Favre4Ever

Mafia: CLUE Edition

I am revealing my role here in the hopes of ending this nightmare.

Mrs. Peacock's continued insistence on the fault of either me or Dr. Gray, well, I believe it is cover for her own dark secret. The little woman is not just a gentle innocent old lady. She is the mafia godfather. How do I know this? I have the genuine pleasure of being our "roleblocker." What this means is that I choose one person during the night and I prevent them from being able to carry out whatever they would have done.

Last night, I chose Mrs. Peacock because my suspicions were already aroused on her insistent and immediate attempt to throw blame my way. No murder occurs. Thus, there is an overwhelming probability that she is the mafia godfather.

(I don't know how to do this in character, but the only way Cuda isn't the other mafia member is if the doctor correctly guessed the person who the real mafia tried to kill, and Favre classifies this as "nothing happened." I would think, if this were the case, that we would see the doctor saving the person's life or something, and not a simple "nothing happened during the night" which we would see if I succeeded in blocking Cuda from carrying out a murder.)

Vote: Barracuda

Edited by Thanatos19

Now that is a possibility but there are other scenarios as well that could be plausible. Such as there being a successful doctor and you potentially blocking a cop or other town aligned power role. However if you are telling the truth your story would be more likely.

Now if we flip the chessboard around, and you are a mafia member how does outing Mrs Peacock benefit you? If he turns out to be a member of town, you paint a massive target on yourself which is not a good idea. If he turns out to be a member of mafia, you get people to believe that you are a town aligned roleblocker and put the heat off you.

In either case, I feel like if we lynch Mrs Peacock that's not the worst thing we can do at the moment. However, I want to give her a chance to defend herself. If we can gain no other leads, this would be a safe bet. If she's town, Professor Plum becomes our number one target. If not, we're one step closer to being free of this terror.

That's what I said. The only way Mrs. Peacock is not the killer is if the doctor was successful and I blocked someone else. But I would think that if this is the case, the description of what happened at night would be different. Even if that's not so, and Favre would say the same thing, there is still a large probability that she is the killer as the only other scenario where someone doesn't die is if the doctor correctly guesses who the mafia was targeting, (there is only a 10% chance of this happening, however, which means there is a 90% chance that Mrs. Peacock is the killer).

The only way there is a less than 90% chance is if the doctor somehow had a lead on who the mafia was targeting, as this would throw off the percentages.

And were I the mafia, coming out like this would be incredibly stupid, as obviously I become the #1 target if Mrs. Peacock is not the mafia.

I would also say that if we take out Mrs. Peacock and she is the mafia, but this terror is still not over, I am going to need the protection of the doctor, obviously.

(I don't think there should be 3 mafia with only 12 people, but it is a possibility. Keep in mind we've already found one: Vin. Statistically, were Cuda and I both mafia, it would be stupid to out him at this point, as we would have a far less chance of winning overall.)

Edited by Thanatos19

I am revealing my role here in the hopes of ending this nightmare.

Mrs. Peacock's continued insistence on the fault of either me or Dr. Gray, well, I believe it is cover for her own dark secret. The little woman is not just a gentle innocent old lady. She is the mafia godfather. How do I know this? I have the genuine pleasure of being our "roleblocker." What this means is that I choose one person during the night and I prevent them from being able to carry out whatever they would have done.

Last night, I chose Mrs. Peacock because my suspicions were already aroused on her insistent and immediate attempt to throw blame my way. No murder occurs. Thus, there is an overwhelming probability that she is the mafia godfather.

(I don't know how to do this in character, but the only way Cuda isn't the other mafia member is if the doctor correctly guessed the person who the real mafia tried to kill, and Favre classifies this as "nothing happened." I would think, if this were the case, that we would see the doctor saving the person's life or something, and not a simple "nothing happened during the night" which we would see if I succeeded in blocking Cuda from carrying out a murder.)

Vote: Barracuda

D6CY3V0.gif

While you pose a valid case my dear fellow, I shall wait to hear Mrs Peacock's defense before I condemn her to the gallows.

There is another possibility I forgot to mention, since I wasn't even sure if it was possible. And that is the Mafia decided to not target anyone during the night phase. I'd say that's even less likely though.

I just thought of that myself, but more along the lines of the mafia failed to inform Favre of who they were going to kill. We need to immediately look at the people involved in this game and see who did not log on during the night phase.

Edit: No good. Everyone appears to have done so. So if the Mafia did not kill someone, it was intentional, which I find highly unlikely.

Edited by Thanatos19

I didn't have a chance to voice my opinion earlier, but I agree with Professor Plum in that Mrs. Peacock is almost definitely a mafia member. Mister Green immediately brought the fiber wire into question and he turned out to be mafia. The only person to follow his lead was Mrs. Peacock, who began to place blame on Professor Plum and myself by saying we would have had the likeliest access to the wire. One mafia member gets the ball rolling by bringing it up while the next chimes in to lend credence to the argument and attempt to have innocent townspeople lynched.

Now that Plum has revealed his role and his findings, I feel that it is a certainty that Mrs. Peacock is a mafia member.

Vote: Mrs. Peacock (Barracuda)

Vote: Mrs. Peacock

If Mrs. Peacock is innocent, Professor Plum is next for wrongfully implicating her.

There's not much I can do but deny the allegations brought against me. The only reason I brought up both Dr. Gray and Professor Plums names was because the lack of a mafia kill. Had someone been killed we would have at least an educated guess as to who the mafia actually is. Therefore I threw out those names with the goal of just generating conversation. Which it has, unfortunately not in my favor.

It doesn't really matter what I say I will be lynched either today or tomorrow.

You brought up my name the very first day, trying to throw blame on me by implying that I had slipped out and killed our dear host.

What this whole story is getting at though, is that after I stopped him I looked over and noticed that one chair at the other end was empty. Professor Plum was nowhere to be found.

I noticed him quietly slip back in the room after several minutes. He looked a little jumpy.

And then again, later on during the course of our conversation, you said

My question would be why the murderer left the weapon at the scene of the crime.

Fiber wire has many uses in both the medical and scientific fields. These would be things readily available to Dr. Gray and Professor Plum. More so than to the rest of us at least.

This is the only reason why I brought up the Professors absence from the table earlier. I didn't think much of it until recently.

So that is twice you attempted to implicate me and once you went after both me and Dr. Gray prior to last night. So don't say that the only reason you brought up our names was because of the lack of a mafia kill.

Edited by Thanatos19

I think the town can't go wrong here. If we lynch Mrs Peacock and she appears to be a townie, Professor Plum is next in line and we get rid of another mafia member. I think Professor Plum is smart enough to know he's risking his life when his role is revealed, so I think he's not lying.

Vote: Mrs Peacock (Barracuda)

(As an aside, it takes 6 votes to kill, yes? There are only 10 players left).

I think by mafia rules you only need 5, right?

Since you take the majority of those left, but the accused doesn't count. So 5/9?

Not sure how we're doing it though.

I thought it was the majority of all players. The first day was 7/12. It would make sense now if it was 6/10.

Edited by Sarge

If it took 7/12 people to lynch at the beginning, it should take 6 now. I guess we're going with >50%.

sarge beat me

Edited by housemd

Alrighty then, didn't think about that. So yeah, we need six.

Although I am not 100% sure that Old Mrs Peacock is mafia, the fact she has however just thrown out names left right and centre with out care is a little bit suspect. I happen to believe Professor Plum on this occasion about his role therefore:

Vote:Cuda

VOTE : Arz

This guy only shows up to vote for people, then disappears. He is mafia, going with my gut here.

Edited by Bucman

You brought up my name the very first day, trying to throw blame on me by implying that I had slipped out and killed our dear host.

And then again, later on during the course of our conversation, you said

So that is twice you attempted to implicate me and once you went after both me and Dr. Gray prior to last night. So don't say that the only reason you brought up our names was because of the lack of a mafia kill.

It wasn't for any particular reason that I decided to throw your name out. It was just random, playing along with the story. Since there was no kill later I went back to that because there was no reasonable guess as to who the mafia was. I wasn't really implicating you just getting the game moving as is done at the very beginning when it's just a crapshoot.

VOTE : Arz

This guy only shows up to vote for people, then disappears. He is mafia, going with my gut here.

We can go after Lady Ash next if Professor Plum is telling the truth. We need to have a united vote. Inactivity only helps the mafia.

Poor defense Cuda. I hate to drop the hammer but...

Vote: Cuda

oh well I just happened to pick on the wrong person. lmao. My luck I guess.

The game I don't believe ends with me though.

I need doctor's protection if Cuda isn't the last mafia.

Mrs. Peacock was frantic... The paranoia had kept her awake most of the evening. She lay there, in bed, and in a pool of her own sweat pondering her next move.

It seemed the house guests were catching onto her little ruse... But was it just all a figment of her imagination? She wasn't sure, but knew she couldn't take the chance of being found out by her fellow house guests.

She couldn't handle the embarrassment... She couldn't afford a lengthy trial or even the confines of prison. No, that simply wasn't her style. If she was going to going out, she would do so on her own accord.

She got out of bed, calmed herself down and got herself ready just as she would any other morning outside of the estate. It was quiet, just like it was at home without her dear husband, as she got dressed and spritzed herself with rose oil.

She glided out of her room for the final time, down the grand staircase, out the front door, and entered the gardens.

As she strangled our dear host, Sir Auro, she caught a glance of the most beautiful pool in the center of the garden, surrounded by rose bushes in full bloom.

It was here that it would end....

Mrs. Peacock dove into the pool with excellent form for her age, and traveled slowly to the bottom. There, she found a drain... She undid one side of her golden cat brooch around her collar, and clipped it around the drain.

A strong gust filled the air, and the waves unclipped her brooch fromm the drain. Mrs. Peacock slowly floated to the surface as rose petals began to land beside her in the water.

She didn't fight her fate... She didn't run from the light. She embraced it. Because once again and for eternity thereafter, she could be in the loving arms of her husband once more.

Mrs. Peacock | Mafia Don | Lynched

Day Phase II has Ended.

Night Phase II has Begun.

All role players, please send me your roles.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

The guests had moved outside and were in the gardens surrounding the pool where Mrs. Peacock continued to lay. Most of them were in a state of shock, but the range of emotions on those faces were expansive. Anger, disgust, befuddlement, pity...

The rest of the house guests had quietly shuffled back into the house for lunch. However, everyone grieved in their own ways, and it was Master Sergeant Pine who was the last man standing at the edge of the pool. He couldn't idolize Peacock for her actions, but he did admire her ambition... There was something she wanted, and she reached out to grab it.

If he could do the same, figuratively, he may not be at the estate at all. If he could reach out and grab it, literally... He may have survived that afternoon.

A smooth buzzing passed over his left shoulder and just barely grazed his cheek as an arrow had found it's way into the back of Mrs. Peacock.

Pine quickly turned around where he stood and scanned the area. He was alone on the grounds of the estate, but then he glanced up. The glare of the sun at high noon significantly impeded his vision, but he could still make out an outline of a hooded figure on the roof of the estate -- the figures cloak whisped and curled in the wind high above.

It came so quickly, Pine had little time to react... One arrow was shot, buzzing and slicing through the air like butter. The arrow found it's target and lodged itself into Pine's chest over his heart, but not piercing the vital organ.

Pine was dazed, but still very much conscious... The marksman gripped the bow more tightly, and lurched the bowstrings back further and stronger than they had been when he fired his second shot just a moment ago. Quickly and without hesitation, he released the arrow from it's temporary resting spot...

Time slowed to a crawl for Pine. Out of the bright obstruction that was the Sun, Pine saw the arrow soaring -- tracking it on its path towards him. In this brief fraction of a second his life flashed before his eyes... Growing up on the military bases, dreaming of being a soldier one day, dedicating his life to the craft of protecting others, and saving the lives of countless people....

It was in this brief fraction of a second that Pine realized he couldn't lament on what had happened or what he would next... Instead, he should be satisfied with living out his dream and becoming a great man and upstanding citizen in society -- much like his father.

Time un-slowed, and the arrow found it's mark. It found the exact middle of the 2nd arrow, still lodged into Pine's chest. It split the arrow in two, piercing harder, stronger, and deeper than the second arrow had. The arrow came to a stop, finding harbor in Master Sergeant Pine's heart.

He took a final breath and his eyes glazed over briefly before rolling back into his head as he fell backwards into the pool alongside Mrs. Peacock.

Master Sergeant Pine (BucMan) | Vanilla Town | Murdered

Night Phase II has ended.

Day Phase III has begun.

With 8 players remaining, it will take 5 votes to lynch.I'll give it until Thurs PM or early Fri Afternoon.

Edited by Favre4Ever