Sign in to follow this  
baltimoreravens

Wes Welker's wife is dumber than Giselle

Shocked this wasn't already discussed, but it's also kind of stupid. Sore losers is all. She apologized if that means anything. Patriot's wives really aren't the epitome of smart, classy women.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21594941/wes-welkers-wife-apologizes-for-ray-lewis-facebook-comments

In the AFC Championship Game loss to the Ravens, Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker had eight catches for 117 yards and a touchdown. Looking solely at the box score, you'd figure it was a good outing. But Welker, whose dropped pass in last year's Super Bowl left the door open for a Giants comeback, had two drops Sunday night, the biggest coming early in the third quarter.

The Ravens scored on their next offensive possession and went on to outscore New England 21-0 in the second half.

After the game, Welker's wife, Anna Burns Welker, took to Facebook to support her husband -- and take a few shots at Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who will retire after the Super Bowl (via the Baltimore Sun).

"Proud of my husband and the Pats," Welker wrote on her Facebook page. "By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

Then Welker did what people in such situations invariably do: Apologize for their momentary lapse in judgment.

"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook," she said in a statement sent to Larry Brown Sports. "I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me.

"My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game," she continued. "It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

After the Pats lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl last year, Tom Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, was outspoken about how the game unfolded -- and Welker's role in the outcome.

“You (have) to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball,” she snapped at heckling Giants fans shortly after the final whistle. “My husband cannot (bleeping) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times.”

Silver lining: Neither Gisele nor Anna will have to worry about their husbands being heckled during Super Bowl XLVII.

lol at Patriots' players wives.

New England House Wives new reality show coming this fall :yep:

The only mistake she made was apologizing. Of course the OP is going to call it dumb because he's a Ravens fan.

Ray Lewis preaches about God every chance he gets, yet a lot of the shit he does or has done goes against what's said in the Bible. And everyone sucks his dick, regardless. I'm sure God appreciates him having six children with multiple women and once being involved in a murder. :laugh:

vhu9th.gif

Shit's gonna get real when Ray goes to hell. :troll:

She clearly read his Wikipedia page and jumped to conclusions. She knows nothing about who he is as a person and a player. I'm not even sure what his children have to do with anything.

What the hell is she doing out of the kitchen?

She had to divert the attention away from Wes dropping passes in an important game... again

Is she wrong? haha. It's all a show with ray ray. crying like a baby during the anthem kinda reminds me how tebow tebowed in front of the camera last year vs the steelers.

• Upvote 1

Is she wrong? haha. It's all a show with ray ray. crying like a baby during the anthem kinda reminds me how tebow tebowed in front of the camera last year vs the steelers.

Lol.. I did think of Tebow when he kneeled down and began praying on Sunday.

I would say she mad, but she already admitted she mad, so I won't say it.

She clearly read his Wikipedia page and jumped to conclusions. She knows nothing about who he is as a person and a player. I'm not even sure what his children have to do with anything.

She didn't say anything that wasn't true, lmao.

You know nothing about who he is as a person, so let's not act like you have intimate knowledge of whether his theatrical bullshit is sincere.

• Upvote 2

Do you know she isn't?

She didn't say anything that wasn't true, lmao.

You know nothing about who he is as a person, so let's not act like you have intimate knowledge of whether his theatrical bullshit is sincere.

And for someone who publicly chastises him, can i assume you have a personal and intimate knowledge of him ?

You know nothing about him either. That is a big problem with this site is a lot of people assume we know the players whether it be good or bad. You do not know Ray it could very well be who he is. You don't know Tebow but you will chastise him. You know neither so how can you say either is this or that and you have no idea honestly.

It is all well and good but don't criticize someone for you doing the exact same thing just because you disagree.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know nothing about him either. That is a big problem with this site is a lot of people assume we know the players whether it be good or bad. You do not know Ray it could very well be who he is. You don't know Tebow but you will chastise him. You know neither so how can you say either is this or that and you have no idea honestly.

so unless we know the most intimate details of a public figure we can't comment on how they choose to present themselves publicly?

• Upvote 1

And for someone who publicly chastises him, can i assume you have a personal and intimate knowledge of him ?

It is all well and good but don't criticize someone for you doing the exact same thing just because you disagree.

I never claimed to know anything about any player that I have criticized. I've seen how they act, I've opined that they are putting on an act for the camera, and I have spewed hatred through my keyboard to that effect.

My entire point toward baltimoreravens was that he cannot simply dismiss someone's opinion with the crux of the argument being, "you know nothing of him as a person" while at the same time...knowing nothing of him as a person. It's hypocritical. Believe his sob act bullshitery if you like, but don't act like those of us that think otherwise are wrong because we don't know him; you don't know him personally either, so we're both just as likely to be correct.

If voicing our opinions on a forum is a "big problem", I think you're in the wrong place.

There is only one witness who claims Ray had anything to do with the violence that occurred that night. Others (and there were multiple) claim he was trying to keep the situation under control. I don't know about the rest of you, but without absolute fucking proof that he killed somebody, I'd like to see less judgment of the man. For all you know, he could be innocent. I think he is. Jesus Christ, this is ridiculous. Years later, after acquittal and the only witness who claims anything against him being a criminal in the first place, you'd think we could at least consider the possibility that he's innocent. Fucking eh.

Judge him for the theatrics if you want to. That's fine, but that murder situation has long since been resolved and there's got to be a pretty legitimate reason for that. He's probably innocent.

On the other hand, I wish people would just let him be ridiculous and just enjoy the "WTF" moments that come with it. He's a motivator. His speeches are fucking amazing. I listen to the speech from Steve McNair's funeral every now and then.

Where'd his suit go? If there was nothing to it, why not bring it out into the open and show his innocence? Why were there multiple witnesses that said the car pulled over and dumped clothes into a dumpster? Why would the limo driver go quiet in the eleventh hour unless he was paid to keep quiet? Originally he said that he heard Ray say "just keep your mouth shut and don't say nothing" as well as hearing them speak about stabbing the pair of victims.

It's not as cut and dry and you Ravens fans would like to make it appear.

And his antics are fucking annoying and idiotic. Chuck Noll ascribed to the thought that motivational speeches were useless and often said something to the effect of "If you need motivation, then you need to be replaced".

How, as a Ravens fan, do your cheeks not turn flush with embarrassment when seeing this shit? It's one thing to cry AFTER a Super Bowl victory, but this motherfucker was bawling—tearless bawling—before kickoff of the fucking AFCCG. And no circumstance should have a man on the ground crying to god with a circle if followers surrounding him after a fucking sports game.

If a Steeler player had decided to try even one of Ray Lewis's many theatric, I'd have slammed that moron in seconds. My dad was gushing over Lewis before the game, but after he kept saying, "that's not Lewis on the ground. No way. That's not Lewis...is it? Oh my fucking god". It's just inconceivable.

lovebirds.gif

vhu9th.gif?w=446&h=250

he-fell-to-the-ground-to-pray.jpg

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

[/size]

so unless we know the most intimate details of a public figure we can't comment on how they choose to present themselves publicly?

That was not the intent of my statement no. What I am saying is you can call his religious act bullshit or what have you and that is all well in good an more than warranted in the arena of public forums. Where I find it to be ridiculous is when you say,"No you are wrong, it is definitely an act and he does it for the camera." How do you know ? Why would you "call someone on it" when neither party knows any thing about the person. Having an opinion is fine and I am all for that, but when it comes to something like a mans faith then no you should absolutely not sayin anything trying to present it as fact.

I will stand by the question though. If you do not know him personally how do you call his religion bullshit unless you can definitively tell one way or the other. There is a big difference between I think versus just saying flat out it is bullshit. we dont know that and never will.

I never claimed to know anything about any player that I have criticized. I've seen how they act, I've opined that they are putting on an act for the camera, and I have spewed hatred through my keyboard to that effect.

My entire point toward baltimoreravens was that he cannot simply dismiss someone's opinion with the crux of the argument being, "you know nothing of him as a person" while at the same time...knowing nothing of him as a person. It's hypocritical. Believe his sob act bullshitery if you like, but don't act like those of us that think otherwise are wrong because we don't know him; you don't know him personally either, so we're both just as likely to be correct.

If voicing our opinions on a forum is a "big problem", I think you're in the wrong place.

The first part I gots no issue with.

The second we are in total agreement. The problem is that saying it is bullshit and calling bullshit are two different things. You are correct NONE of us know so it is pure speculation. So the question then becomes how do YOU know it is "sob act bullshitery." That is at the center of all of this, baltimore said he is a saint, you say he is a sinner and the rhetoric of well you don't know him was used on both sides. Well as you said neither you, nor him, nor I know him, so I will assume as I always have that the truth is somewhere in the middle and neither confirm or deny that he is an cynical and hypocritical asshole, or a guy whose asshole the sun shines out of.

And I have no problem with opinions, never have, and I am perfectly at home here. All I am saying is you were both in a circular argument pointing to the same fact that neither knows the person in question.

• Upvote 1

That was not the intent of my statement no. What I am saying is you can call his religious act bullshit or what have you and that is all well in good an more than warranted in the arena of public forums. Where I find it to be ridiculous is when you say,"No you are wrong, it is definitely an act and he does it for the camera." How do you know ? Why would you "call someone on it" when neither party knows any thing about the person. Having an opinion is fine and I am all for that, but when it comes to something like a mans faith then no you should absolutely not sayin anything trying to present it as fact.

I will stand by the question though. If you do not know him personally how do you call his religion bullshit unless you can definitively tell one way or the other. There is a big difference between I think versus just saying flat out it is bullshit. we dont know that and never will.

The first part I gots no issue with.

The second we are in total agreement. The problem is that saying it is bullshit and calling bullshit are two different things. You are correct NONE of us know so it is pure speculation. So the question then becomes how do YOU know it is "sob act bullshitery." That is at the center of all of this, baltimore said he is a saint, you say he is a sinner and the rhetoric of well you don't know him was used on both sides. Well as you said neither you, nor him, nor I know him, so I will assume as I always have that the truth is somewhere in the middle and neither confirm or deny that he is an cynical and hypocritical asshole, or a guy whose asshole the sun shines out of.

And I have no problem with opinions, never have, and I am perfectly at home here. All I am saying is you were both in a circular argument pointing to the same fact that neither knows the person in question.

I'm not going to sit here and endlessly argue semantics with you simply because you don't agree with my opinion on Ray Lewis. I covered this at the beginning of my last post, yet you are persistent in saying that I'm somehow insisting that my opinion is a fact.

I'm just gonna say that even if he didn't murder the person, he did admit to lying to the police about it. Thats pretty bad too.

Who cares. It takes too much energy to play detective and slander someone's personal life. I watch football to watch players play, not to worry about irrelevant history that doesn't pertain to today.

• Upvote 1

Who cares. It takes too much energy to play detective and slander someone's personal life. I watch football to watch players play, not to worry about irrelevant history that doesn't pertain to today.

Agreed. This argument is pointless anyways. People who don't respect him never will and those who do will never not respect him, regardless of what he does. All I was saying is that there's a reason that so many players in the league respect him so much.