Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

2013 Playoff Teams

This Bengals hype is getting to be too much lol. I think I might puke.

Not as bad the KC hype has been for what seems like years now...

Not as bad the KC hype has been for what seems like years now...

I dont know man, people are talking about the Bengals as if they have a shot of winning it all. They have been severely beaten every eyar they have been in the playoffs with Dalton at the helm. Now it is like,"Well with a young and emerging QB in DAlton this team will be contenders for years." Really? After the ass whoopins they have been handed now they are heralded as the kings of the north ?

As dire as things are looking for the steelers, they have proven they can regroup and make a strong push in any game, any division, at any time. The Ravens have also had their fair share of good fortune for 7 or 8 years now. The Bengals grab a wildcard two years in a row and get bounced by a team who goes on to get bounced the next round themselves and they are the kings all of the sudden ? Have they put together some good drafts ? Sure. However the curse with that is keeping that same team together. It wont happen, as evidenced by the Ravens. In the last few years we have lost probably right around 20 starters for us. We are very fortunate to have a strong FO. Mike Brown has a long way to go before he is in that category.

As far as the chiefs there is reason for the hype imo. The do have talent EVERYWHERE besides the QB position. And unfortunately in today's league that and a nickel gets you a cup of coffee. Now I LOVE what they have done. They have made it to where if they can get a franchise guy they are almost immediately dangerous. They have a talented secondary with FA additions and Flowers and Berry. Their LB's took a hit because of the Belcher foolishness but Johnson and Houston are not a bad start, their D line has some talent. Their o line also has some talent, they need some help at TE, At receiver they have legit starters, and if they had a QB I think Baldwin could surprise some people, they have a great RB tandem. They have talent to where if they could get a QB they would be shitting in high cotton. Now does that mean shit ? No not really, not without a QB anyway. That said if they can establish stability with a HC and a QB they could turn around very fast.

The Bengals have proven even with talent they will find a way to lose. I mean for a while they had J-Jo and Leon hall, which in my mind 3 and 4 years ago was the most talented tandem in the league. They had good receivers and now they have a great one and massive potential with Eifert. They still lose. This is getting to be the rhetoric every year and it is getting tiring to hear about,"They just put the North on notice." Really... :rolleyes:

I'd take the Bengals before the Chiefs, at least Cincinnati has shown they can semi live up to some hype while people rave over Kansas City's talent and they respond by going 2-14 and getting the #1 overall pick.

I can't believe we are debating the Panthers and the Bucs :facepalm:

NFC should be:

Giants

Falcons

Packers

Seahawka

49ers

Saints

In no particular order.

AFC Should be

Patriots

Steelers

Texans

Broncos

Bengals

Dolphins (I really think they have a good shot this year..)

I'm not counting anyone out of the NFC South, but it just doesn't seem practical to me for the Falcons to fall off much from last year, they've upgraded pretty much everywhere on the field that had a question mark at it aside from linebacker. As long as Matt Ryan doesn't choke, they should win the division - however, we know that can go either way.

You act like the Bengals are all hype though. They have a young defense that keeps getting better and now offensively they added a more explosive back in the draft and with those two huge TE's, and AJ Green and Sanu on the outside they can be very dangerous even with Dalton at QB.

When they can actually win in the playoffs then I will concede they are a team to be feared. I will stand by that.

When they can actually win in the playoffs then I will concede they are a team to be feared. I will stand by that.

I can understand that but in this thread people are picking them to get in as a WC lol. Not too unreasonable.

• Upvote 1

In a 16 game schedule where two teams play the same teams, playing two games against the #1 and #3 scoring defense that the other team doesn't play against does not make your schedule much tougher?

It makes no sense to try to excuse Free's turnovers by highlighting that they came against 2 opponents because if anything, outside of one season, Freeman throwing a low of interceptions has been the norm, especially when he starts having to carry the majority of the load on offense. Same goes with him all the sudden playing more consistent, unless of course, if he has the running game all season to take the load off him.

How exactly do you come to the conclusion that one offense is so much better then the other when they had relatively the same offense stats (with the Panthers playing better defenses) this past season and the Panthers had a better offense then the Bucs the year before?

Is it because of injuries and the guy's coming back from injuries on your offense and team? Because injuries don't/won't happen to everyone? Because the Panthers didn't have any injuries to deal with last year either?

Seems to me like a lot of reaching. :shrug:

The Vikings made the playoffs over the Bears and the Seahawks made the playoffs over the Rams. They cancel each other out. Both teams had to face one that made the playoffs and one that didn't. The Seahawks and Bears combined are harder than the Vikings and Rams combined, but it really isn't much of a difference at all lol.

To your second paragraph, I agree about that with Freeman which is why I am saying getting Nicks and Joseph back will be so important. They're both maulers who will make our run blocking a lot more consistent for Doug, who should have another great season next year, and put less pressure on Freeman to do everything. Also, knowing that the pass defense can actually make a stop now that we improved the secondary should take pressure off of Freeman.

I know every team has injuries, but last year, the Bucs got hit very hard. I'm pretty sure we set a record for having the highest percentage of our cap space on IR for a season. Nicks, Joseph, Clayborn, Bowers and Wright all missed a significant amount of time and they should all be contributors this season (especially the first 4).

And the Panthers were missing a pro-bowl center and a pro-bowl tackle, (Kalil and Gross). Don't play the injury game with me, bro, it doesn't mean squat. You're always going to have injuries.

Cam's going to have to learn a new system? Why is that, exactly? We promoted a guy from our own ranks who was his QB coach to the OC. Shula is just going to continue to do what Chud did.

You can check my response to D-Mac about the injuries. Everyone gets hit with them, but the Bucs got it really bad last year. I did forget about Gross getting hurt too though so the Panthers definitely got hit pretty bad too.

This Bengals hype is getting to be too much lol. I think I might puke.

Amen. It happens every few years, then they Bungle things up. I'd rather see them succeed over the Steelers or Ravens though. Ohio Brothers Unite!

This whole Bucs/Panthers argument just is silly to me. We're arguing over stats and injuries from last year when things were just too close to call. I think both teams are missing some things to keep them over the top, but both of them have enough to get to the playoffs if things fall into place.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the fact that both teams have enough to get to the playoffs. The Bucs I can give a pass on that. I don't think the Panthers are at playoff potential, not even close. I love what Tampa Bay is doing with the football team, and every year I end up projecting them higher than what they finish. Carolina has too many question marks. Cam Newton is a stud, and they have a couple pieces on defense, but I don't think Steve Smith is the same guy he was - not even the same as Newtons rookie year. Stewart and Williams have looked like slouches since their big contract signings, and I'm not confident enough in their secondary to believe that they could out play any of the receivers in their division. Perhaps I'm just biased, but that's how I look at it and I don't think I'm far off.

:NFC:

1. Packers (13-3)

2. Seahawks (12-4)

3. Falcons (11-5)

4. Giants (11-5)

5. 49ers (11-5)

6. Saints (10-6)

:AFC:

1. Patriots (14-2)

2. Broncos (13-3)

3. Texans (11-5)

4. Steelers (11-5)