RazorStar

Razor's Active QB Rankings

Nope. It's not. Didn't really like him at Auburn either. He's extremely cocky, which may be rightfully so, but when things don't go his way he's a crybaby. Oh, you're team around you sucks? Fucking deal with it, it's happened to far better players than Cam. He's a terrible team mate, you don't sulk after a loss, you move on to the next week.

I'm not knocking his potential and current ability, I'm knocking his presentation and sportsmanship. In other words, Cam Newton has some growing up to do before I believe he'll ever lead his team to a Superbowl.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm glad you know he's a terrible teammate, despite all of his teammates saying he's a great teammate. But yeah, sure, you know better. He takes losses hard, and he's blamed for that. When he was laughing at a joke on the sidelines during the NYG game, he was blamed for that. He took the entirety of the blame for the Falcons loss on him for him fumbling during the 3rd and 2 run, said to point the finger at him, and not at anyone else on the team, despite everyone knowing it was Nakamura's fault. But yeah. Terrible teammate. You keep regurgitating that media bullshit NFL.com has been spewing.

You act like he sits there and sulks about the loss until Wednesday or something. He comes in the morning after a game and throws himself into his work. But yeah, he's just supposed to immediately shrug his shoulders, "Eh, who cares, it's just a game" and half an hour later be partying with friends, like Gronk after a SB loss- oh wait, the media crucified Gronk for that, too.

You can't win with the media, and Cam knows that. So he's just gonna be himself. To hell with the haters.

The ENTIRETY of the Cam hate comes from either A) Superman dance or B) how he handles himself in press conferences. It's absolutely fucking ridiculous what people pick up on to knock this guy.

Oh, and Matt Ryan needs to learn to not choke in January before the Falcons will get anywhere near a Superbowl.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Boy, you're taking my opinion really hard. And I agree with Matt Ryan needing to learn not to choke, completely. Then again, I'm not sure that a Panthers fan is in the position to discuss the Falcons losing in January. I would think they would be more worried about their team making it to January. :)

I'm sorry, if you are saying that I can't form an opinion because I don't personally know Cam Newton, it completely negates the point of these forums. If that's the case, you can't form opinions on anything because no one knows the ins and outs of teams even. You take what you see and you formulate your thoughts. If its not ok to do that, why come to a message board?

Also, no, I believe true team leaders take time to discuss their loss with the media and move on to next week. (Examples: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and yes - Matt Ryan)

This has nothing to do with how they play, YOU brought that up. So do we really need to discuss Cam Newton and Matt Ryans faults?

Edited by Rain Man

Maybe I'm biased, but I totally agree. Schaub is like the Mr. Rogers of quarterbacks.

That's actually true. :rofl:

Maybe I'm biased, but I totally agree. Schaub is like the Mr. Rogers of quarterbacks.

Schaub just looks like a douche

It's the eyes.

Matt-Schaub1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Why Russell at 26? Its opinion based so I'm not attempting a debate here to move him up. In my opinion he's been nothing but a class act since Wisconsin. For example he led the Badgers, Seahawks and NFL Rookies in community service hours. He's been as upstanding as any I've ever come across.

Was he an ultra douche in high school? Id obviously have him lower so I'm curious about your douche criteria and its impact on the bottom players. Is 25+ kind of a douche free zone? And the others have held that title longer?

It's more of a low douche zone, any one at Andy Dalton's level and lower are pure class acts and the kind of people all players should aspire to be. Guys like Wilson and Freeman are well on their way to that classiness, they just happen to be on douchey teams so it rubs off on them a little. Nothing more than that. The top 16 or so definitely have a significant amount of douche to them.

I didn't consider the teams effect on your douchemometer. But I can see its tie breaking relevancy.

It's more of a low douche zone, any one at Andy Dalton's level and lower are pure class acts and the kind of people all players should aspire to be. Guys like Wilson and Freeman are well on their way to that classiness, they just happen to be on douchey teams so it rubs off on them a little. Nothing more than that. The top 16 or so definitely have a significant amount of douche to them.

Still haven't clarified Brees' ranking, Razor. Answer me or....

tumblr_m9leg5mk7e1r8jzqko1_500.jpg

Brees is a douche partially because of his contract holdout, and partially because he give the same song and dance to the refs whenever something bad happens.

Brees is a douche partially because of his contract holdout, and partially because he give the same song and dance to the refs whenever something bad happens.

I don't know man, I guess that's just personal opinion on that one. I have a hard time holding anything against a guy trying to get paid and holding out. You never know when you could sustain a huge injury - even when it's only practice and TC - so holding out is always probably the smartest move at the end of the day to get paid. I think what influence Brees the most on that situation wasn't actually his agent, but more so the situation he was part of in San Diego when he got his shoulder injury.

It's funny coming from a Chargers fan that has arguably the biggest d-bag quarterback in the league.

I like Rivers, say what you will his shit talking seems to serve one purpose, getting under peoples skin. Its so transparent when it gets people, it gets them on that additional level. I think its hilarious.

It's funny coming from a Chargers fan that has arguably the biggest d-bag quarterback in the league.

Everyone loved that Rivers made Cutler cry.... :rolleyes:

Yawn...

Rivers has demonstrated over and over again that he is one of the best leaders and people in the NFL. He got into it with Jay Cutler... shocking! That's all anyone has to say when they try and disparage his character and it's tired. One of those things that the media fed the public that was totally bogus.

In an actual twist, a proper revival.

So time to rank all dem starters based on actual ability. And for positions of controversy, I'm predicting week 1 starters.

Bills: Kolb > Manuel > Jeff Tool (>_>)

Jets: Sanchez > Geno > McElroy

Browns: Weeden > Campbell > Hoyer (Not really a controversy IMO)

Ravens: JK

Jags: Gabbert > Henne > Great Scott (Give Scott time to develop though, next Tony Romo)

Raiders: Flynn > Wilson > Pyror (Not inspiring confidence)

Eagles: Foles > Vick > Barkley (and Vick could be a cap removal.)

Redskins: Griffin will be healthy, no issue here.

Vikings: Ponder > Cassel > MBT

Number 32:

Mark Sanchez, Jets

The turnovers are atrocious, the develop seems to have taken steps backwards, and the main reason why I'm projecting Sanchez to win the job is simply because he's Rex's boy. Tim Tebow in all of his terribleness would have still been an improvement over the garbage Sanchez churned out last year. Yes his receivers aren't mindblowing gamebreakers, but so what? Kerley and Holmes are capable players, Keller was too when he was there. I don't really think it's an excuse for a guy who has some of the best blocking in the league. Geno may be developing an attitude problem, but if he's a better player than Sanchez, they have to put him in.

31. Blaine Gabbert, Jags

Tough choice between 31 and 32, but at least Gabbert has the excuse of having upside. Sure I don't think it'll matter, but he'll be slightly less awful than sanchez. In the same sense that shitting down my throat is slightly worse than shitting on my face. And now you just imagined Blaine Gabbert shitting on your face. Sorry Campin. And sorry I got you hot Vin.

30. Jake Locker, Titans

He's mobile at least? He's inaccurate and interception prone. I'd keep a short leash on him, Fitzpatrick is the better option but I doubt Munchak goes away from his guy unless an injury happens. I think an injury will happen, but not for week 1.

29. Brandon Weeden, Browns

Might be harder to be tough on a second year QB, but the important thing to note here is that he's older than some of the best QB'sin the league. Rodgers, Ryan, Flacco, Newton, Stafford, all guys who are younger than Weeden. Not inspiring a lot of confidence in terms of improvement. If it takes him 5 to 6 years to get the mental part of the game he'll already be riding into retirement age. That just can't be good.

28. Matt Flynn

To be fair, this is more of we haven't seen anything yet from the guy. Other than a couple of games against awful pass defenses where he played well. Reports in camp is that his arm strength is awful and with the Raiders offense built the way it is, arm strength does matter. Maybe he'll be more Rich Gannon and less Kerry Collins. >_> maybe.

27. Nick Foles

He has a lot of work to do, but I think he has a lot of potential that has yet to be realized. He makes good reads but his arm doesn't match the plan. If Chip is smart and builds an offense around Foles strengths, they might be able to pull some serious damage on short routes, and make LeSean McCoy look like a king.

26. Christian Ponder

Consistency, please? In comparison to the other guys listed thus far, Ponder has had good games, good stretches even, but in the middle of that he has games where you want to say GIVE US SANCHEZ PLEASE, THIS IS UNBEARABLE. Heh, Bears. Anyway, He can be a good game manager QB in this league. That's nothing to be especially prideful of, but it speaks to his staying ability in this league. There will always teams that need game managers. That is of course if he can maintain the sort of play he had at the start and the end of 2012.

25. Ryan Tannehill

That potential though... Right now, a few too many INT's for my liking, but he has improved weapons to throw to, and hopefully improved blocking as well. He was one of the best guys under pressure early in the season, and I like what he could be.

24. Kevin Kolb

For all the bad that is said about him... he's really more average than bad. I guess that's not a compliment, but teams will always game managers.

23. Carson Palmer

Man this game manager tier sure is boring. ... Yeah. Not impressed by him, but it'll take a fluke injury to keep him off the field. And Kemotherapy has been out of the league for a long time. So decency at least.

EDIT: My bad, I forgot about Bad Ramford... er Sam Bradford.

22. Sam Bradford

Without Danny Amendola the Rams just kind of slip my mind. In any case, this is his last year to sort of prove he can ever live up to the draft hype he got for his shitty rookie season. So far that's a no, but the team is improving in wins year in and year out. In that measure, he's slowly going up the ranks in my QB rankings. However he's at a point where he's the veteran leader of his offense. Put up or shut up time.

21. Matt Stafford

20. Andrew Luck

Sharing writeups because I'm cool like that. Basically in short. Throw a lot, get mad props you don't deserve. We're elite now guys because we don't have a running game! Luck is gonna go into the hall of fame though since he's almost definitely improve from last year's weak showing because Luck is perfect and can do no wrong and is my replacement for QB ire once Peyton decides to retire. Stafford though, he's more like Drew Bledsoe. That's not the high praise it once was. Great big arms, decent mobility, great weapons to throw to, things could not be easier for these guys.

19. Josh Freeman

Year to year consistency has to be the target here. Good Freeman makes an argument for being the best QB in his division (when brees is at his worst as well maybe). Bad Freeman drags along like a rookie. There's a lot to like and a lot to hate, but Freeman's best can leave him here comfortably.

Edited by RazorStar

18. Jay Cutler

You know him, you hate him, point is he's one of the most physically gifted QB's in this game and circumstances have lead to high sack numbers, poorer numbers than a player of his talent should have and inconsistency. However, his good is really good, and his bad is marginal. You aren't desperate to replace him, but you know you can get better starters, but the premium is too high. Marc Trestman is an offensive genius though, and if anyone can fix Cutler's career, he's the man to make him look like Roger Staubach.

17. Philip Rivers

How the mighty have fallen. Just a few years ago we were talking about him as a potential MVP candidate. Then his floaters became an issue, his blocking became shit, and he soon followed with mediocrity, throwing untimely INT's between stretches of quite frankly great play, and bumming everyone out. Except Broncos fans. Thanks for week 5.

16. Andrew Dalton, AKA Gingerbeard.

Man Raz, he's just a game manager, and AJ Green makes him look way better than he actually is. Well bite your tongue little man, Dalton just suffers from flame out. He's good early in the year, but the season takes a toll on him and he suddenly can't make those pitch perfect to Green which he catches so easily. He improved on his sophomore year and led the Bengals to the playoffs for a second year. Merely average QB doesn't cut it, you need to have talent to get that far.

Edited by RazorStar