• Marvin Lewis
    • Rex Ryan
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Gary Kubiak
    • Mike Munchak
    • Ron Rivera
    • Greg Schiano
    • Tom Coughlin

Normally, I'd say Rex Ryan. But that owner values drama and headlines, both of which Ryan provides in spades. I don't think winning matters nearly as much for that organization.

I'd go with Ron Rivera. He's in a tough spot and division and I'm not sure he survives another term if that team doesn't make the playoffs.

I voted Rex Ryan, he is the obvious candidate to me. The mess he is making of the QB situation is unreal even given the raw material he has to work with. Add in a new GM who will probably want his own guy and Rex needs a winning season or he is out IMO.

• Upvote 1

On any other organization Marv would have been fired. He's had his chances with previous talent but his poor play calling and time management neutralized that talent. Mikey boy is the one keeping his ass on the team.

Changed my vote from Marvin Lewis (who I believe needs needs to be fire if he underachieves again) for Ron Rivera. It's beyond acceptable to lose in the fashion that the Panthers have been with the talent on that roster. Continuously losing games in the 4th quarter mismanaging this very talented team. Just about every game they lose they are in a position to win but falter. The Panthers needs a coaching staff overhaul.

After some thought I've also taken Ron Rivera. My first choice was Rex but he seems to somehow be ammune to taking responsibility for his team's failure. I also considered Jason Garrett but can he technically be called "On the hot-seat" when his boss has already publically castrated him? Everyone knows he's a lame duck coach.

Then there's Ron Rivera. He has an extremely talented team easily capable of putting up 10 win seasons, yet he is personally responsible for keeping the Panthers under .500 with his terrible overly-conservative playcalling. I can't think of any other coach in the league that would try to sit on a one score lead in the fourth, but Ron Rivera does it constantly. Unless something changes I can't see Carolina putting up with him much longer.

Rivera should have been fired the instant the plane touched down in Charlotte.

I don't think Rivera is going to make it through the season.

Edited by dutchff7

A quarter of the season is done and now we actually have football content to judge. I'm definitely switching my vote to Greg Schiano. It's bad when the players there's a disconnect between the coach and players. I can see the Bucs signing Lovie Smith next year. That would be an awesome fit with how great the Bucs defense is.

Edited by dutchff7

A quarter of the season is done and now we actually have football content to judge. I'm definitely switching my vote to Greg Schiano. It's bad when the players there's a disconnect between the coach and players. I can see the Bucs signing Lovie Smith next year. That would be an awesome fit with how great the Bucs defense is.

I am with you. The way he is handling the Josh Freeman issue is abysmal.

Lovie Smith is a good call. Fits the personnel and he's a player coach. Which will be a breath of fresh air in the Bucs locker room.

I agree with Dutch. I can see Lovie Smith as a coach in tampa too. How about Tom Coughlin since his name is already up there. G Men have gotten off too a awful start.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Greg Schiano is losing complete control of the Buccs. He will be the first to be fired.

Ron Rivera's seat hot as Panthers talking coach search

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000256758/article/ron-riveras-seat-hot-as-panthers-talking-coach-search

Even before this season began, Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera knew he was on the hot seat.

In July, Rivera called his less-than-concrete job security the "white elephant in the room." Here in October, that elephant lingers.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday on "NFL GameDay Morning" that the Panthers are laying the foundation for a possible coaching search after the season, according to sources close to the situation. Carolina has begun background checks to such a degree that one candidate already knows of the team's interest, Rapoport was told.

NFL Media's Michael Silver reported Sunday that multiplePanthers players insist Rivera remains popular in the locker room, with one saying: "The guy who can save Rivera's job is Cam Newton. If he plays like he did last game, we've got a shot."

Carolina has a talented young quarterback and one of the league's better front sevens. Saddled with a 1-2 record, it's on Rivera to flip the switch and change perceptions. It's crystal clear he'll be out of work if this season doesn't end on a bright note.

Part of me still wants Frazier to stay with the Vikings, and part of me thinks the Vikes will get impatient and fire him. I think he'll get one more year, considering this is only his second full year. We're still in a rebuilding process after the Favre years.

If Tom Coughlin gets canned, I hope the Giants don't get Lovie Smith. I see him being attracted to the Bucs job with that defense but with the Giants, they are a great organization AND they have a franchise QB already.

If Tom Coughlin gets canned, I hope the Giants don't get Lovie Smith. I see him being attracted to the Bucs job with that defense but with the Giants, they are a great organization AND they have a franchise QB already.

Most new coaches nowadays are offensive guys who are brought in to mold a franchise QB. I'm betting that the Giants will be looking for someone who can refresh Manning and get his mind right. That would leave Lovie for you guys. The only thing I don't like about that fit it how much zone Lovie runs. You guys have the best man corner in the game.

Most new coaches nowadays are offensive guys who are brought in to mold a franchise QB. I'm betting that the Giants will be looking for someone who can refresh Manning and get his mind right. That would leave Lovie for you guys. The only thing I don't like about that fit it how much zone Lovie runs. You guys have the best man corner in the game.

Leave Lovie for us? I highly doubt he'd take a DC position unless you accidently mistaken me for a Bucs fan.

Edited by dutchff7

I'd rather have an offensive minded coach than Lovie. Plus, Lovie runs the Tampa 2 and would probably play Revis in zone like Gap Tooth is right now.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Leave Lovie for us? I highly doubt he'd take a DC position unless you accidently mistaken me for a Bucs fan.

Yeah I just forgot who I was talking to.

If Leslie Frazier is willing to fire either Alan Williams or Bill Musgrave in-season, and then the other one after the season, I want him to stay, but if he's going to play Gardenhire's card and not fire the awful Rick Andersons on his coaching staff, I don't want him to stay.

• Upvote 1

Was thinking about it earlier, I can't really see anyone who's a lock to get fired at the end of the season other than Gary Kubiak. I think Shanahanigan is the next likely candidate, but I could easily see everyone on this list (including Rex Ryan) to still have their jobs at this time next season.

It appears four coaches on the list actually got fired. And the person who got the most votes; Rex Ryan wind up keeping his job and Ron Rivera got his team to the divisional round in the playoffs. I love the unpredictability of the NFL.

Edited by dutchff7