Bay

Ok TGP, It's time for a Top 10 RB list

I'm just happy Frank the Tank isn't done yet. Looked real bad out of the gate but it was vs. Green Bay who has a outstanding run D this year and Seattle.

1. Peterson

2. McCoy

3. Charles

everybody else

Lynch doesn't even get a mention? He's been doing the dirty work picking up the tough yardage behind poor blocking, and his receiving game has been better than ever before thus far.

Giovanni Bernard

Just to give my team a shoutout and to be the first to say it before he explodes on the scene - if Jay Gruden ever uses him correctly, or more often.

Giovanni Bernard

Just to give my team a shoutout and to be the first to say it before he explodes on the scene - if Jay Gruden ever uses him correctly, or more often.

He's well on his way. Could be there by season's end. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't invest first round picks in running backs.

Can we start making top 40 lists so I can see Le'Veon Bell's name? It's not fair.

In all seriousness, my list would be a lot different than it was before. I wouldn't list Knowshon Moreno as a top 10 back yet, but he's on the right track.

He's well on his way. Could be there by season's end. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't invest first round picks in running backs.

Unless it's Adrian Peterson.

So does anyone still think that CJ2YPC is a top-ten back? Are we done making excuses for him, or are we still going that route?

So does anyone still think that CJ2YPC is a top-ten back? Are we done making excuses for him, or are we still going that route?

I would like the make the excuse that he has played like shit.

Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson were the only players with more yards from scrimmage this year than Doug Martin, yet he is missing from nearly every list on here for simply being a rookie.

lol

Doug Martin :yao:

Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson were the only players with more yards from scrimmage this year than Doug Martin, yet he is missing from nearly every list on here for simply being a rookie.

lol

Doug Martin :yao:

Maybe people will just see this as me making excuses for the kid, but I don't think it's been a Doug Martin problem. Carl Nicks is hobbled and has missed time, while Davin Joseph has played like utter dog shit (all name, no game). And from a broader perspective, the Bucs' offense just hasn't been effective in general. I've only seen a couple games this year, but I've heard a few analysts say that Martin is making the best with what he has to work with.

I for one still think he's a top ten RB talent wise. Maybe the offense will perk up a bit and he'll be able to show it.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Jamaal Charles

3. LeSean McCoy

Everyone else.

Just for shits and giggles, here is PFF's Top 10:

1. LeSean McCoy
2. Jamaal Charles

3. Eddie Lacy

4. Gio Bernard

5. Danny Woodhead

6. DeMarco Murray

7. Marshawn Lynch

8. Darren Sproles
9. Joique Bell
10. Andre Ellington

To be fair, most of woodhead's grade is as a receiver. Here are their top ten as pure runners:

1. Shady

2. Marshawn

3. All Day

4. Jamaal Charles

5t. Demarco Murray

5t. Alfred Morris

7. Eddard Lacy

8. Andre Ellington

9. Arian Foster (Still!)

10t. Donald Brown

10t. Freddy Jackson

Edited by BringBackTebow

Ya, because we frown upon well-rounded RBs around here.

It isn't so much that well rounded backs are bad, it's that a guy who gets most of his grade from being a receiver is not really a top ten runningback. Giving equal weighting to rushing, receiving and blocking isn't the ideal way to measure running backs.

Neither is completely avoiding two big aspects of the position. Give me a good runner who can block and catch over a great runner who can't catch or block any day.

Not what I'm saying either, but if you're gonna evaluate runningbacks, running has to be the primary thing you look at.