JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Eh, I tend to get sensitive with my Spurs because they are always criticized even though they are constantly one of the best teams in the league year in and year out.

First thing people say to me when I say I am a Spurs fan: "how?!? They are so boring!!!". Idiots, if you actually pay attention to the NBA you would know the Spurs have one of the most fluid and beautiful offenses in the league.

LA just wasn't a good matchup series for Danny. The Spurs are better than they were last year so I am pretty confident, but GSW also has the ability to beat anybody in the league due to their amazing outside shooting ability and their home crowd is incredible.

Edited by The Admiral

Guest Phailadelphia

Outside of Game 1, Ibaka has been garbage this series.

Guest Phailadelphia

Anyone else catch Garcia knee the shit out of KD's as he was trying to get off the floor? Towards the end of the 3rd quarter. Dirty.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Blotsfans moderately bold pick for tonight:

Thunder close it out.

Boom called it

Rockets with Lin: 0-4

Without Lin: 2-0

*waits for Bware to rage*

Outside of Game 1, Ibaka has been garbage this series.

What'd you think of Harden defending Ibaka so much? And with Garcia, I was watching it at a bar and didn't see his dirty play.

I found that Durant was a bit bitchy in this series. He wasn't constantly getting all of his calls and his temper flared a few times. That isn't him. He's calm and collected and I hope he regains the respectable form that I've seen for years now.

Overall, both Durant and Harden's "Superstar" calls were cut down, and I was happy about that in this series.

Jeremy Lin needs to be cut. Immediately. As soon as he checked into tonight's game, you could see the momentum swing. I hate that motherfucker.

Chandler Parsons was balling tonight. I wish they'd have given him the ball in the fourth.

I'm really pull for the Thunder this year, but I can't see it happening. With Westbrook out, the Heat seem to have a clear path to a 2nd straight ring. Maybe Rose can get his "muscle memory" back and the Bulls can make some noise.

It's been fun while it lasted. I'll be rooting for Knicks cause they seem like a team with the best chances to beat the Heat.

I'm really pull for the Thunder this year, but I can't see it happening. With Westbrook out, the Heat seem to have a clear path to a 2nd straight ring. Maybe Rose can get his "muscle memory" back and the Bulls can make some noise.

Bulls have no shot even if Rose comes back and is playing like he did in his MVP* season.

Guest Phailadelphia

What'd you think of Harden defending Ibaka so much? And with Garcia, I was watching it at a bar and didn't see his dirty play.

I found that Durant was a bit bitchy in this series. He wasn't constantly getting all of his calls and his temper flared a few times. That isn't him. He's calm and collected and I hope he regains the respectable form that I've seen for years now.

Overall, both Durant and Harden's "Superstar" calls were cut down, and I was happy about that in this series.

Jeremy Lin needs to be cut. Immediately. As soon as he checked into tonight's game, you could see the momentum swing. I hate that motherfucker.

Chandler Parsons was balling tonight. I wish they'd have given him the ball in the fourth.

I think it's truly pathetic that Ibaka couldn't take advantage of being guarded by Harden. And I say that absolutely loving Ibaka. He HAS to develop some post moves this summer to take advantage of that kind of mismatch though.

KD wasn't himself because his teammates weren't helping him after Westbrook went down.

Patrick Beverly is a dumb motherfucker.

Did he say something stupid in postgame or what?

Did he say something stupid in postgame or what?

Just his demeanor on the court. Attacking Westbrook (and injuring him) when he was taking a timeout and then coming full circle and going for the steal/jump ball in the final seconds of the series (twice) was fucking retarded. That little cunt can fuck off.

Just his demeanor on the court. Attacking Westbrook (and injuring him) when he was taking a timeout and then coming full circle and going for the steal/jump ball in the final seconds of the series (twice) was fucking retarded. That little cunt can fuck off.

Agreed 100% on the last bit, but still think he was just watching the ball with Westbrook. I don't think he had any intention of hurting anybody.

He's a rookie, and he's a small son of a bitch. Going 100% all the time is how he makes an impact.

What do Zack and Phail think about the idea of starting Reggie Jackson at PG and Russ at 2 next year? I've been quite impressed by Jackson so far.

So happy to see the Clippers eliminated :D. They're such little bitches that I just can't fathom the idea of them being too successful.

LAL may be the NBA's West Coast Title town, but LAC is Entitlement town. Fuckers.

Rot in hell, 2012-13 Clippers.

• Upvote 1

Thunders-Warriors WCF please.

That Beverley injuring Westbrook thing is way overblown. That stuff happens a lot, but it goes unnoticed because it hardly ever results in an injury. If Westbrook did that, people would say how they "love his competitive nature and how he won't quit until he hears a whistle." But because it was some rookie, he gets prosecuted for it.

Even though WB is one of my least favorite players in the league, along with Fisher and Jason Terry... I will never celebrate an injury to a competitor and incredible talent like him.

Looking forward to this game 7 between the Bulls/Nets. Could go either way.

Then the real fun starts...

BTW, ya'll on Twitter?

Edited by The Admiral
  • Upvote 1

Clips should fire Del Negro and hire Stan Van Gundy ASAP.

• Upvote 1

Agreed 100% on the last bit, but still think he was just watching the ball with Westbrook. I don't think he had any intention of hurting anybody.

He's a rookie, and he's a small son of a bitch. Going 100% all the time is how he makes an impact.

What do Zack and Phail think about the idea of starting Reggie Jackson at PG and Russ at 2 next year? I've been quite impressed by Jackson so far.

I didn't say he intended to injure him. The injury was a freak accident, but it happened because of something really stupid.

Indeed.

At least everyone knows how important Russell Westbrook is to that team now. He's never really gotten the credit he's deserved until now. I think Memphis is gonna beat them in 6 or 7, but with Westbrook the Thunder win in 5.

At least everyone knows how important Russell Westbrook is to that team now. He's never really gotten the credit he's deserved until now. I think Memphis is gonna beat them in 6 or 7, but with Westbrook the Thunder win in 5.

In 5 with Westbrook? No. Memphis is good. Very good.

Guest Phailadelphia

That would be some GOOD offense if Reggie improves his 3-point shooting, but neither he nor Westbrook are big enough to defend most SGs. Russ is strong as hell but a 6'3" he's going to have a tough time covering 6'5-6'6 SGs. I would love to see that kind of lineup during games though.

Guest Phailadelphia

That Beverley injuring Westbrook thing is way overblown. That stuff happens a lot, but it goes unnoticed because it hardly ever results in an injury. If Westbrook did that, people would say how they "love his competitive nature and how he won't quit until he hears a whistle." But because it was some rookie, he gets prosecuted for it.

Even though WB is one of my least favorite players in the league, along with Fisher and Jason Terry... I will never celebrate an injury to a competitor and incredible talent like him.

Looking forward to this game 7 between the Bulls/Nets. Could go either way.

Then the real fun starts...

BTW, ya'll on Twitter?

Yes, and I talk bball & football a lot. Follow me and I'll hit you back. @tlg35

I guarantee it is the exact opposite.

Guest Phailadelphia

OKC matches up extremely well with the Grizz even without Westbrook. Collison & Perk play excellent post defense on ZBo. Reggie and Thabo should be able to guard Conley effectively because they're both much bigger players. The x-factors here to me are Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka. Gasol is just ridiculously good and Ibaka will be much more comfortable in his role in this series. He doesn't have to guard any 3-point shooters and can go back to terrorizing anyone driving to the rim.

Most people are predicting the Grizzlies to take it due to Westbrook being out. Seeing a lot of Grizz in 5 or 6. I dunno about all that.

Either way, it's just a race to lose to the Heat for every team in the West.