JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

No way on earth would SA or IND blow out the other. That would be a good series.

The Heat vs the Spurs would be over shortly, I think. But I don't even care, I just hate Miami.

Let's go Pacers!

The Spurs would obliterate Indiana. Only reason the Pacers are doing well in this series is because they have Roy Hibbert and the Heat have no size.

• Upvote 1

Just like in game 1.

And I'm rooting for the Heat too. I'd like it if the finals wasn't a boring blowout.

I told people the Pacers would play with the Heat and take it 7. They'd play with the Spurs, too. Isn't it about time people stop underestimating this team? There's no way they beat the Knicks! Then they won fairly easily in 6. There's no way they play more than 5 with the Heat! We're watching game 7.

If they win, wait and see.

All these Heat players who couldn't hit a fucking barn in the first 6 games are all of a sudden making shots. It makes no sense. I fucking hate basketball when luck factors in. Just because it's a different day shouldn't make such a drastic difference in one game. Fuck this. I love basketball when it's fair, and that includes the officiating which has been awful in this game so far, but when it's like this--when the favoritism is blatant and obvious--I hate basketball. So much. Too many highs and lows.

• Downvote 7

It's only obvious to conspiracy nuts.

And you're seriously blaming luck for the Heat being able to hit shots. I mean, wow.

Like I said. Pacers gonna ask themselves what if about game 1. Coach cost them the series perhaps.

Edited by Thanatos19

All these Heat players who couldn't hit a fucking barn in the first 6 games are all of a sudden making shots. It makes no sense. I fucking hate basketball when luck factors in. Just because it's a different day shouldn't make such a drastic difference in one game. Fuck this. I love basketball when it's fair, and that includes the officiating which has been awful in this game so far, but when it's like this--when the favoritism is blatant and obvious--I hate basketball. So much. Too many highs and lows.

Why are you acting like players are lucky because they're outperforming their incredibly small sample sizes of struggling and ignoring their larger body of work that is a better representation of their actual talent level?

It's like you really believe that any time one team that you don't like outplays another it's only because the officiating is handing it to them.

Edited by NY Diehard
  • Upvote 1

Just looked at the numbers. Heat are 18-45, Pacers are 13-30.

Yeah, the Heat are suddenly hitting a lot of shots. :rolleyes:

Pacers need a miracle now in the second half.......

Oh and a Spurs/Heat finals does nothing for me. I will be forced to root for Spurs now but I hope this is not a repeat of last season when the Heat went to 7 with the Celtics then wiped the floor with the supposedly high powered/unstoppable Thunder. :( The Spurs have the experience factor on their side over the Thunder that's for sure but you know everyone will say "Lebron's revenge" for that finals with Cleveland.

On the plus side, Lebron is 0-2 so far in finals against teams from Texas.

Edited by Jules

:laugh:

You should probably just stop watching the NBA altogether, Bware. You're way too overdramatic about it. I don't see the point of watching if all you do is bitch non-stop about the officiating and luck. You literally have no time to enjoy the game lol.

• Upvote 1

Too bad.

Heat in 6.

Also too bad. :(

Not going to overly torture myself thinking about game 1. It will just hurt. :(

Pathetic performance tonight though, no sugar coating the Pacers night.

Great season for Indy, they will be back in the mix next year and won't go away.

Sigh......Heat in the finals yet again. Congrats to their fans though.

I think the Pacers were more lucky to have the Heat play that badly.

But lets pretend that this was all skill.

I'm sure you were very upset by that.

But that's just the point. The Pacers got a lucky break and then the coach made a poor decision at a critical time. That's the only way any team will beat the Heat in 7, outplaying them just isnt going to happen.

My point was more Bware complaining about how much he hates when luck factors into games. When I'm sure he didn't have much of a problem when luck was on the Pacers side.

A lot of double standard calls tonight. Hibbert and West got hacked/tackled a lot in the paint, which caused them to fumble away the ball for turnovers. Instead of them being turnovers, they need to be free throws for the Pacers. But it did take Indiana out of their game in the paint. I wouldn't care if the refs didn't call it whenever on Pacers did it and only on the Pacers mostly..

The Heat effort wise was a lot higher then the Pacers. The Heat made their shots early on to build the lead. Refs had some part to do with the Pacers turning the ball over in the paint, but the Heat outplayed them tonight.

Spurs Vs Heat. Both teams get a lot of calls and will be interesting to see how the games go down. Will it be a scoring fest? Or a tough defensive , grind it out, free throws impacted game?

• Downvote 1

yeah, the refs were awful tonight. There is no reason that Hibbert and George should have been in foul trouble, and George fouling out with 8 minutes left was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen. It wasn't going to matter, but it certainly could have, and it was just wrong overall.

Fuck the Miami Heat. I hate 'em.

Never thought I'd say this...

GO SPURS!

• Downvote 1

yeah, the refs were awful tonight. There is no reason that Hibbert and George should have been in foul trouble, and George fouling out with 8 minutes left was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen. It wasn't going to matter, but it certainly could have, and it was just wrong overall.

Fuck the Miami Heat. I hate 'em.

Never thought I'd say this...

GO SPURS!

I understand. Your like me, u call out things that people stubbornly want to ignore or not believe in.

Such as bad/ cheat reffing and etc. But you shouldn't take it out on the Heat personally. Fuck the refs. The Heat may benefit from it NOW, but in a couple of years, another team will have the refs cheat calls or make bad calls rather for them.

The Pacers got fucked over a bit tonight, but it wasn't the ONLY reason they lost. Had Indiana played a perfect game and still lost by free throws then maybe.

• Downvote 1

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill

Fifteen percent concentrated power of will

Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain

And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

:troll:

You knew it was going to happen. Just wish it was a better game.

Heat in 5...because...fuck the Spurs

Also I predicted all seven series in the East correctly in the beginning of the playoffs (winner wise). :smug:

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Fuck repeats but fuck the Spurs even more. Go Heat. :smug:

• Upvote 2