Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Mcnabb rips Stafford

McNabb destroyed his career by not retiring after he was traded from Philadelphia. He refused to work on mechanics, which I assume was him saying "it worked in Philly, so why wouldn't it work here?" and just didn't pan out for Washington or Minnesota. The guy showed us how big of a loser he really is, how much Andy Reid had to compensate for his sorry ass, schematically.

The guy shit the bed and is now bitter because he knows he has to lay in it.

What does Donovan McNabb do when he wins a Super Bowl?

Puts down the controller and turns off the Xbox.

:smug:

I bet he relives the 2004 superbowl all the time in madden except he goes out in glorius fashion. He throws for 350 yards, 4 TDs, throws the game winning TD while the clock expires and he doesn't throw up.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a fan of Matt Stafford because I don't think he'll ever work on his mechanics (gee, Donovan, doesn't that sound familiar?), but when you have a QB in town who can drop 40,000 yards and potentially 30 and maybe even 40 TDs like 2011, you gotta sign the son of a bitch, and today's market is today's market. McNabb is just bitter. Romo's better than McNabb was already, and Stafford will be in the end, and I think Donovan knows that.

40k yards? Wow. He's definitely a keeper.

People forget Stafford was implanted into a freshly dismantled organization. I doubt bar an organizations first season no team had a greater turnaround in personnell/staff and in success from the end of one era to another. Stafford is a talent and in todays league would command a comparible deal on the open market. Better to keep that talent in DET. You should know better. McNabb is an envious commentator and contributes nothing with his writing and critique, can't wait for a less washed up QB to retire with nothing better to do and take his spot.

You can't use that as an excuse when Detroit is constantly "freshly dismantled".

• Upvote 1

Hasn't happened since then. And you can't keep holding the Millen era or its logic against us. We don't have the worst owners in the league and our front office is no longer garbage. Maybe because we haven't cleared the Lambeau hurdle in the last 20 years. This is the first front office making those strides, I feel we are out of the basement, I can understand why you don't. If you don't. I don't know. My point is, if this group took a step backward last season, they started a few steps in the hole and every other one of them was forwards.

GB is blessed with a football town essentially owning the team. No other team has that luxury, you just wait, the day is coming when some Mogul Corp buys up GB and gets into the jersey business at glorys expense. Mwahahaa...

Hasn't happened since then. And you can't keep holding the Millen era or its logic against us. We don't have the worst owners in the league and our front office is no longer garbage. Maybe because we haven't cleared the Lambeau hurdle in the last 20 years. This is the first front office making those strides, I feel we are out of the basement, I can understand why you don't. If you don't. I don't know. My point is, if this group took a step backward last season, they started a few steps in the hole and every other one of them was forwards.

GB is blessed with a football town essentially owning the team. No other team has that luxury, you just wait, the day is coming when some Mogul Corp buys up GB and gets into the jersey business at glorys expense. Mwahahaa...

We're run almost exactly like any other team... We just do it the right way, unlike Detroit and so many others. The day will never come when one super rich individual buys the Packers. Only a few things in life are guaranteed.... The Detroit Lions sucking ass, and the Packers being owned by the community. Everything else is up for grabs. ;)

I'm really just starting to believe that McNabb is going to hold a grudge against anyone who gets paid from here on out. When Drew Brees was paid McNabb was on ESPN Radio (I forget whos show) and said he didn't think any one player should be paid like that, but then he quickly back pedaled and said Brees was a great quarterback and such. McNabb is probably just upset that the market when he was absolutely balling out in Philly wasn't quite what it is today.

On the note of Stafford being deserving, that's debatable. Stafford has looked absolutely brilliant when healthy. He's missed quite a few games, and played a few even injured. I think that a healthy Stafford is the difference with this Lions team. Without Stafford behind center the past couple of years, I don't think the Lions win more than 2 games. I just don't see it. Not when they are throwing the football 50-60 times a game and expecting to do so with one wide receiver. There's no supporting cast even for the receiving game. Lions fans can bring up Broyles as an up and comer all they want, but he hasn't shown anything other than his potential to this point. I'm fairly certain that if Reggie Bush can provide more of a home run threat in the running game, the Lions offense will be so much more prolific. Especially if he can take the rock 15 - 25 times a game. I think Stafford is a franchise quarterback, and I think they did the right thing trying to keep him on board by paying.

I'm really just starting to believe that McNabb is going to hold a grudge against anyone who gets paid from here on out. When Drew Brees was paid McNabb was on ESPN Radio (I forget whos show) and said he didn't think any one player should be paid like that, but then he quickly back pedaled and said Brees was a great quarterback and such. McNabb is probably just upset that the market when he was absolutely balling out in Philly wasn't quite what it is today.

On the note of Stafford being deserving, that's debatable. Stafford has looked absolutely brilliant when healthy. He's missed quite a few games, and played a few even injured. I think that a healthy Stafford is the difference with this Lions team. Without Stafford behind center the past couple of years, I don't think the Lions win more than 2 games. I just don't see it. Not when they are throwing the football 50-60 times a game and expecting to do so with one wide receiver. There's no supporting cast even for the receiving game. Lions fans can bring up Broyles as an up and comer all they want, but he hasn't shown anything other than his potential to this point. I'm fairly certain that if Reggie Bush can provide more of a home run threat in the running game, the Lions offense will be so much more prolific. Especially if he can take the rock 15 - 25 times a game. I think Stafford is a franchise quarterback, and I think they did the right thing trying to keep him on board by paying.

Have we been watching the same quarterback? He's looked good at times but otherwise is a really sloppy thrower who just happens to have the best receiver the NFL has ever seen.

Ya, saying he is brilliant is a bit of an overstatement.

I don't like discrediting players for playing with other great players... But it does allow Stafford to get away with throws he shouldn't be throwing to begin with. He can make more mistakes than any other QB in the league practically and still come away looking good because of CJ.

At least Stafford doesn't consider the ground a valid target.

JJG4o.gif

People forget Stafford was implanted into a freshly dismantled organization. I doubt bar an organizations first season no team had a greater turnaround in personnell/staff and in success from the end of one era to another. Stafford is a talent and in todays league would command a comparible deal on the open market. Better to keep that talent in DET. You should know better. McNabb is an envious commentator and contributes nothing with his writing and critique, can't wait for a less washed up QB to retire with nothing better to do and take his spot.

That's what makes this whole win/loss thing so useless. It doesn't consider how shitty this team used to be, and how bad/bellow average the defense has been.

At least Stafford doesn't consider the ground a valid target.

Dude, you took the words right out my mouth man lol. Like exactly word for word haha.

Edited by dutchff7

40k yards? Wow. He's definitely a keeper.

lol at least I didn't make that typo on a check.

Stafford should tell McNabb that the Lions deemed him worthy of the contract due to his vast knowledge of NFL overtime rules.

• Upvote 1

Dude, you took the words right out my mouth man lol. Like exactly word for word haha.

Great minds think alike :yep: