Dutch

Adrian Peterson: A Legend is born

This is a video of the best running back in the league, Adrian Peterson; arguably the #1 rated player in the league and his miraculous comeback as he continues to build his nfl legacy. It's a great watch. It's fan made. Much props to the creator.

http://vimeo.com/86387087

Adrian Peterson is easily one of the most electrifying players in the league. Adrian Peterson season last year was nothing short of miraculous. He put a huge stamp on his legacy last year. What he's been able to do in his first 6 years in the league is just phenomenal. Here is how A.P is stacking up against an all time great; my favorite running back of all time.

3IDO8tt.jpg

Those numbers are very close and are in fact in Adrian Petersons favor. What most people don't realize is that we are watching a great; an all time great in the making. He's one of "those" players. The one's that may come around once every decade or so. I don't believe the league has ever seen anyone like Adrian Peterson. The combination of his size, speed, strength and agility all in one. He is a true freak of nature. I have a true appreciation for players like this; having the privilege of watching them perform because when it's all said and done and I'm old watching higlights, I can say, "He's was a great one.... I got to watch him play."

Edited by dutchff7
Fixed the video link

So glad I've been watching AD run since his rookie year. Even drafted him early that year and people thought I was crazy. :cool:

Was the 2nd best back in fantasy that year. Averaged 5.6 a pop his rookie year.

Edited by Bay

Once he demolished the Chargers and ran for like 270 yards in that game, I was a believer.

Once he demolished the Chargers and ran for like 270 yards in that game, I was a believer.

Me too. In my own mind (in the very back where I forced myself to throw out logic and the fact he was a rookie), he dethroned L.T in that game. I can't even imagine the gratification of featuring in the same game to someone you watched and looked up to,out play them AND set a new NFL rushing record. Not to mention in your rookie season. That's Boss.

Edited by dutchff7

I remember the day I saw the birth of a legend. Me and some friends were watching him against the bears. That whole day is imprinted in my mind because of that game. WE got some killians red and a shrimp tempura rolls and went back to my place to watch the game.

He ran for 224 that day with 3 touchdowns and I looked at a friend of mine ans said he will be the best that the game has ever seen and there wont be another like him until we have the flying skateboards from back to the future. He said it was one game and nobody could dethrone barry.

6 years later I still stand behind that. I think when he is done he will be the best the league has ever seen. I also believe he will be the first RB ever to rush for 2K twice. I think after last year he stands a good chance of making that come true in back to back seasons.

Adrian Peterson. You are ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

I remember the day I saw the birth of a legend. Me and some friends were watching him against the bears. That whole day is imprinted in my mind because of that game. WE got some killians red and a shrimp tempura rolls and went back to my place to watch the game.

He ran for 224 that day with 3 touchdowns and I looked at a friend of mine ans said he will be the best that the game has ever seen and there wont be another like him until we have the flying skateboards from back to the future. He said it was one game and nobody could dethrone barry.

6 years later I still stand behind that. I think when he is done he will be the best the league has ever seen. I also believe he will be the first RB ever to rush for 2K twice. I think after last year he stands a good chance of making that come true in back to back seasons.

Adrian Peterson. You are ridiculous.

I share your sentiments exactly. I also believe he will be the first RB to ever rush for 2,000 yards twice and he will wind up being the best RB of all time; even surpassing my favorite football player of all time Barry Sanders. He is just a monstrosity at the RB position. The way he is built combined with his god given attributes IS nothing like we've ever seen. He runs like a machine.

Want to hear a funny anecdote? Too bad.

So if you lived in the Bay area at that time and had directtv they covered local games with local announcers. Anyways, they cut away from the end of the 4th in that one deciding some closer game was more important. Only to have the same company advertise a year later that if I had directtv I could've saw the end of that game... fuck directtv I hate your company model.

And as for the comparisons between him and other legends, I must point to his fumbles. He makes his own fans nervous and that is his hurdle to being a legend. That being said, he's on his way. But the next time you see an AP/Barry/GOAT thing, look into turnovers.

I think his turnovers have been under control as of late. :shrug:

And as for the comparisons between him and other legends, I must point to his fumbles. He makes his own fans nervous and that is his hurdle to being a legend. That being said, he's on his way. But the next time you see an AP/Barry/GOAT thing, look into turnovers.

Adrian Peterson hasn't had a fumbling problem since 2009. I also believe Barry fumbled the ball like 9 times his rookie year if I'm not mistaken.

Adrian Peterson is a tremendous talent and he stumps defenses every time he takes the field. What he did last season was unbelievable and to see how well he did coming off a debilitating injury was inspirational. He'll definitely be in the Hall of Fame one day.

So if you lived in the Bay area at that time and had directtv they covered local games with local announcers. Anyways, they cut away from the end of the 4th in that one deciding some closer game was more important. Only to have the same company advertise a year later that if I had directtv I could've saw the end of that game... fuck directtv I hate your company model.

Lets look into turnovers then. Through All Days first 6 seasons he has 26 fumbles. Barry Sanders had 28. Sanders also had 10 fumbles in a year. Sanders struggled with fumbles early in his career but corrected the problem much like AD has done.

• Upvote 1

One of the greatest games I have ever seen in person! He actually went for 296 rushing yards with 3 TDs and averaged something crazy like 10 yards a carry. Hes not human....

wow.... knew he was the best in the game today, but of all time?? Thank you sir this is truley an eye opener much respect to AP the MACHINE

Peterson is the next one that when kids say, "Man (insert future RB's name here) is a beast! (or whatever the catchy name will be then) He's gotta be the best ever. Hands down." we'll say, "yeah, but you never got to see Adrian Peterson."

I've only seen one other back in my lifetime that, when he ran for almost 90 yards in a game, it was a disappointment. The Vikings' last game of the year, he had 87 yards against GB I believe, and people were talking about how GB finally found a way to shut him down. Giving up 87 yards is shutting him down. That's something to say.

Here is how he stacks up against Jim Brown first 6 seasons (76 games, didn't want to try and figure out the stats he had minus the final 3 games of his 6th season. Damn AP is a phenom.

76 Games

7459 YDS

4.97 YPC

70 TD

I've only seen one other back in my lifetime that, when he ran for almost 90 yards in a game, it was a disappointment. The Vikings' last game of the year, he had 87 yards against GB I believe, and people were talking about how GB finally found a way to shut him down. Giving up 87 yards is shutting him down. That's something to say.

He had 87 yards against the Texans, but the next week he went on to tear the Packers apart for 199 yards , 1 rushing TD, and a receiving TD.

AP was pretty much unstoppable this past season. If we had a better QB, holy shit out offense would be amazing.

He had 87 yards against the Texans, but the next week he went on to tear the Packers apart for 199 yards , 1 rushing TD, and a receiving TD.

AP was pretty much unstoppable this past season. If we had a better QB, holy shit out offense would be amazing.

This is only half true... AP looked pretty mortal for about the first 5,6 games...

Actually more like 66% true... Or something like that...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

This is only half true... AP looked pretty mortal for about the first 5,6 games...

Actually more like 66% true... Or something like that...

A.P's mortal is still god like.

• Upvote 1

Do you also find it as big a coincidence as I do that AP also lost to Barry in the polls for the new Madden 25 game in the final round, crazy huh?

PS. Barry Sanders is the best back of all time and AP will be the 2nd best and I am a big fan of his too even if he does plays for the rival Vikings. -Lionsfan317

Do you also find it as big a coincidence as I do that AP also lost to Barry in the polls for the new Madden 25 game in the final round, crazy huh?

PS. Barry Sanders is the best back of all time and AP will be the 2nd best and I am a big fan of his too even if he does plays for the rival Vikings. -Lionsfan317

Barry is my favorite player of all time in all but I think it deserved to go to Adrian Peterson. I believe the players that are currently active and had great seasons deserve the privilege to be on the cover. Not someone that is retired.

Edited by dutchff7

Computer: hundreds of dollars.

Lions shirt, cap, and underwear: three dollars and forty-nine cents.

Responding to your own post with uber-homerness: Priceless.

:troll:

• Upvote 1

Barry is my favorite player of all time in all but I think it deserved to go to Adrian Peterson. I believe the players that are currently active and had great seasons deserve the privilege to be on the cover. Not someone that is retired.

Yeah, but Barry retired before they were putting players on Madden. If any living retiree deserves to be on the cover of Madden, doesn't it HAVE to be Barry?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but Barry retired before they were putting players on Madden. If any living retiree deserves to be on the cover of Madden, doesn't it HAVE to be Barry?

I think it should be an active players privilege exclusively. For players currently putting in work, putting together great seasons to be rewarded being able to grace the cover of Madden. Now that they've opened the door to retirees, I could think of a ton of great retirees that would win over current NFL players. It's not fair and now they are no parameters allowing retirees on the cover. What determines which retiree gets selected next? The list can go on and on. It should be an active player exclusive privilege. Keeps it simple.

I think it should be an active players privilege exclusively. For players currently putting in work, putting together great seasons to be rewarded being able to grace the cover of Madden. Now that they've opened the door to retirees, I could think of a ton of great retirees that would win over current NFL players. It's not fair and now they are no parameters allowing retirees on the cover. What determines which retiree gets selected next? The list can go on and on. It should be an active player exclusive privilege. Keeps it simple.

I don't see how this is any less simple with retired players. Beside that, Everyone knows about Barry. Little kids who have never seen him play know that Barry was BARRY. Those same kids aren't voting in Roger Staubach or Derrick Thomas. I see no problem with letting Barry get a little props on being one of the best to ever do it. Thanksgiving changed after he left the NFL.