ATL_Predator

Top 10 CB's list

I didn't think I needed to reference their posts since they are made in this same topic. You should at least glance over the topic prior to posting in it- that was the point of the new thing, as this topic was made before you even got here.

NFL FOs weren't very interested in him because of his age. He's getting up there in years. As far as pure talent goes, last year he was one of the best corners in the league. They simply don't believe he can keep up that level of production.

I didn't think I needed to reference their posts since they are made in this same topic. You should at least glance over the topic prior to posting in it- that was the point of the new thing, as this topic was made before you even got here.

NFL FOs weren't very interested in him because of his age. He's getting up there in years. As far as pure talent goes, last year he was one of the best corners in the league. They simply don't believe he can keep up that level of production.

I'm not saying he wasn't good. But I defenitely dont think he was better than Brandon Carr/Cortland Finnegan, my tie for #10, and unless I'm understanding the intent of the topic wrong, it is the top 10 Cornerbacks right now, and considering his age I'm fairly certain Winfield has regressed at least a little bit.

Also, I'll admit to some of the blame for simply referencing your post, my bad.

Redoing my list. Trying to construct my list if I had to choose one guy for 1 year.

1. Darelle Revis

2. Richard Sherman

3. Ladarius Webb- Talking about the top two corners, keep forgetting about Webb because he was hurt last year. Wouldn't be surprised if he were to be in the top CB talks this coming season.

4. Joe Haden

5. Antonio Cromartie

6. Champ Bailey- Judged very harshly for that play off game but outside of that had another great year.

7. Asante Samuel- I made fun of Asante earlier in this thread, but he doesn't allow a lot of plays. He's still a ball hawk and one of the better off coverage zone corners in the league. Still can't tackle worth a god dam though.

8. Ike Taylor

9. Patrick Peterson is an amazing athletic talent; very gifted. If he cleans up a few technical issues, he can be a top CB in the league easy. He had a lot of pics but also allowed a lot of plays.

10. Charles Tillman

Honorable Mention: Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Cortland Finnegan- a lot of people may not like him but he's solid.

I remember Patrick Peterson had a pretty poor showing on MNF vs San Fran last year. I don't watch a ton of him but I was not impressed. Do you think you could be overrating him a little bit? I'd probably put Flowers higher and move Peterson down a spot or two.

I would say PP is top 10

I remember Patrick Peterson had a pretty poor showing on MNF vs San Fran last year. I don't watch a ton of him but I was not impressed. Do you think you could be overrating him a little bit? I'd probably put Flowers higher and move Peterson down a spot or two.

It's definitely debatable. I could be a little bias because I do like him and know he has a very high ceiling. Awesome athletic ability but his technique could use some cleaning up. He got a lot of pics but also allowed a couple more plays then he should have but he's still a corner that you wouldn't want to throw at a lot. Flowers is definitely a top corner and wouldn't debate against him being in a top 10. Very solid and definitely underrated.

Edited by dutchff7

1.Richard Sherman (While Revis is proven much moe than Sherman, I can't see Sherman losing any momentum. It's his spot to lose.)

2.Charles Tillman (He is extremely underrated. I constantly see him getting picks, and making plays.)

3.Darrelle Revis (Only reason I don't have him higher is his injury. He is going to have to turn a lot on that knee, and that is what worries me.)

4.Brandon Flowers (Underrated. He has the great overall skill set of a corner. He may not be the best, but he is definitely good.)

5.Johnathan Joseph (He is rated as one of the top 3 cornerbacks according to Pro Football Focus. He has the ability to shadow a receiver all game long. He isn't a pick machine, but that's because he doesn't have the ball thrown to his side much.)

6.Joe Haden (Time and time again I see the receivers in the AFC North get blanketed by Haden. He has great coverage ability, despite not being a true physical corner.)

7.Brandon Carr (Not much to say. He has hovered here for a while. He lost a little bit of love after transitioning to Dallas.)

8.Leon Hall (Severely severely underrated. Hall doesn't get a lot of turnovers but that's because not many quarterbacks test him. He shows up when most needed, despite below average tackling ability.)

9.Ladarius Webb (Just an all around above average player. He has the tools to get better, but for now he is stuck in this bottom rung of the Top 10.)

10.Patrick Peterson (He isn't the best corner, but his playmaking abilities sure as hell make up for it. When he isn't playing corner he is returning punts for TDs. Gotta love a playmaker.)

• Upvote 1

All I have to say is, as a Seahawk fan, I love that Minnesota doesn't think their guys are any good. Whether it's Rice, Harvin and now Winfield.

Gotta hand it to you guys. You really know talent. We certainly approve of your draft picks. I'm pretty sure Schneider has rekeyed his #1 speed dial button to Spielman's direct line by now. Taking the Vikings' penny wise and pound foolish roster cuts ... it's like getting extra late first round draft picks every year or two. And you're always considerate enough to leave your castoffs with plenty of tread left on the tire. Enough to even resign them a second time.

We appreciate that thanks!

1.Richard Sherman (While Revis is proven much moe than Sherman, I can't see Sherman losing any momentum. It's his spot to lose.)

2.Charles Tillman (He is extremely underrated. I constantly see him getting picks, and making plays.)

3.Darrelle Revis (Only reason I don't have him higher is his injury. He is going to have to turn a lot on that knee, and that is what worries me.)

4.Brandon Flowers (Underrated. He has the great overall skill set of a corner. He may not be the best, but he is definitely good.)

5.Johnathan Joseph (He is rated as one of the top 3 cornerbacks according to Pro Football Focus. He has the ability to shadow a receiver all game long. He isn't a pick machine, but that's because he doesn't have the ball thrown to his side much.)

6.Joe Haden (Time and time again I see the receivers in the AFC North get blanketed by Haden. He has great coverage ability, despite not being a true physical corner.)

7.Brandon Carr (Not much to say. He has hovered here for a while. He lost a little bit of love after transitioning to Dallas.)

8.Leon Hall (Severely severely underrated. Hall doesn't get a lot of turnovers but that's because not many quarterbacks test him. He shows up when most needed, despite below average tackling ability.)

9.Ladarius Webb (Just an all around above average player. He has the tools to get better, but for now he is stuck in this bottom rung of the Top 10.)

10.Patrick Peterson (He isn't the best corner, but his playmaking abilities sure as hell make up for it. When he isn't playing corner he is returning punts for TDs. Gotta love a playmaker.)

I actually like this list... GJ.

All I have to say is, as a Seahawk fan, I love that Minnesota doesn't think their guys are any good. Whether it's Rice, Harvin and now Winfield.

Gotta hand it to you guys. You really know talent. We certainly approve of your draft picks. I'm pretty sure Schneider has rekeyed his #1 speed dial button to Spielman's direct line by now. Taking the Vikings' penny wise and pound foolish roster cuts ... it's like getting extra late first round draft picks every year or two. And you're always considerate enough to leave your castoffs with plenty of tread left on the tire. Enough to even resign them a second time.

We appreciate that thanks!

How much are you guys paying Rice right now? I'll tell you this much, you didn't pay him to put up 484 yards in 2011 and 748 yards in 2012 lol. As for Harvin, you guys gave up a 1st rounder, a 3rd rounder next year, and a 7th rounder. Considering he's never put up 1000 yards in a season, I don't know how you can act like you stole him, especially considering alot of analysts weren't even sure if the Vikings could get a 1st round pick for him. You gave us one and more. And as for Winfield, congrats, he's a very good football player, but don't act like the Vikings are dumb and don't know talent. Just remember the Vikings offered him more guaranteed money than the Seahawks did. Oh and lastly, thanks for taking Tarvaris Jackson off our backs. His play was sinking the team and we needed someone to take the bait. Thanks.

• Upvote 2

Alright here it goes, this is a tough one.

1. Richard Sherman

2. Darrelle Revis

3. Jonathan Joseph

4. Tim Jennings

5. Courtland Finnegan

6. Joe Haden

7. Brandon Carr

8. Patrick Peterson

9. Charles Tillman

10. Devin McCourty

Alright here it goes, this is a tough one.

1. Richard Sherman

2. Darrelle Revis

3. Jonathan Joseph

4. Tim Jennings

5. Courtland Finnegan

6. Joe Haden

7. Brandon Carr

8. Patrick Peterson

9. Charles Tillman

10. Devin McCourty

The absence of Lardarius Webb is strange, but having a safety on the list in a top 10 corner discussion is even more peculiar.

The absence of Lardarius Webb is strange, but having a safety on the list in a top 10 corner discussion is even more peculiar.

He's referring to Devin McCourty for those who don't know. He was getting scorched so bad at CB that the Patriots moved him to safety where he had some pretty good success from that I can recall.

Alright, I'm going to give this a go. Please note, these are the 10 players who I think will be the best boundary corners in the game in 2013. Not including nickels, as that's pretty much apples/oranges, and it makes the pool too large. And some of these guys obviously weren't top 10 in 2012, but I think they're on their way there in 2013. Here it goes.

1. Richard Sherman, :Seahawks: I've never seen someone dominate in both man AND zone the way he does. Now shut your mouth and play football.

2. Darrelle Revis, :Bucs: Still one of the best cover men in the game until proven otherwise.

3. Antonio Cromartie, :Jets: Stepped into the #1 role and the Jets didn't really skip a beat in coverage. Seems to have finally matured.

4. Jonathan Joseph, :Texans: Not talked about enough. No big weaknesses to his game- does everything well.

5. Lardarius Webb, :Ravens: Was looking like a bonafide star before injury struck. Expect him to return to form.

6. Brandon Flowers, :Chiefs: Pretty crazy ability for his size- doesn't give up many yards.

7. Carlos Rogers, :49ers: Still underrated behind a very good front 7- very efficient corner.

8. Brandon Carr, :Cowboys: Getting bounced around hurt his production, but he was better than Flowers when he left KC. Monte Kiffin's scheme should be a fit.

9. Champ Bailey, :Broncos: Not as good as he once was, but still very effective. Was the BALT game a portent or abberation?

10. Stephon Gilmore, :Bills: Gilmore is the big surprise name on my list I suppose. I loved him coming out of USC, I thought he looked very good as a rookie, and if he just takes the normal steps from year 1 to 2 and cuts down on penalties, I think he'll be one of the best corners in the game next year.

Edited by KempBolt
  • Upvote 1

Alright, I'm going to give this a go. Please note, these are the 10 players who I think will be the best boundary corners in the game in 2013. Not including nickels, as that's pretty much apples/oranges, and it makes the pool too large. And some of these guys obviously weren't top 10 in 2012, but I think they're on their way there in 2013. Here it goes.

1. Richard Sherman, :Seahawks:

2. Darrelle Revis, :Bucs:

3. Antonio Cromartie, :Jets:

4. Jonathan Joseph, :Bengals:

5. Lardarius Webb, :Ravens:

6. Brandon Flowers, :Chiefs:

7. Carlos Rogers, :49ers:

8. Brandon Carr, :Cowboys:

9. Champ Bailey, :Broncos:

10. Stephon Gilmore, :Bills:

Gilmore is the big surprise name on my list I suppose. I loved him coming out of USC, I thought he looked very good as a rookie, and if he just takes the normal steps from year 1 to 2 and cuts down on penalties, I think he'll be one of the best corners in the game next year.

I like the Gilmore pick as well (for next year). He actually had a good rookie season. He's one of the CBs that I've been meaning to post a thread about and his success last season but haven't gotten around to doing it. Been kind of lazy lately lol.

Edited by dutchff7

No Joe Haden, Kemp? I also like that you are giving Cromartie a lot of respect because he was absolutely awesome in Revis' absent last year for the Jets, but I don't know if he'll be #3 next year. I like the sleeper pick in Gilmore too.

No Joe Haden, Kemp? I also like that you are giving Cromartie a lot of respect because he was absolutely awesome in Revis' absent last year for the Jets, but I don't know if he'll be #3 next year. I like the sleeper pick in Gilmore too.

Cro really stepped up. I hate to say it, but I think he'll be just as good this next year. It seems he's finally matured to the point that he can take advantage of his immense talent.

I thought Haden regressed in year 2, but he would still be #11 if I had kept going.

Just curious... where would you have Ike Taylor?

[/size]

Just curious... where would you have Ike Taylor?

He's a toughie for me. Definitely still in my top 15, but if I'm projecting to next season he would be one that I'm nervous about. He and Champ are two really excellent corners playing at an age where a dropoff could be just around the corner.

4. Jonathan Joseph, :Bengals: Not talked about enough. No big weaknesses to his game- does everything well.

Jonathan Joseph also plays for the Texans.

• Upvote 1

Jonathan Joseph also plays for the Texans.

I was feeling nostalgic.

1. Darrelle Revis

2. Richard Sherman

3. Jonathan Joseph

4. Charles Tillman

5. Brandon Flowers

6. Tim Jennings

7. Antonio Cromartie

8. Antoine Winfield

9. Joe Haden

10. Champ Bailey

Nothing strange at all with Webb missing. He's average at best. Good in coverage, but missed tackles are an issue for him, he also struggles to make enough initial contact to put ball carriers down. He has to wrap up better. His health is a big issue as well. He'd be in my top 20, but top 10...no!

• Downvote 1

Nothing strange at all with Webb missing. He's average at best. Good in coverage, but missed tackles are an issue for him, he also struggles to make enough initial contact to put ball carriers down. He has to wrap up better. His health is a big issue as well. He'd be in my top 20, but top 10...no!

He's average at best but he's in your top 20?

The guy (Webb) hasn't given up a TD since 2010...

I know he wasn't a full time starter until '11 but that's about 21 games and then whenever the last TD he surrendered in '10 was of games.

Edited by Bay