Favre4Ever

Elite Member Voting

Congratulations, Bay. Long overdue for you, my friend. :clap:

Thanks to those who voted for me. There are an awful lot of people who contribute to make TGP what it is today, many more than can be honored through these polls, so it is a title I wear proudly. :yep:

Thanks everybody. It's an honor to get in with you my friend. :beerchug:

All modesty aside don't think it was overdue. Thanks for the votes!

Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1

Congrats to the latest laureates! All truly deserving members of TGP.

• Upvote 2

I've been having trouble picking between Chet, BK and Oochymp all 3 rounds. This pick 1 person stuff sucks :( Also surprised Dutch and Kemp didn't make the list. I know they haven't been around as long as some of the others on the list but they've both helped keep me from going insane this off-season with their topics and discussions :yep:

:wub:

Where WAS dutch? Went looking for the screen name and didn't see it. I thought he was on there... :shrug:

As to the problem with voting. I don't really see a big issue, its not much different than member awards and nobody ever has an issue with that.

Read earlier on in the thread. Dutch is perma banned

Dutch is getting a different type of promotion soon, methinks. :D

TGP continues to do a great job of selecting elite members.

Only thing I'd like is to extend their term to six months. Three is way short.

People getting upset over elites? Maybe you should broaden your horizons as a poster and contribute more than just racking up your post count. The people that have been selected have spent countless hours running TGP mock drafts, random games, madden sims, created countless sigs and skins for this site that makes us who we are. As you can see, a majority of them have been around for a while...and to think that there have been so many people that have just come and gone on this site..it's a testimony to the truly great posters that TGP has generated.

I know back in the day I bitched and moaned about myself not being elite. It wasn't right, and you'll never see me do it again. But now...I realize that there's so much more than just firing off a post...which some of you do. It's about being a respectful individual, and also someone that has...valid opinions. Like...when I read your post...I look forward and appreciate your well-thought out comment rather than...oh shit here we go again.

Don't take it personal...that's the last thing this place needs. I may hang in the shadows these days. But I'm still on here everyday reading the majority of things that go on.

As for those that have been nominated already, congratulations and well-deserved.

For those that didn't get nominated...or didn't quite make it, I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

and...for those that are bitching and complaining about not making it and making a personal issue out of it. Grow up.

If that's a veiled shot at me...

And I wasn't bitching about not being nominated. I haven't even heard of the elite status before, and the semantics of it just sounded wrong to me.

If you, ATL, and any other members of this have these feelings toward my posts, about "validity" and "here we go again," I can gladly take myself elsewhere. I know I get going on refs during the NBA playoffs, but that's about a month span that you don't even have to pay attention to when I'm posting anyway, and everybody at this site has their vices, and their bad moments, so I resent the way that this post singled me out.

Very few posters on this site are easy to deal with, 100% of the time, but we're just regular people behind keyboards, which can be transformative.

People getting upset over elites? Maybe you should broaden your horizons as a poster and contribute more than just racking up your post count. The people that have been selected have spent countless hours running TGP mock drafts, random games, madden sims, created countless sigs and skins for this site that makes us who we are. As you can see, a majority of them have been around for a while...and to think that there have been so many people that have just come and gone on this site..it's a testimony to the truly great posters that TGP has generated.

I know back in the day I bitched and moaned about myself not being elite. It wasn't right, and you'll never see me do it again. But now...I realize that there's so much more than just firing off a post...which some of you do. It's about being a respectful individual, and also someone that has...valid opinions. Like...when I read your post...I look forward and appreciate your well-thought out comment rather than...oh shit here we go again.

Don't take it personal...that's the last thing this place needs. I may hang in the shadows these days. But I'm still on here everyday reading the majority of things that go on.

As for those that have been nominated already, congratulations and well-deserved.

For those that didn't get nominated...or didn't quite make it, I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

and...for those that are bitching and complaining about not making it and making a personal issue out of it. Grow up.

Might be one of your best posts on TGP ever, Atl. :clap:

And I wasn't bitching about not being nominated. I haven't even heard of the elite status before, and the semantics of it just sounded wrong to me.

If you, ATL, and any other members of this have these feelings toward my posts, about "validity" and "here we go again," I can gladly take myself elsewhere. I know I get going on refs during the NBA playoffs, but that's about a month span that you don't even have to pay attention to when I'm posting anyway, and everybody at this site has their vices, and their bad moments, so I resent the way that this post singled me out.

Very few posters on this site are easy to deal with, 100% of the time, but we're just regular people behind keyboards, which can be transformative.

Dude. I don't want to be rude, but... We've had Elite members forever. Ever since you joined 4 years ago, and you just now are learning about it. >_>

Like I said previously, this isn't a statement on who is a better person, but just merely a way to recognize the best posters here at the site. They will rotate every 3 month so, HOPEFULLY we always have active and contributing members in the role of Elite. It is in the power of the members though, for now, so hopefully they take voting seriously. :yep:

And also as I said before, we appreciate ALL posters. But to think everyone contributes the exact same is a little naive.

If you are offended and emotionally hurt enough by this process to even consider leaving, I am not going to stop you. I apologize that your time here had to end this way, but all good things come to an end. You have to do what's best for you, and if you don't feel like posting here falls into that category, I respect your decision.

I wish you good luck and good fortune moving forward in life, and hope to see you around sometime.

:hiya:

Edited by Favre4Ever

Might be one of your best posts on TGP ever, Atl. :clap:

Dude. I don't want to be rude, but... We've had Elite members forever. Ever since you joined 4 years ago, and you just now are learning about it. >_>

Like I said previously, this isn't a statement on who is a better person, but just merely a way to recognize the best posters here at the site. They will rotate every 3 month so, HOPEFULLY we always have active and contributing members in the role of Elite. It is in the power of the members though, for now, so hopefully they take voting seriously. :yep:

And also as I said before, we appreciate ALL posters. But to think everyone contributes the exact same is a little naive.

If you are offended and emotionally hurt enough by this process to even consider leaving, I am not going to stop you. I apologize that your time here had to end this way, but all good things come to an end. You have to do what's best for you, and if you don't feel like posting here falls into that category, I respect your decision.

I wish you good luck and good fortune moving forward in life, and hope to see you around sometime.

:hiya:

I was replying to the insults in his post, not the process. Now that I understand the process, I've no issues with it.

Don't take it personal...that's the last thing this place needs.

If you, ATL, and any other members of this have these feelings toward my posts, about "validity" and "here we go again," I can gladly take myself elsewhere.

33658642.jpg

• Upvote 1

33658642.jpg

If that's what you, and other alike want, you all just gotta say it.

• Downvote 4

Don't like Elite status Bware?

oyJd85E.gif

No, in all seriousness, it just seems this is being taking out of context. The elite situation is really not that serious. Having an elite title does not mean that they are better then everyone else. All it's used for is recognition purposes and to show appreciation. It's an open vote where the people of TGP select names of people that they basically appreciate. Whether it's good quality post. good quality threads, enjoy chatting with and in general think they make TGP a better place. It's an appreciation poll and the members get recognized. You spoke on there being better ways of establishing how important people are to this website and not putting them in tiers. I honestly don't see how that's possible because there is ALWAYS going to be tiers. The tier of people that got the recognition and the tier of people who didn't. You say the 5 little word means nothing but you made quite a fuss about it; even to the lengths of basically saying some people on the list don't deserve it. Which is probably a bigger offense then your implication of the Elite system in general. Also, you threatening to leave because of what someone said about you? C'mon now... It's hardly that serious and to let one persons opinion effect you to that degree.. You know you have to be thickskinned here at times but I hardly say that's a reason to get flustered over. You're a cool dude Bware and I've never had any problems with you but that definitely seems like an Emo trip/rant. It's all coming off as if you feel unappreciated and seems like an ego trip if anything. I'm not saying it is but it certainly appears that way.

At the end of the day, the elite system doesn't change anything. People will continue to create threads, post, and chat. I'm pretty sure no one wants you to leave but if you decide to leave over something so simple, that would speak in volumes how you regard TGP and the people within it. Plus, I won't have anyone to call a two toned homer; rocking purple and gold with stars :D.

Edited by dutchff7

If that's what you, and other alike want, you all just gotta say it.

Dude, this is too emo. Please stop.

I'm just gonna throw this out there Bware, I've been here for 6 years (staff for 3) and I was never made elite until now. Now I was obviously voted in on the first round. Shouldn't that go to show that people can form opinions about others without needing that title?

I'd never heard of the Elite thing before now, and I was just posing questions about the way it sounded to me. It's that simple. I'm not making that big of a fuss about it.

You really never noticed the different colors?

• Upvote 1

You really never noticed the different colors?

I did, but I never noticed what was written underneath everybody's avatars (or it just never registered that there was a voting process). I knew who mods were just because people would talk about editing threads and such in the shoutbox, and I'd heard about JD buying the site.

I'm being completely honest when I say that I wasn't upset or anything, I was just questioning the process for awhile there.

Surprising. Well the voting thing is new. Before it was just the mods' decision.

Now that I know that this is an established thing, you won't hear any more from me on it. I just didn't appreciate what I thought/think (not sure) were veiled insults in ATL's post, so that's where my more aggressive posts came from.

Edited by BwareDWare94