Detroit-3.6%

Wizards-3.5%

Wolves-1.7%

Portland-1.1%

Philly-0.8%

Raptors-0.7%

Mavs-0.6%

Jazz-0.5%

the Raptors pick goes to the Thunder unless the Raptors pick lands in the top 3 (I think-Raptors sent it to Houston during the Lowry trade and then Houston sent it to OKC in the Harden deal), so most likely the Thunder are adding another good young player.

Edited by BradyFan81

Nerlens has to go to New Orleans. He just has to.

Guest Phailadelphia

How sick would OKC at #4 be? PLEASE BASKETBALL GODS.

Phail I'm pretty sure the raptors pick is protected so you don't get it if it's top 3. And it's not possible for it to be 4

Edit: yeah it's 12-14. Most likely 12

Edited by blotsfan

I'm not sure if Noel is the best prize for the #1 pick like the past drafts have had, the obvious #1 picks (Davis, Wall, Griffin, Irving). He's still a good prize though.

Most people tend to think if it is rigged then Orlando or Sacramento will be getting it. I want Minnesota or Portland to win personally. How sweet of a nucleus would Portland have with Lillard, Batum, LMA, and Noel?

Phail I'm pretty sure the raptors pick is protected so you don't get it if it's top 3. And it's not possible for it to be 4

Yeah he knows it's top 3 protected. Why can't it be 4 though?

Edited by BradyFan81

The NBA only picks 3 teams to be top 3. After that, it's just the remaining teams in order of record.

Oh. That makes sense then.

That's pretty stupid though, I don't like that. So when they're revealing the teams and you see a team that should be next has been skipped you know they're at least top 3? like say it goes from utah to toronto and skips dallas, dallas is automatially top 3?

You've just ruined the lottery for me blots.

Edited by BradyFan81

Sorry. Usually when that happens the announcers mention that, so I don't know how you've never noticed.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Multiple lottery victories were included in the blood oath signed by Stern and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert that led to Gilbert dropping tampering charges against the Heat. Had Gilbert continued his crusade, the Heat's 2011 Southeast Division title would have been vacated, and LeBron may have been Chris Webber'd out of history. Nerlens Noel is a small price to pay to prevent that.

There is absolutely no way that the lottery isn't rigged. Jesus Christ. If you've won it within the last 5 years, you should be out of the running for the top 3 picks.

• Downvote 2

There is absolutely no way that the lottery isn't rigged. Jesus Christ. If you've won it within the last 5 years, you should be out of the running for the top 3 picks.

:rofl: That would be really stupid.

I want Shabazz so bad in a Pistons uniform. IDC what anyone says, I saw this guy play first hand at the McDonald all star game. He's gonna be a steal. Him or CJ McCollum.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Ok. I'm gonna make this clear: the lottery isn't rigged. The lottery is run by Ernst&Young, not the NBA. They are one of the biggest companies in the US. Their yearly revenue could buy you every team in the NBA. They are not going to put their reputation on the line to rig the lottery.

Also Bware, in the shoutbox you said that the lottery shouldn't exist and it should just be the worst team every year. Would you be ok with a team being bad 2 years in a row getting the top pick twice? Or hell, having awful seasons 5 years apart isn't enough to get two top picks? That idea is insane.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

LMAO... The same company that just paid off the feds to drop a TWO BILLION dollar fraud case and the same company that advises other multi-billion dollar entities on how to evade taxes runs the NBA Lottery? :rofl:

You have a corrupt multi-billion dollar empire working for the most corrupt sports league on the planet and we are supposed to just pretend like everything is legit? I am not sure how that logic works.

Maybe we can say the same thing for other sports, but above all others, the NBA reallllllly seems by and large... scripted. The Lottery isn't an exception to that, especially knowing it is run by a bunch of crooks.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I'm glad the Cavs got the first overall, but this year there is no consensus #1 pick. Many Cavs fans want Noel Nerlens. Dude is 6'11" at 203lbs with a knee injury. While the knee isnt a huge deal, with Clevelands luck, it will be.

Also many are excited that with our core of talented players, LeBron might opt out to come back to a team with a solid base to win for many years to come. In Miami, they're largely older guys (Wade has a lot of miles on him). We'll see.

Fuck everyone talking Conspiracy. There are teams with more money, in larger markets that lost superstars.

Ok. I'm gonna make this clear: the lottery isn't rigged. The lottery is run by Ernst&Young, not the NBA. They are one of the biggest companies in the US. Their yearly revenue could buy you every team in the NBA. They are not going to put their reputation on the line to rig the lottery.

Also Bware, in the shoutbox you said that the lottery shouldn't exist and it should just be the worst team every year. Would you be ok with a team being bad 2 years in a row getting the top pick twice? Or hell, having awful seasons 5 years apart isn't enough to get two top picks? That idea is insane.

How about this? No team can get a top 3 pick two years in a row. That simple. Move the second times back to the four and above spots and move teams up.

LMAO... The same company that just paid off the feds to drop a TWO BILLION dollar fraud case and the same company that advises other multi-billion dollar entities on how to evade taxes runs the NBA Lottery? :rofl:

E&Y has so many controls in play, I used to work for them. I don't know how much you know about the company or the story in general, but E&Y are far from crooks. I've not only worked for them, they also do independent audits for my current company - a fortune 500 company and I can assure you they're not advising us on how to evade taxes.

You can word the payment to the government anyway you want, but in reality they admitted to wrongful conduct by some of its partners and employees from 1999 to 2004 (A fucking Decade ago) mostly pre Sarbanes–Oxley. It was something like 4 employees. I think you'll find a number of employees in any large company attempting to commit fraud. You think a few employees should cause a full company to undergo criminal chargers or label said company corrupt? Actions of a few, man.

What E&Y did is not an uncommon practice for companies that had employees promoting over the edge-tax-shelters 10-20 years ago. There are still companies under litigation due to the to tax shelter fiasco of the 90's and 2000s.

Here is Apple's CEO talking about the use of tax shelters: http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Apple+defends+taxshelter/8416821/story.html

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Fuck everyone talking Conspiracy. There are teams with more money, in larger markets that lost superstars.

Yep. This conspiracy bullshit is just that...bullshit.

How about this? No team can get a top 3 pick two years in a row. That simple. Move the second times back to the four and above spots and move teams up.

Has there been a team like that in recent years since the lotto? I honestly don't know.

E&Y has so many controls in play, I used to work for them. I don't know how much you know about the company or the story in general, but E&Y are far from crooks. I've not only worked for them, they also do independent audits for my current company - a fortune 500 company and I can assure you they're not advising us on how to evade taxes.

You can word the payment to the government anyway you want, but in reality they admitted to wrongful conduct by some of its partners and employees from 1999 to 2004 (A fucking Decade ago) mostly pre Sarbanes–Oxley. It was something like 4 employees. I think you'll find a number of employees in any large company attempting to commit fraud. You think a few employees should cause a full company to undergo criminal chargers or label said company corrupt? Actions of a few, man.

What E&Y did is not an uncommon practice for companies that had employees promoting over the edge-tax-shelters 10-20 years ago. There are still companies under litigation due to the to tax shelter fiasco of the 90's and 2000s.

Here is Apple's CEO talking about the use of tax shelters: http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Apple+defends+taxshelter/8416821/story.html

When you evade 2 billion dollars worth of taxes by paying off 100 million dollars... Sorry, but that isn't right. They aren't a beacon of integrity like Blots or you make them sound. Now a couple of things with that, most companies that large do do that, so it's not like they are the only ones, of course.

Maybe it is also normal for a company of their size to be involved in the number of settlements that they have been in. They got their asses bailed out after working for the Lehman brothers, which is a crock. And I have not seen a resolution to the google and amazon tax evasions claims yet, so that looks TBD.

Again.. Does this mean the lottery is rigged? Of course not. And I am sure you were extremely high up in E&Y as to where you were privy to all of the fraud, tax evasions, crooked dealings, and theft -- but to keep the whole conspiracy train a going you then have a perfect reason not to talk about it, thus your defense of them. They will kill you if you actually say what you want, and I don't blame you for valuing your life. :p

E&Y is not a good moral compass, and they are not beyond rigging the lottery -- whether it actually is or not.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I wasn't trying to make a claim about the integrity of the company as a whole. I'm pointing out that the risk to their reputation is not worth however much the NBA pays them. They make $24 billion a year. Being corrupt for the sake of $2 billion? I buy that. Being corrupt for the sake of $10million, or whatever the NBA pays them (I'd imagine somewhere in that range, maybe less) not worth it. It's like breaking into a bank to take $20.

When you evade 2 billion dollars worth of taxes by paying off 100 million dollars... Sorry, but that isn't right. They aren't a beacon of integrity like Blots or you make them sound. Now a couple of things with that, most companies that large do do that, so it's not like they are the only ones, of course.

They settled. That's the point of settling. The government agreed to it, who's a fault?

Maybe it is also normal for a company of their size to be involved in the number of settlements that they have been in. They got their asses bailed out after working for the Lehman brothers, which is a crock. And I have not seen a resolution to the google and amazon tax evasions claims yet, so that looks TBD.

Companies that large are CONSTANTLY involved in some sort of litigation and settlements. Whether they're at fault, a few employees scam or what have you.

And I am sure you were extremely high up in E&Y as to where you were privy to all of the fraud, tax evasions, crooked dealings, and theft -- but to keep the whole conspiracy train a going you then have a perfect reason not to talk about it, thus your defense of them. They will kill you if you actually say what you want, and I don't blame you for valuing your life. :p

Not at all, but I was involved from a legal discovery standpoint. I didn't always have all the case information, but I was involved.

E&Y is not a good moral compass, and they are not beyond rigging the lottery -- whether it actually is or not.

I don't think any F500 or any large company is a good moral compass. I'm saying now a days, there are far more regulations that these companies have to follow. They are constantly audited. I do not think they advise companies on how to scam the government on taxes is all.

I laugh at the lottery conspiracy theories every year. You can come up with one for nearly any damn team in there. If the Magic had won, people would claim it was Stern paying us back for losing Dwight just like they did with New Orleans last year.

As for the Magic, I'm fine with the #2 pick. Take Ben McLemore.

• Upvote 1