Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Sheriff's Office Prepares Zimmerman Verdict Riot Plan

Prosecution is going to need an outstanding closing statement to win this case. Defense team killed it today, the Prosecution did a good job at cross examining him (Di Maio).

If reading through the trial is all the evidence that was brought, there is no way on earth he should be convicted. There is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Did he do it? I don't know, but the prosecution's case is circumstantial at best.

If reading through the trial is all the evidence that was brought, there is no way on earth he should be convicted. There is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Did he do it? I don't know, but the prosecution's case is circumstantial at best.

Thats the problem for the prosecution, they have no real clear cut evidence in this case to prove it wasn't self defense. And now the THC levels will be allowed in court its only going to strengthen the defense teams case who will likely argue that Trayvon was paranoid that night and attacked Zimmerman due to his THC levels.

Regardless of if he's innocent or not, the media has essentially fucked him over. He will likely never find a job in his community again, and possibly not anywhere because there are so many people who are calling for his head. This trial has really fucked over Zimmerman, and he will likely suffer regardless of the court's verdict.

Prosecutors only brought second degree murder charges in the first place because of public pressure. Zimmerman will walk. I just hope the post-verdict chaos isn't too bad...

• Upvote 1

Honestly have to admit I have not been following this case as closely as I would like lately so I am enjoying all your posts.

Keep them coming. :corn:

Zimmerman is a loser, and I really hope his life is miserable. I am still holding out for the jury convicting him of a lesser charge maybe but it isn't looking likely.

• Upvote 1

From everything I've read, it sounds like there's no doubt he's gonna walk. I don't feel bad for Zimmerman though, as common sense indicates that he's a piece of shit.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I don't understand how a kid with nothing but a Twix and Iced Tea on him being shot to death by a vigilante numbnuts isn't "clear evidence," but if it was up to me George Zimmerman would be executed via bullet to the head on live TV.

Because theres a witness with no ties to either party claiming that Martin was slamming Zimmerman's head into the ground. You have a lot of bloodlust Bware.

• Upvote 1

Because theres a witness with no ties to either party claiming that Martin was slamming Zimmerman's head into the ground. You have a lot of bloodlust Bware.

That's no excuse to kill him; that's no excuse to carry a gun in the first place. Zimmerman doesn't deserve to be alive.

• Downvote 1

I was on Zimmerman's side until this...

The justice system cannot allow that man to win.

We know he shot the kid and the kid died. We know the kid had nothing even remotely dangerous on him. We know Zimmerman approached him when he shouldn't have. We know Zimmerman antagonized him, probably threatened him, may have even started the altercation.

I don't need anything else. Our justice system shouldn't derail justice as often as it does; it needs an overhaul, and cases like this are exactly why.

• Downvote 1

I agree, but I think it's more akin to "not tolerating bullshit" than bloodlust.

There's enough here, Zimmerman should be convicted. Ruling the tape out was ludicrous.

• Downvote 1

Their case was such dog shit. Outside of Trayvon's mother, they really had close to nothing. Look no closer than their final witness that they called... The ME who studied the case for HUNDREDS of hours... He had no clue what was going on and contradicted himself at every corner. You can't let the last witness you call be that horrible...

Anyway, like others have said before... It is going to take the prosecution some awesome courtroom dramatics to pull this off, I think. Although who knows what the jury is thinking. The littlest things can sway their opinions and alter the outcome of the case, regardless of the evidence or lack thereof. Anyone pretending full well they know what's going on is a tad full of themselves.

I would soooooo die to be able to get the chance to make the closing statement by the prosecution. I'd get my Alan Shore on and there would be no chance of Zimmerman walking.

Edited by Favre4Ever

That's no excuse to kill him; that's no excuse to carry a gun in the first place. Zimmerman doesn't deserve to be alive.

Having your head slammed against the concrete can definitely be fatal. And while I'm not a fan of carrying guns, it is legal to do so.

• Upvote 2

Guess if I ever encounter someone slamming my head into the concrete, I should just kindly ask him to stop.

• Upvote 2

We know he shot the kid and the kid died. We know the kid had nothing even remotely dangerous on him. We know Zimmerman approached him when he shouldn't have. We know Zimmerman antagonized him, probably threatened him, may have even started the altercation.

I don't need anything else. Our justice system shouldn't derail justice as often as it does; it needs an overhaul, and cases like this are exactly why.

We don't know for sure that Zimmerman was the antagonist in the confrontation. We've had conflicting witness accounts on that point, so I don't think the prosecution can count on that one. And when you're using words like "probably" and "may have," you can't convict someone for murder.

I don't think the justice system needs an overhaul. It should be difficult to convict someone for murder and put them in jail for a significant portion of their lives.

Guess if I ever encounter someone slamming my head into the concrete, I should just kindly ask him to stop.

Well, see, that's when you nut up and fight back. You don't blow someone's head off.

We don't know for sure that Zimmerman was the antagonist in the confrontation. We've had conflicting witness accounts on that point, so I don't think the prosecution can count on that one. And when you're using words like "probably" and "may have," you can't convict someone for murder.

I don't think the justice system needs an overhaul. It should be difficult to convict someone for murder and put them in jail for a significant portion of their lives.

Either way, he went far and beyond what was necessary, and should at least be charged with something.

I really don't know how anyone can come to the conclusion that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor. You have George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch guy, pinpoint this kid.... Follow him for how long in his truck, then he gets out of the truck and pursues Martin on foot. When it's dark, misty, and there is a strange MOFO following you around, that's all the aggression I need to be creeped the fucked out.

And as Zack said, that tape is pretty evident.

*screams for help*

*gunshot*

*silence*

What other logical conclusion can you come to?

Even though the prosecution is dumb as hell, I really hope the jury comes through.