Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Major doom in Egypt

Gotta run for the day but I will keep an eye on this chaos for sure. :yep:

Although chaos even sounds like an understatement considering what has transpired there recently.

Edited by Jules

"Hey, Government! We don't like you. GTFO!"

*flash forward a few months*

Hey, new Government! We don't like you either. GTFO!"

• Upvote 1

Full military coup in Egypt. How exciting.

"President" Morsi has gone into hiding, and all contact has been cut off to him. The military has announced that he is no longer part of the decision making process.

1044736_10151606754696107_1253538625_n.jpg
  • Upvote 2

Egyptian Liberty V.2?

1044736_10151606754696107_1253538625_n.jpg

Being that Morsi is an Obama/US puppet, it makes sense. At least the Egyptians finally know whats up. When are they going to get he government they want. We're threatening to pull aid from the country, it looks like. Hmmm, Egyptians get what we want and the American public gets what they want (less money going overseas). Seems like a win/win to me.

Flanked by political and religious leaders and top generals, General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi announced the suspension of the Islamist-tinged constitution and a roadmap for a return to democratic rule under a revised rulebook.

The president of the supreme constitutional court will act as interim head of state, assisted by an interim council and a technocratic government until new presidential and parliamentary elections are held.

"Those in the meeting have agreed on a roadmap for the future that includes initial steps to achieve the building of a strong Egyptian society that is cohesive and does not exclude anyone and ends the state of tension and division," Sisi said in a solemn address broadcast live on state television.

After he spoke, hundreds of thousands of anti-Mursi protesters in central Cairo's Tahrir Square erupted into wild cheering, setting off fireworks and waving flags. Cars drove around the capital honking their horns in celebration.

Reuters

Morsi has since posted to his facebook account that these decisions are not legit and will not go through. Not exactly sure what he is going to do about it, but... Good luck to him.

Edited by Favre4Ever

US has ordered the immediate evacuation of the US embassy.

I don't think this is going to end peacefully. They basically ousted an entire group of people with this and that group is the Muslims.

Something else that is none of our business that we will inevitably get caught up in whether physically of fiscally. :coffee:

Something else that is none of our business that we will inevitably get caught up in whether physically of fiscally. :coffee:

We already did basically when Obama told them to restore power to a elected democratic leader ASAP.

Fucking Spectacular... :Suicide:

Not really.

Obama called on the military to restore power to a civilian-led government as soon as possible, which they have already taken steps to do so. Just because he asks doesn't mean we will get involved. As a matter of fact, this could help us out, since there is a US law that we have to withdraw foreign aid from any country that has a military coup, I believe it is. We don't need to be giving Egypt billions of dollars anyway, so that could come in handy.

BTW I just personally wanted to use the word DOOM. :corn::party:

ATM, I'm thinking LIBERTAY for Egypt.

Guest Phailadelphia

What's democratic or libertarian about a military coup?

At Least 32 Killed Following Egyptian Coup. Military may or may not have anything to do with this. But I still don't understand why we sell them tanks and other various things on top of the funding we give them. This military was riding into the cities on horses and camels killing people for protesting not long ago correct?

I will just say the US loves to interfere in worldly affairs. I would almost love to see what would happen if the US approved candidate didn't always win "elections" in Egypt. Aren't Egyptians tired of us digging up their back yards and robbing them blind? Looks that way. Stage enough successful and continuous coups and maybe the US will run out of puppets.

What's democratic or libertarian about a military coup?

I can not truly be sure if you are simply being argumentative or if you actually have no idea. Regardless, I point you in the direction of the Declaration of Independence.

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of individual liberty, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to agree to such new governance as to them shall seem most likely to protect their liberty."
Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

The US set up the Egyptian government? I thought we didn't get along with him at all.

Guest Phailadelphia

I will just say the US loves to interfere in worldly affairs. I would almost love to see what would happen if the US approved candidate didn't always win "elections" in Egypt. Aren't Egyptians tired of us digging up their back yards and robbing them blind? Looks that way. Stage enough successful and continuous coups and maybe the US will run out of puppets.

I can not truly be sure if you are simply being argumentative or if you actually have no idea. Regardless, I point you in the direction of the Declaration of Independence.

Popular will =/= democracy. A military coup that removed a President from office and then established an interim itself is not in any form democratic. They simply removed a democratically elected official. If anything it lends more support to the notion that real power is seized.