RANGA

PS4 vs XBOX One - Summary of Features To Date

Talk about blowing things out of proportion. lol

Well this is going to extend beyond the life of the console if they don't drop the Online thing. Whenever they decide to cut the servers off for a game, its going to be unplayable no matter what.

Says the fanboy :p

Like hell this is blowing things out of proportion. We cannot let Microsoft put this anti-consumer bullshit into their console and get away with it or they're just going to go, "Huh, all that uproar over the Xbox One? Well who cares, we're still selling great, let's just keep on doing this."

If you somehow don't think that will happen if we dont stand up and stop this bullshit, then you're just fucking naive. You can't let a company throw this stuff on there and buy the thing anyway.

Sony already does this :shrug:. Its only 3 people, but I can share my game license with 3 people and they can all play it at the same time.

Word? Wow. Lol. I didn't even know that was a thing..

Word? Wow. Lol. I didn't even know that was a thing..

You need to buy the digital version of the game though.

RUMOR : Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 :rofl: The nightmare for Microsoft gets worse if thats true.

Edited by Bucman

i'm gonna buy xbox one so the kinect can watch me play ps4

• Upvote 2

You need to buy the digital version of the game though.

RUMOR : Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 :rofl: The nightmare for Microsoft gets worse if thats true.

Microsoft is allegedly paying many third-party publishers so that they won't show off their PlayStation 4 games at E3 2013, according to a new report.

E3 2013, the most important games convention out there, is set to begin next week, and both Microsoft and Sony are expected to focus heavily on their next-gen consoles, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, respectively.

In order to gain the upper hand on Sony, Microsoft is apparently resorting to some unorthodox practices, like paying a lot of money to third-party publishers so that they won't show their PlayStation 4 games either on stage or at their actual booths.

The report arrives from a source on NeoGAF, which posted a lot of true rumors in the past, so it's possible that Microsoft really is resorting to such tactics ahead of E3 2013.

The company emphasized that at the event it's going to focus only on games for the Xbox One, so it could try to create a false sense that more games are coming to Xbox One than PS4.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Paying-Third-Party-Publishers-to-Not-Show-PS4-Games-at-E3-2013-Report-359264.shtml

lawl

Well this is going to extend beyond the life of the console if they don't drop the Online thing. Whenever they decide to cut the servers off for a game, its going to be unplayable no matter what.

Absolutely. And I think it's safe to say things like this will happen eventually -- but not right now. As, Ranga (I think it was him, or maybe you) said.. Microsoft is stubborn as hell. They will probably launch without many changes, but they will realize it's killing them. By then, it will be too late to overtake Sony, but they will make the changes begrudgingly in order to push out product.

I am hoping, anyway. Worst case scenario, people buy XBones likes crazy and MS doesn't give a shit. lol

Like hell this is blowing things out of proportion. We cannot let Microsoft put this anti-consumer bullshit into their console and get away with it or they're just going to go, "Huh, all that uproar over the Xbox One? Well who cares, we're still selling great, let's just keep on doing this."

If you somehow don't think that will happen if we dont stand up and stop this bullshit, then you're just fucking naive. You can't let a company throw this stuff on there and buy the thing anyway.

You are a PC gamer, right? Why don't you go on tirades about Steam owning a monopoly on PC gaming? I don't exactly think that's right. Steam has proven that gamers will TAKE IT UP THE ASS as long as the price is right.

You may kindly take your pretentious attitude and shove it.

Says Mr. Conspiracy Theorist himself.

He's being hypocritical... Standing boisterously atop his soap box while contributing to the problem to begin with.

DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO!

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Amazon Poll.. PS4 vs Xbox One. PS4 28152 votes Xbox One 1587

LOL! There is absolutely no comparison at all. I can play Steam games offline for starters. Steam also puts games on sale all the time, which is when I buy them, most of the time. BL2 was out for a month before it went on sale for half-price.

Steam has done worlds of good for the indie game scene, which is awesome.

Now you wanna make an actual comparison with Steam vs Xbox One, then this is what Steam would have to do:

-If you're offline, at all, you can't play games.

-If you go to someone else's computer and you want to show them a steam game, logging into your account on that computer will only let you play the game for one hour before it shuts you off.

-I don't know how to put no backwards compatibility in here, but that's ridiculous. Xbox One can't play Xbox 360 games. Really? So that would be like, Steam v2 won't work with Steam v1 games, idk.

-Oh, Steam is also free and not required to play PC games. I've bought plenty of games from places other than Steam. Really the only games I buy off of Steam are those that aren't cheaper somewhere else.

The only reason to go with consoles over PC was because of the ability to let others play/borrow your games, which has been hard with the PC, impossible if its a steam game. Xbox One is virtually removing that. (Thought of one other reason- certain exclusives.)

Just because I don't go on tirades against Steam, btw, doesn't mean I love it to pieces. Steam is a necessary evil in a world where a game like the Witcher 2, one of the best games I've played and done by a small developing company, and lacking DRM, (not so small anymore), sells 1 million copies... and has 4 million pirated.

Angry Joe has an excellent piece on the mountain of difference between using Steam and laying down for what Microsoft is about to do with the Xbox One. I shall attempt to find it, it is in one of his rants, so it might take a bit.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Can you really only play it for any hour there? That seems kinda lame. Hopefully its not the same for sharing with a family member.

If you're not on your "home console" then yes, you can only play the game for one hour.

Thats lame, I hadn't heard that till now. I guess you could just mark that person as family and they can play it anytime if your not or lug your console over there. I don't normally let people borrow games anyways, nor do I ever really need to.

Sure, but what about gamers who just want to bring games to a friend's place and play games? People have more than ten friends, you know.

This was a serious advantage consoles had over PC that Microsoft has just given up.

Edited by Thanatos19

Well I don't agree with what Microsoft is doing and there is no way they can keep these rules even if its after launch. If you wanna play with friends and not bring your system with you, then PS4 is your system. But if your a competitive gamer who plays in tournaments, your going to need a Xbox, since almost all sponsored tournaments that play on consoles are on the Xbox.

I feel like competitive gamers are an incredibly small segment of the market.

And now im confused. Does this mean that if I have an Xbox, I can't throw a party and have people taking turns playing madden or whatnot? Because if that's the case, that's complete horseshit.

• Upvote 1

I feel like competitive gamers are an incredibly small segment of the market.

And now im confused. Does this mean that if I have an Xbox, I can't throw a party and have people taking turns playing madden or whatnot? Because if that's the case, that's complete horseshit.

If its on your Xbox they can.

LOL! There is absolutely no comparison at all. I can play Steam games offline for starters. Steam also puts games on sale all the time, which is when I buy them, most of the time. BL2 was out for a month before it went on sale for half-price.

Steam has done worlds of good for the indie game scene, which is awesome.

Now you wanna make an actual comparison with Steam vs Xbox One, then this is what Steam would have to do:

-If you're offline, at all, you can't play games.

-If you go to someone else's computer and you want to show them a steam game, logging into your account on that computer will only let you play the game for one hour before it shuts you off.

-I don't know how to put no backwards compatibility in here, but that's ridiculous. Xbox One can't play Xbox 360 games. Really? So that would be like, Steam v2 won't work with Steam v1 games, idk.

-Oh, Steam is also free and not required to play PC games. I've bought plenty of games from places other than Steam. Really the only games I buy off of Steam are those that aren't cheaper somewhere else.

The only reason to go with consoles over PC was because of the ability to let others play/borrow your games, which has been hard with the PC, impossible if its a steam game. Xbox One is virtually removing that. (Thought of one other reason- certain exclusives.)

Just because I don't go on tirades against Steam, btw, doesn't mean I love it to pieces. Steam is a necessary evil in a world where a game like the Witcher 2, one of the best games I've played and done by a small developing company, and lacking DRM, (not so small anymore), sells 1 million copies... and has 4 million pirated.

Angry Joe has an excellent piece on the mountain of difference between using Steam and laying down for what Microsoft is about to do with the Xbox One. I shall attempt to find it, it is in one of his rants, so it might take a bit.

You accept Steam as a necessary evil, but act like Microsoft is the devil. :laugh:

Steam controls practically every PC game ever created. Obviously we can't say all, because not every game requires steam. But to play a vast majority of PC games these days you actually have to have steam running at all times.

They can add almost literally anything to their Terms of Service and you have to agree to it whether you like it or not because if you don't, you have no access to their services (Not a big deal) or the library you have put together.

You don't control your own property.... Steam does.

And when you control such an overwhelming % of the market share as steam does, you are allowing many more problems into the fold. What happens in a career where everyone gets paid the same with little to no incentive of moving up in that particular field? In that atmosphere, there is no motivation to do better than others and the end product will suffer int he end. It's exactly what's happening to developers working with and requiring you to use Steam to play their games.

The group of "fanboys" talking up Steam is probably worse than any group of people supporting Xbox or Sony combined. It's almost.. no, it's quite creepy. For most of them, and for most PC gamers anyway... Their entire existence and being on the format revolves around Steam.

They allow Steam to run their gaming lives simply as a means for convenience. All for what? For a bunch of achievements? For cheap titles?

('You' in a general sense)

Congratulations... As a PC gamer (if you love Steam like Kel Mitchell loves orange soda), you have advocated for an established monopoly on the industry that bypasses the rights of PC gamers everywhere in order to save $5.

You are a sellout.

Thanatos is right, Steam and XBone aren't the same. Steam is much, much worse.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

JD vs Thanny. Both well-known arguers who type essay-length posts to state their argument.

This is gonna be good.

popcorn2.gif

If its on your Xbox they can.

Oh ok. I had been hearing rumors about facial recognition stuff. It sounded fake but who knows with all that's going on.

This thread has summoned forth Bizarro-F4E.

Oh ok. I had been hearing rumors about facial recognition stuff. It sounded fake but who knows with all that's going on.

That would be stupid and I hadn't heard that. If its on your Xbox it shouldn't matter.

I lol'd at the Kel Mitchell orange soda reference.

I was hearing and reading earlier that kinnect would have facial recignition, but it wouldn't be to turn it on or lay games or anything... it'd be just so that your kinnect knows when its you.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F