Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Super Bowl plans?

It's that time of year, folks. What are you all up to on Super Sunday?

As usual, my parents are throwing an awesome party with lots of food, a block pool, and a keg of beer. Already planning on skipping class the day after. :D

Living it up in Nola and waiting in line for hours to get in the dome. Getting on my phone to talk to you peeps. Depending on the outcome getting shitfaced on a plane or getting shitfaced and trying to get lucky.

I can't make plans because I'm not sure they'll make me work that day or not. The last two weeks I've gotten Sunday off, but before that I got it off once in the span of 4 months (only one I got off, I had to switch shifts and work Thanksgiving so I could go to a Bucs game). If I'm working that night, I'm gonna puke.

Watching the game. Don't really have any plans other than that.

Food. Lots and lots of food.

Definitely going all out this time around since I'm planning on getting back to my summer routine of eating healthier right after the SB lol.

Planning on having nachos, sliders, mozzarella sticks, chips, cake, and possibly some other pastries. Torn on whether I should drink, though. If I get intoxicated, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll vomit at the end of the night because of how much food I'll have consumed lol

If I get intoxicated, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll vomit at the end of the night because of how much food I'll have consumed lol

It's called "self-control," Phil.

Fun Fact:

Super Bowl Sunday is the 2nd highest food consumption day behind Thanksgiving.

It's called "self-control," Phil.

Doesn't exist on Super Bowl Sunday. :nope:

Probably just going to order a shitload of wings and drink a ton while watching the game with friends and family.

Just going to a friend's house with some others. Pizza, wings, etc. Always a good time. Usually it's the same group of friends but I seem to watch at a different place every year.

My friend who is hosting it absolutely despises the Ravens...so I will be pulling hard for them.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

We need to run through the rest of our keg so we're throwing a Super Bowl / anything-but-a-cup party.

What are everyone's menus going to look like? I want to have some normal stuff like wings, meats/cheese tray, etc.

But I also want to make a few things on my own to spice it up a little. Thinking about doing some stuffed mushrooms. There is also this really easy looking recipe to wrap string cheese in wonton wrappers and then fry them which looks easy and delicious that I might try.

Any other staples you guys have that might be unique to you or just lesser used stuff?

Last night started planning a shindig at my place with some of my friends. I was initially wanting to go into Baltimore but apparently it's going to be mobbed. I probably will wish I was there if we win though.

I likely won't know my exact plans until I get to church on Sunday morning. Seeing as the folks at church are the only people that I know...although they are typically hardcore against watching any kind of sports on Sunday. I do know of a few of them who had been talking about plans to watch the game.

If not them, I guess I will either watch from home or maybe see if any of my Navy friends have to work Sunday. I am not too keen on hanging out with them because I know there will be copious amounts of alcohol, and I don't drink any longer.

I am thinking a pepper jack and bacon stuffed burger with green chiles...