Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Cops Kill Dog While Owner Gets Arrested

I saw this the other day. The cops had no right to arrest someone filming them. They should all be terminated. The dog did come at them in aggressive manner, but a simple taze would have worked just fine in this situation.

• Upvote 1

As a dog lover and owner of 2, this is one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Can't believe the cops actually shot the dog dead, unreal. :(

• Upvote 1

As a dog lover and owner of 2, this is one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Can't believe the cops actually shot the dog dead, unreal. :(

I am an animal lover as well but they do this to people all the time. I've seen all types of police brutality and injustice where I come from; police taking advantage and abusing their authority. I'm not a hateful person but NOTHING infuriates me as much as cops.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

That video did what it should have and was supposed to do. Incite a public outrage. Now normally I am opposed to this because getting people in an emotional state of mind often tends to make them a little less logical than they should be. This case though is a little different. WE should be outraged.

A couple things with this the dog jumped, I didnt see it as all that aggressive. The dog ran up but then immediately backed up realizing he was not the alpha dog and just really barked from there. You can call that a lunge if you like which I guess in all technicality it was. It was pretty weak though and looked more like a half hearted jumped especially considering the dog did not even land on the cop.

Also I have never known a cop to not carry a form of non-lethal deterrents. Whether it be clubs, mace, or tasers. Apparently mace can only work for police men and not cops. Mace would have messed the dog up but he would be alive.

Why not just let the guy corral his own dog? You are right there and you could have at the very least got a plate number and found the registered owner with an address. If he ran put out a bench warrant. It is pretty obvious the guy lives around there. SO that was another avenue to have taken especially considering he should not have been arrested in the first place.

The guy should face criminal charges for this. I think he should never be allowed to work in any position of authority ever again as it is clear he cant handle it. However, lets not forget here that not ALL cops are bad. THIS one is, that much is true, and hell most of the ones I have met are douches. That said there are some good ones and it is hard to paint all of them in the same light as this cop.

• Upvote 1

A cop is suppose to have the clarity of mind to be able to deescalate a situation. This is where 95% of the cops fail at because the first thing they do is pull out their guns and shoot when it is hardly necessary.

This is true. However this is not a perfect world either, these cops are just dudes who got bullied in high school for the most part. Notice how one is a lard ass and the other a skinny little shit ? You cant tell me those people were homecoming king. 95% do fail, but the 5 % I would like to believe change peoples lives for the better.

I took a class with an ex-PA State Trooper when I was still in high school. He said police are trained to use their guns ONLY in situations where there is NO other option to end the threat against them. There's no way this is one of those times. They also detained the man for no reason because filming the cops isn't against the law. This stinks of police brutality. That department is getting sued out the ass and they deserve it.

I agree with all of that. I hope they due get sued and that man gets what is coming to him.

I agree with all of that. I hope they due get sued and that man gets what is coming to him.

I agree.

But they also need to fire every cop involved with the arrest not just the one who shot the dog. He was in public, he can film whoever he pleases, especially police officers. If they don't know the laws, they shouldn't be cops.

Watch nothing happen to any of these guys. There will be some bullshit "investigation", someone will get a slap on the wrist, and everything will continue as normal.

Which is why these things happen in the first place...

Ofcourse nothing will happen to them. Cops unjustly kill people all the time and get away with it. An animal will be no different.

Ofcourse nothing will happen to them. Cops unjustly kill people all the time and get away with it. An animal will be no different.

This has gone viral and in todays age they won't want that much bad pub. Plus the shooter has already cost them a mill in cash.

Doesn't seem too smart to fire a weapon in a hostage situation either.

Edited by Bucman

This has gone viral and in todays age they won't want that much bad pub. Plus the shooter has already cost them a mill in cash.

Doesn't seem too smart to fire a weapon in a hostage situation either.

Well that shows how fucked up and backwards this world is when an animal gets more justice than the people that were unjustly killed by cops. That video I linked showed a few people getting killed by cops. One scenario was a kid in the subway who was subdued, handcuffed laying down on his stomach and was shot in the back by a cop. Fuck the police.

I agree.

But they also need to fire every cop involved with the arrest not just the one who shot the dog. He was in public, he can film whoever he pleases, especially police officers. If they don't know the laws, they shouldn't be cops.

Was he arrested or detained? They can detain you despite not breaking any laws completely legally if you MAY be a danger (to yourself, onlookers or officers) or if you look like you could interfere with an investigation. It looks like getting arrested because they restrain you but they release you after the danger has passed. Not saying they did the right thing here only saying its legal to do so. Was he actually arrested? I didn't look any further into the case.

This is true. However this is not a perfect world either, these cops are just dudes who got bullied in high school for the most part. Notice how one is a lard ass and the other a skinny little shit ? You cant tell me those people were homecoming king. 95% do fail, but the 5 % I would like to believe change peoples lives for the better.

About 65% of officers I know are former military. As to the bullying they come from all walks of life just like in every job. Some were probably nerds but I've found that they make the best officers. The ones I've met that were cool kids tend to be used to getting their way and feel entitled. Regardless, I've worked with good cops and bad cops but the vast majority are good people that are good at their jobs.

I'll not speak to the dog part since I pretty much agree with everything said here.

Was he arrested or detained? They can detain you despite not breaking any laws completely legally if you MAY be a danger (to yourself, onlookers or officers) or if you look like you could interfere with an investigation. It looks like getting arrested because they restrain you but they release you after the danger has passed. Not saying they did the right thing here only saying its legal to do so. Was he actually arrested? I didn't look any further into the case.

Every article I read and even the video titled says ARRESTED. So I'm only going off assumption that he was indeed arrested for an obstruction charge. Either way, is it that normally for a cop to instantly reach for his gun (look at the pictures)? I thought every cop had a tazer. The guy looked like he was leaving to me and complying with the police. They should have gave him a chance to properly contain the dog too.

article-2353347-1A9CF79A000005DC-168_634x341.jpg

article-2353347-1A9CF822000005DC-817_634x341.jpg

Notice it looks like the gun is pressed against the dog.

Edited by Bucman

The Taser is the yellow thing you see on the officer next to the dog owner. Most agencies require either a taser or oc spray but many leave it up to the officer as to which they will carry. Some officers refuse to carry OC spray due to the possibility of spray back and therefore debilitating themselves as well as the agressor. I can't speak to the policies of this department. OC spray is effective on dogs as well as peopleand is very painful for most people and animals. I don't know if its mandated by state law in Georgia or if its just common practice but every officer being issued with either OC spray or a taser must first experience these items being used on them, so they are aware of what they are doing to someone.

Like I said, I agree with most about the way this particular incident was handled. Ie I think it was handled poorly. I'm pretty disgusted by it.

Edit: I didn't get to finish the post before I had to walk out the door...

There was one other thing I wanted to mention... Officers receive TONS of training on how to deal with aggressive people but very little on dealing with dogs. It seemed to me he wasn't expecting it to lunge at him and he was caught off guard and drew down, probably partly because he was fuckin scared. It happened really fast.

Edited by GA_Eagle

I don't think anybody who was bullied excessively should be allowed to pursue law enforcement gigs, but that's not exactly realistic because everybody thinks they were bullied even though about 83% of the people in our society simply weren't.

And then cops wonder why the general public treats them like shit. When you have the power of the government on your side to basically get paid to go on power trips, this is what happens. Fuck the police. I don't give a shit. And if any cops read this, fuck you. Yes, all of you.

bruh u even lift?

• Downvote 5

my uncle is a cop and he was mortified by this video. Cops carry mace just for situations like this.

"Nothing worse than an officer who itches to use his weapon" -his words.