Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phailadelphia

Obama/Biden's 23 executive orders on guns, gun violence, etc

Guest Phailadelphia

Here they are...and they're surprisingly reasonable.

List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions

Posted on 1/16/2013 12:33:47 PM by Jeff Chandler

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

After looking over the released information, I'm not sure if anything really significant hits out at me that I have a problem with. I am still concerned about the 30 round limit and the AWB, but that's another story.

I predict the gun debate will now disappear from the media barring another Sandy Hook type situation. Pray that doesn't happen again but the nuts are now awake it appears.

With the amount of attention the media gives these events, I can almost guarantee that something like this will happen again. It's actually hard for me to say that... hell, I'm still in shock that this happened. But, there are nuts out there and there are people who indirectly give said nuts exactly what they want: infamy. It's unfortunate and extremely sad.

Tis definitely the gun owners fault. We need to make it to where they can not sneeze or have a bad day. :yep:

The longer his presidency goes on the more I can't stand his ass lol.

With the amount of attention the media gives these events, I can almost guarantee that something like this will happen again. It's actually hard for me to say that... hell, I'm still in shock that this happened. But, there are nuts out there and there are people who indirectly give said nuts exactly what they want: infamy. It's unfortunate and extremely sad.

I really think that's a big part of this that no one seems to be addressing. When a school shooting happens, I'd much prefer it if they didn't go into every single personal detail of the killer, but instead spent time mourning the victims and going over their lives. Don't give those psychopaths their 15 minutes of fame, don't even mention their name, I'd say.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I have to say I agree. What gives Obama the right to bypass Congress?

Well it is obvioius, he is Barack fuckin' Obama, He can preach accountability as long as he does not have to abide by it.

Guest Phailadelphia

Article II.

I think the circumstances have changed a bit...

Its a hoax the way I see it. Please watch the whole thing before giving your statement or opinion on it. Scary shit, people don't even understand whats going on under their noses!

• Downvote 4

Dear God, are you serious? :facepalm:

I should have known it was only a matter of time before Sandy Hook conspiracies surfaced.

• Upvote 1

Although I think it's commendable to try and put stricter regulations on who can have guns to try to prevent tragedies, I don't think it's going to stop criminals from getting their hands on them. If someone has the intent to kill they're going to find a way to do it, with or without a gun. Extended background checks could do that but even with an extended background check doesn't spell out a person's intent with that weapon.

Dear God, are you serious? :facepalm:

I should have known it was only a matter of time before Sandy Hook conspiracies surfaced.

Would you call plausible evidence and damn good solid sensible evidence a conspiracy? What is so hard to go against the media? Pat Tillman case for example. They came out and said he was killed by the enemy. Next thing you know we find out they lied on SOMETHING SO SIMPLE like that, and he was killed by friendily fire.

If its one thing, you cant trust the news. I mean its so common sense to know these guys lie over and over and people fall for it. Your young but even at your age man I knew better then to trust them. People hear something from a government official, or news guy and think they are telling the truth. Remember, the media could give a fuck about anyone but their ratings. That's their job. Not to mention something this serious would be covered up. If you deny that, then you clearly don't know history. That's another problem, we don't learn from history. The same tactics are being used against us and we continue to fall for it.

Watch that video and tell me you think That's a conspiracy. At that point its straight denial IMO.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace
  • Downvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Would you call plausible evidence and damn good solid sensible evidence a conspiracy? What is so hard to go against the media? Pat Tillman case for example. They came out and said he was killed by the enemy. Next thing you know we find out they lied on SOMETHING SO SIMPLE like that, and he was killed by friendily fire.

If its one thing, you cant trust the news. I mean its so common sense to know these guys lie over and over and people fall for it. Your young but even at your age man I knew better then to trust them. People hear something from a government official, or news guy and think they are telling the truth. Remember, the media could give a fuck about anyone but their ratings. That's their job. Not to mention something this serious would be covered up. If you deny that, then you clearly don't know history. That's another problem, we don't learn from history. The same tactics are being used against us and we continue to fall for it.

Watch that video and tell me you think That's a conspiracy. At that point its straight denial IMO.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp#hoax

• Upvote 1

Adolf Hitler and Walt Disney are not real and are instead "played" by one of the sons of Theodore Roosevelt is one of the greatest things I have ever heard.

Guest Phailadelphia

Adolf Hitler and Walt Disney are not real and are instead "played" by one of the sons of Theodore Roosevelt is one of the greatest things I have ever heard.

Agreed. I had to read that part multiple times to make sure I was seeing it correctly. It's nuts.

There will be conspiracy theories for every major event like this. It's just human nature, I guess. I always refer to the quote (I forget who said it) that goes something like, "The problem with every conspiracy theory, is it assumes the government is competent enough to pull off such a thing."

• Upvote 1

There will be conspiracy theories for every major event like this. It's just human nature, I guess. I always refer to the quote (I forget who said it) that goes something like, "The problem with every conspiracy theory, is it assumes the government is competent enough to pull off such a thing."

As soon as I read, a certain post or newspaper said whatever I stopped reading. Course I been up all night so im sure I may not be seeing completely straight but anything from a paper I disprove. Know too many people that work in the media and military. I could go on about the 9/11 thing but if a source from a higher personal puts out something, everyone jumps on it.

I mean I don't find it hard to believe that the government or whoever runs the show, on this type of crazy shit, wouldn't kill kids to make something happen. I mean it happens all the time over in Iraq and other countries. Wouldn't make a difference here. People call these conspiracies, but I think people avoid stuff like this because it makes them feel uneasy to think away. Now im not saying every conspiracy is right either. some are just rumors but others that when someone puts together a video of solid evidence or plausible views, I don't ignore it.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace
  • Downvote 1

So would you care to respond to the link that Phail posted?

So would you care to respond to the link that Phail posted?

Wow am I having computer failure or what. This keyboard is acting up, replace words in places I didn't even touch or put it there. My reply to ^ is in my original post before you posted. IDK why but it just is lol. Im going to see WTF is going on with this laptop real quick. Feel free to reply to what I posted though. Not bashing anyone either, just stating my opinion and view on it is all. ( so no one thinks im attacking them )

I almost never believe conspiracy theories because it requires a level of competence the government has regularly shown that it does not have.

• Upvote 2

I am not at all surprised that it is Mikey who believes that the government of the United States would kill twenty first-graders in order to advance gun control.

This is what is wrong with this country. Not that most people would believe in something so extreme and so obviously ludicrous, as most people have a modicum of common sense. But politicians on both sides immediately assume the worst possible, (yet still plausible, unlike this theory), thing when someone on the other side comes out and says something.

Exhibit A- Obama's panel on gun control. Rand Paul comes out and says he is going after the second Amendment, that they're going to fight him tooth and nail. All our politicians care about anymore is talking points. Everyone assumes the worst of the other side, no one wants to talk anymore.

From your comments in your post, Mikey, I take it you also believe 9/11 was a hoax. You claim this because you know "people in the military." My father is an officer in the Navy, I have a far better claim to "insider" status than you do. This doesn't mean jack-squat as far as your/my ability to judge whether 9/11 was staged, (it wasn't, and has been debunked numerous times. Read the Popular Mechanics article debunking every single thing the conspiracy theorists come up with).

What happens with these theories is people who have a smattering of education in certain subjects brings up entirely false things as "facts." Some members of the American public, who have not received education in said areas, assume that they are actually facts, instead of listening to people who actually work in that field of expertise.

The amount of personnel it would take to forge a conspiracy like this, where no one who was actually involved comes out and says its a conspiracy, is just absurd.

This entire "story" is absurd. A gunman kills twenty children, and people turn around and try to play political games with that? Shame on them.

And shame on you for giving them the time of day. This is fucking ridiculous and no person in their right mind should believe this.

Edit: This is just gold.

As soon as I read, a certain post or newspaper said whatever I stopped reading. Course I been up all night so im sure I may not be seeing completely straight but anything from a paper I disprove. Know too many people that work in the media and military.

Rofl. This explains everything, so you get your news from those crackpot organizations that were linked in the article Phail posted, since you automatically refuse to listen to anything any newspaper says on the basis that you know a few people in the industry that are dishonest.

So he didn't even read the article Phail posted, merely on the basis that it comes from a newspaper.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1