Dutch

Your Top 5 Sitcoms of All-Time

Dinosaurs is on Netflix now, it doesn't really hold up. I loved it when I was young, but now it just seems cheesy.

Yeah, I'm going basically off my child hood. A lot of shows I use to watch when I was younger I wouldn't give the time of my day now.

In no particular order.

The King of Queens

Married... with Children

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

The Larry Sanders Show

Cheers

(Home Improvement and The Office, for honorable mentions.)

I used to love the Drew Carey show, as well. I wouldn't put it anywhere near the Top 5, but I figured I would give it a mention.

• Upvote 1

Dinosaurs was fucking hilarious...when they get all drugged up by eating that plant they found in the woods, lol.

Dinosaurs was fucking hilarious...when they get all drugged up by eating that plant they found in the woods, lol.

Natas is right though, IMO anyway, it doesn't age well.

I realize this isn't a sitcom, but I used to watch Little Bear as a kid ALL THE TIME. Tried watching it on the throwback Nick channel and my Lord it was awful. Maybe that just has to do with the age gap, but I still appreciate a lot of other kid shows I used to watch.

Guest Phailadelphia

Am I the only one who watched Arthur? That was my shit because Arthur was a book nerd like me.

• Upvote 1

Nope I did and loved it. Was going to watch Franklin(saw it on one of those kid's channels late one night) a few weeks ago lmao. Just to see if I could handle watching it at this age.

Edited by Bay

They give you ONE normal person to relate with and then make fun of all the others. I don't find it funny, smart, or very creative. It's just like "hey look at these really weird people lol aren't they weird"

Community does a much better job of humanizing nerdy/dorky people and giving you ways to relate to them. The comedy is a lot more intelligent too imo.

blots agrees with us; he was being facetious and poking fun at the people that defend it.

blots agrees with us; he was being facetious and poking fun at the people that defend it.

This. Big Bang Theory is awful.

Guest Phailadelphia

Well now I just feel like an asshole. Sarcasm on the internet, etc.

Am I the only one who watched Arthur? That was my shit because Arthur was a book nerd like me.

Oh man, I loved Arthur! Used to watch it everyday as soon as I got home from school, because it was on at 3.30 Monday to Fridays...still remember haha :yep:

Arthur was the show back in the day. I loved it. Everyone knew the best characters on the show were the Tibble twins though. Dennis the Menace X 2.

This. Big Bang Theory is awful.

uLVEt.gif

• Upvote 1

That 70s Show was always my favorite, but I normally don't watch sitcoms. If you count Arrested Development, then throw that in there too since I just started watching that.

I'm bumping this thread to mention how The Venture Bros is quite possibly the best show on tv now and if you haven't seen it, start watching it in order. It'd be at worst 3rd on my list if I had remembered it when I made mine.

The Big Bang Theory is entertaining, nonetheless. It is absolutely unrealistic, but it's light and easy to watch when I just want something that'll put me in a good mood. Aside from that, though, it doesn't hold up against great sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother and Scrubs, sitcoms that touch on real world issues and real characters. Yes, they're all exaggerations, but that's part of the fun. We've all met a Ted Mosby, a codependent couple like Marshall and Lily, a womanizer like Barney, and the excessively independent girl in Robin. We've all met each character from Scrubs.

Every character in a good sitcom is two sided. Everybody in BBT is one dimensional, but that keeps it light, which puts it in an Everybody Loves Raymond type of category. Easy to watch and be entertained, but it'll never move you, and it should never be considered a great in terms of realism and transcendence. It goes nowhere because it's found a niche.

I'm bumping this thread to mention how The Venture Bros is quite possibly the best show on tv now and if you haven't seen it, start watching it in order. It'd be at worst 3rd on my list if I had remembered it when I made mine.

Dang, now I have another fucking show to watch.

The Big Bang Theory is entertaining, nonetheless. It is absolutely unrealistic, but it's light and easy to watch when I just want something that'll put me in a good mood. Aside from that, though, it doesn't hold up against great sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother and Scrubs, sitcoms that touch on real world issues and real characters. Yes, they're all exaggerations, but that's part of the fun. We've all met a Ted Mosby, a codependent couple like Marshall and Lily, a womanizer like Barney, and the excessively independent girl in Robin. We've all met each character from Scrubs.

Every character in a good sitcom is two sided. Everybody in BBT is one dimensional, but that keeps it light, which puts it in an Everybody Loves Raymond type of category. Easy to watch and be entertained, but it'll never move you, and it should never be considered a great in terms of realism and transcendence. It goes nowhere because it's found a niche.

You have impeccably awful taste, imo.

So Bad I'd Almost Rather Listen to Country Music Tier:

Scrubs

Two and a Half Men

Big Bang Theory

Everybody Loves Raymond

According to Jim

I still don't understand how you can hate Scrubs.

• Upvote 1

Dang, now I have another fucking show to watch.

Well luckily for you (unluckily for everyone else). The current season is almost over and the gap between seasons is usually like 2-3 years.