Favre4Ever

2013 Mock Draft Game Sign-Up & Discussion

If that's cool with everyone I'll take them

I second this. Give Bangy the Seahawks and he can trade his first round pick to the Browns for Josh Cribbs.

That trade is welcomed very much.

Come on guys, Bangy is smarter now, he'll trade his 1st round pick for a guy like Stephen Hill.

• Upvote 2

The Houston Texans first round draft pick (27th overall) is up for trade. PM me offers if you're interested.

Edit: Looking to trade back

Edited by FartWaffles

but McDaniels is still alive...

however he clearly dead inside with that stone expression he always has

I second this. Give Bangy the Seahawks and he can trade his first round pick to the Browns for Josh Cribbs.

Come on guys, Bangy is smarter now, he'll trade his 1st round pick for a guy like Stephen Hill.

Guys you give me too much credit, I was going to trade away Marshawn Lynch for James Starks and release Russell Wilson to sign JaMarcus Russell....

Also I am looking to move up in the first round

Guys you give me too much credit, I was going to trade away Marshawn Lynch for James Starks and release Russell Wilson to sign JaMarcus Russell....

Sounds like a deal!

• Upvote 1

Change of plans, folks. The original plan was to start this next week. Then I was like..... FA starts a few days later, so maybe we should wait 2 weeks for the big name FAs to sign. But with less than 5 weeks from that point to the draft, I just don't know if we will get done in time. So... We will likely begin TONIGHT. Or tomorrow morning.

If we finish in good time this year, it will open up the ability to wait for FA next season. I just can't take that risk with not only the DB problems the site experienced last year, but also the number of skipped people we had.

Get your boards ready, get your trades squared away! Gonna go set up the picks thread now.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Too busy and it kills me. I don't know more than 2-3 names int he draft this year. :/

The game has officially begun.. And Alabama CB, Dee Milliner is first off the board.

4th overall pick is still up for grabs. Should be able to get either the top defensive line prospect or a top two OT prospect. Come on guys. Hell you could easily get the top QB prospect in the draft too.

Edited by seanbrock

Good pick Campin.

:devious:

obamadatazzpointing.png

I know y'all thought I'd take one of the pass rushers so y'all getting one to fall to you. It was either Mingo or Geno for me in terms of who fit the Jags better. Hurt not to take Dion, because Dion Jordan been my dude all year but fit wise, Mingo fits the LEO position best and met all the bench marks I set for his combine measurables and drills in terms of 3-cone drill, arm length etc. Decided to go with where I think the Jags actually will go, Geno. He's a perfect fit with what Jedd Fisch likes to do. Jags gotta swing at QBs til they hit a home run. No one trading up to the 2nd spot so that was out the window too. I got a plan for this draft. :yep:

2 pass rushers in the next 3 picks :bookit:

I thought you were going to take Dion and I must say you kinda surprised me.

Edited by housemd

Very nice pick Campin that's a nice all round game that the Jaguars offence would now have.

:Suicide:

Well, at least I haven't made the worst pick so far.

Definitely not the first two picks I expected to see.

That's probably what I would do if I was Jacksonville too. If you think you have a franchise QB on your hands then you have to take him.

Well, at least I haven't made the worst pick so far.

I don't see Milliner as a shut down CB at all :shrug: Great combine and all, but my eyes (watching his cut-ups) and others' doing the hard work in analytics point to Rhodes > Milliner: http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/18/cbs-1/

Milliner is way overrated this year in my opinion. He's gonna be good, but he's not even as good as Gilmore or Claiborne IMO. Conversely I see Geno as underrated.

But with me the draft is about fits and where I think the Jags with actually go in real life. Tony Khan (who holds an analytic position with the Jags) is big on metrics obviously as he holds that position with the team. David Caldwell has said he uses it as a tool as well. A career projection algorithm that has predicted the success of lesser known guys like Russell Wilson & Colin Kaepernick, and the struggles of guys like Mark Sanchez & Blaine Gabbert shows Geno Smith to favor out extremely well. The same tool projected the success of can't miss guys like Luck and RGIII too but those were obvious.

The point is, Khan himself has referenced this algorithm on a panel today actually, discussing the new wave of metrics being used in football — so I know he sees how well Geno projects. As does Dave Caldwell. Couple that with the deep talent available at the other glaring need of a pass rusher, especially considering the Jags look at a specialized skill set for the Leo position that isn't as popular — so guys will fall due to being valued differently. As well as Geno's strengths catering very well to Jags new OC Jedd Fisch's style of offense: this all led me to Geno. I'm playing chess out here, don't worry about my pick. :smug:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson