohammed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood, has recently made political moves that have fueled anger and criticism both in the West and among secular Egyptians. Mass demonstrations are currently taking place in Cairo and several other Egyptian cities against Morsi’s decision to hold a referendum on a pro-Islamist constitution.

The $213 million order, paid for by US taxpayers, will provide the Egyptian air force with newer and improved resources. Its fleet of current fighter jets are older versions of the F-16s.

http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-fighter-jets-egypt-856/

This is the same government that won the Egyptian election based on an Anti-America platform. lmao

Edited by Favre4Ever

Mr. President needs to cancel this shit like right now. It does not do much for his public image.

Why are we giving anyone *any* foreign aid at the time of economic instability that we have at the moment, much less 215 million dollars by way of F-16s to Egypt of all places. This is ridiculous. The American government needs to stop spending its money "helping" other nations, and focus on ourselves until we fix this ballooning national debt. Cut all foreign aid, and then do a case-by-case evaluation of which countries actually need stuff like food that we could supply. Does Egypt really need 20 new F-16s? To the point where we should pay for it? If they really need it, let them pay for it. This is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

*pukes*

Fuck Egypt, especially their new president and the Muslim Brotherhood. If it was feasible at all, I'd suggest blowing up any reserves of US equipment they have and then cutting off their aid. However, we can't do that and if we just cut off aid there's a sure chance that they send our tech the way of Russia and China. I'm sorry, but I really don't want China getting their hands on M1A2s and AH-64Ds.

Seriously, though, cut this shit now and/or just let Israel invade them. I'm usually not in favor of letting Israel warmonger like crazy, but I'll let a little radical in me show when I say that we should let Israel burn the Muslim Brotherhood to the ground.

/rant

Israel needs to fucking grow a pair and hatefuck the shit out of Gaza. Do or Die, bitches. Seriously, these people will never know peace in the Middle East. War is in their blood. For decades and decades and decades they've been fighting senseless battles and wars to the average American.

We can tell them 'No you can't do that' but they don't give a shit. If there's a reason for them to go to war, they'll do it in an instant.

Let them kill each other, and keep our American troops out of it. It will never end.

• Upvote 2

Israel needs to fucking grow a pair and hatefuck the shit out of Gaza. Do or Die, bitches. Seriously, these people will never know peace in the Middle East. War is in their blood. For decades and decades and decades they've been fighting senseless battles and wars to the average American.

We can tell them 'No you can't do that' but they don't give a shit. If there's a reason for them to go to war, they'll do it in an instant.

Let them kill each other, and keep our American troops out of it. It will never end.

Israel would love that but we keep controlling them like a dog on a leash. I guarantee you if we said, " You know what ? Fuck it. Do waht you do." The entire middle east would implode because Israel are the baddest motherfuckers over there and would fight them all...and win. Although it would pretty much destroy them as well.

He can help out his "friends" but yet welfare reform is too expensive ? Amazing, this dude is the study in ineptitude when it comes to the military. He should not be allowed to make any military decisions anymore but alas he is our commander in chief. I hate the fact that the president is the commander in chief (any of them).

We need to cut off ALL foreign aid to EVERYBODY until we are fixed.

I agree, but that'd be the absolute dumbest thing we could do. We cut aid to Egypt? Again, they sell our advanced technology to China and Russia (maybe Iran). We cut aid to Pakistan? Cutting off aid to a nuclear nation infested with state-sponsored terrorism would be terrible. At least wait for the troops to leave Afghanistan...

I agree, but that'd be the absolute dumbest thing we could do. We cut aid to Egypt? Again, they sell our advanced technology to China and Russia (maybe Iran). We cut aid to Pakistan? Cutting off aid to a nuclear nation infested with state-sponsored terrorism would be terrible. At least wait for the troops to leave Afghanistan...

No it really would not. Letting the world deal with its own problems is exactly what we need. It is us thinking that we should give everybody a fairy tale ending is what got us in this mess in the first place. Oh Vietnam, you aren't communist we will give you weapons. Not even ten years later we are at war. Oh Iraq you will fight Iran, hey here is the weaponry, 20 years later they are using it against us. Hey Israel you dont like them well we will go to bat for you so you dont go apeshit on those mofos.

Fuck that, it isnt dumb it is the solution. We ahve been led to believe that if we did that then the world would stop on its axis. Do you know how much buying power we have and foreign goods we buy ? If we told countries that we are buying goods elsewhere that would cripple most company's economy. WE would be fine.

As to the soldiers. I wish those bastards would. They sit there scared in there caves and come out at night to lob random mortars. At least if they found the nuts to fight us man to man we would decimate their asses and it would not even be close. not to mention you probably have about 40 fobs in that country full of soldiers with itchy trigger fingers waiting for those douches to grow their big boy nuts so we can get this sumbitch rollin.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 1

Ya... I HATE being the watchdog for the entire world. I've said it before, and most of you probably would know everything I was about to type, so I will save that for some other topic.

What might be even more insane about this.. Besides sending an Anti-American government a billion dollars (these 20 jets are only about 1/5 of the aid we will be sending them) worth of aid -- is that we don't have the money for this!!!

In the rough economic times we find ourselves... With everyone more worried about finding a job and country being flat out broke and practically owned by China... With everybody worried about the impending 'fiscal cliff' and raising taxes, where do we find the money and resources to send 20 fighter jets over to Egypt?

Instead of raising taxes, albeit it being on those "with the money"... Couldn't we just stop doing dumb crap like this and begin to work ourselves out of the grave we have dug for ourselves?

And obviously, not doing this one transaction wouldn't fix the economy or our cash problems, but just void anything like this from happening for any other countries.

Guys, I'm as against world policing as you are. My point is that we've gotten to the point where we are so involved that just flat out retracting our aid would cause huge piles of shit for us. It'd provide China, Russia, and possibly Iran with access to some of our most advanced technology and it'd piss of a government with nuclear weapons that we all know supports shittons of terrorist activities. I'm not against reducing the role we have in this world, but I don't think we should do it if it means we put ourselves at risk.

Instead of raising taxes, albeit it being on those "with the money"... Couldn't we just stop doing dumb crap like this and begin to work ourselves out of the grave we have dug for ourselves?

And obviously, not doing this one transaction wouldn't fix the economy or our cash problems, but just void anything like this from happening for any other countries.

This is a valid point. I think that we do need to increase revenue (we conflict on this issue, but that's for another topic) while making our spending more efficient. Government and military waste is enormous right now and it's ridiculous.

Unfortunately, as long as the Middle East has oil we will meddle in their affairs. I really hate it, but it's true. I actually wish we would just get off of their oil, develop better solutions for the long-run, and stop sending aid to them as soon as they hit peak oil. A lot of people think that I'm anti-Muslim; no, I'm just anti-the bullshit that part of the world puts us through just because we like oil.

If I'm not mistaken, the point of the aid is to get them to like us.

Yep; but a lot of times the aid is blown on their military (especially buying US equipment). Also, a lot of them still don't like us. :/

Who gives a good god damn if they don't like us ? They can go fuck themselves.

Why should we have to bribe people to like us? I did not know world politics was a 4th grade classroom again.

Obama and the government are making us look like fools.

• Upvote 1

Obama and the government are making us look like fools.

This has been going on since the 70s, and probably even before that. The earliest known shitty foreign aid policy I'm aware of is the foreign aid we gave to El Salvador during their civil war. It's not exclusively Obama.

This has been going on since the 70s, and probably even before that. The earliest known shitty foreign aid policy I'm aware of is the foreign aid we gave to El Salvador during their civil war. It's not exclusively Obama.

Oh no definitely not. Bush did it, Clinton did it. I mean it goes way back.

Obama is just taking his turn at the table. As I am sure the next asshole that sits in his chair will do.

Maybe if we would have sent Osama Bin Laden a couple of nuclear warheads, he would have liked us more and not done anything to us.

• Upvote 1

Oh no definitely not. Bush did it, Clinton did it. I mean it goes way back.

Obama is just taking his turn at the table. As I am sure the next asshole that sits in his chair will do.

Yeah; it's a mandatory part of being President. "Do you, Mr. President, swear on this oath to give heaps of money away to stupid nations that actively work against us?"

"Of course. What else am I supposed to do to pass the time?"

• Upvote 1

Who gives a good god damn if they don't like us ? They can go fuck themselves.

Fuckin' right. :rock:

Didn't we do something similar with Afghanistan in the 1970's? Didn't they then start using these same weapons against us in the Gulf war(s)? Seems to make pure logical sense to do the same with Egypt....

Didn't we do something similar with Afghanistan in the 1970's? Didn't they then start using these same weapons against us in the Gulf war(s)? Seems to make pure logical sense to do the same with Egypt....

We'd never be in Afghanistan if it wasn't for the Trillion dollar lithium vain and the multi-billion dollar drug industry.

That's how a lot of these things start. We find something that another country has that we want. We go in, give them free stuff, pretend like we are friends and move in... They eventually get tired of us and want us to leave. Stuff blows up and people die.