Favre4Ever

Under Appreciated Players

Time to get my first boo. Mine is Tim Tebow.

The dude goes 9-7 in his first 16 starts, including the playoffs. He has a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. He gets a lack of talent on his team, he sets numerous records, and then he gets traded to the HORRIBLE NYJ, who lie to him & misuse him, and treat him like garbage

Jake Plummer, Rod Smith, and Hines Ward are among others who should be there

As a Cowboys fan I gotta with Tyron Smith. Our o-line was terrible last year and it will likely be similar this year. However, Smith did a good job of moving from RT to LT. He blocked in the pass well for Dimples (Can't stand Romo so I call him Dimples cause he's good for posters hanging in a teen girls room) in his first year in that position and we didn't run well, but when we went left we usually were much more effective than on our supposed power right side. Also, the kid has a ton of potential and he's only 22 years old.

Brandon Mebane.

This and Red motherfucking Bryant.

I completely forgot about Davone Bess. Don't think anyone has mentioned him yet. He's quietly been a very solid slot guy for the Dolphins for a good 5 years and now he is in Cleveland. If Josh Gordon breaks out, Weeden has some pretty good weapons to work with on offense.

This. When conversations about the most reliable slot receivers in the game come up, his name isn't mentioned enough. Even worse, he's barely had the chance to play his most natural position.

dsy6CEq.jpg

He may be retired but Fred Taylor. He was severely underrated his entire career. Fred Taylor was a beast that never got the recognition he deserved. Throughout all his stellar seasons, he was only nominated to one probowl and it was as a reserve because someone got hurt. So disrespectful. This man was robbed of national league wide recognition.

Edited by dutchff7

He me be retired but Fred Taylor.

Good pick, I loved me some Freddy T. I was actually really hoping he would ball out when he got to the Patriots, but you know, he was 81 by then.

Most underappreciated player in the NFL of all time? Rod Smith. 8 thousand-yard seasons, with about as many quarterbacks, and he was never a guy you heard about on TV. I mean, he had his best year with Griese and Frerotte(sp), not Elway, that always amazed me.

You could also put every o-linemen in the league on this list, guys usually don't get any credit. Specifically the guy that comes to mind off the top of my head is Mitchell Schwartz from the Browns. You might have never heard of him because he's on the Browns, but he might be the best RT in the league in a few years.

Some other guys I would go with... Lamar Houston from Oak, Anthony Spencer from Dallas, Jay Cutler - chi.

Apparently reading these forums: Arian Foster.

Bunch of silly people.

Time to get my first boo. Mine is Tim Tebow.

The dude goes 9-7 in his first 16 starts, including the playoffs. He has a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. He gets a lack of talent on his team, he sets numerous records, and then he gets traded to the HORRIBLE NYJ, who lie to him & misuse him, and treat him like garbage

Jake Plummer, Rod Smith, and Hines Ward are among others who should be there

Denver had A LOT of talent with tebow. Did tebow play defense and keep the scores close? Did tebow lead the team in rushing? We had a very stout defense and a lot of talent on offense that showed up when we finally got a good QB last year

Denver had A LOT of talent with tebow. Did tebow play defense and keep the scores close? Did tebow lead the team in rushing? We had a very stout defense and a lot of talent on offense that showed up when we finally got a good QB last year

And with a better defense, better weapons and all, what is Peytons playoff record in Denver versus Tebow's ? With that same stout defense, and talented offense he threw a big 0'fer in the playoffs. I dont see you being a condescending prick asking whether Peyton played defense to keep the scores close, or lead the team in rushing which tebow definitely was closer.

hi-res-185352045-jordan-reed-of-the-washMy fantasy pick up last year, Jordan Reed.

Edited by BC

To me an under appreciated player means someone who has been in the league for a few seasons, established themesevles well, and still goes under the radar by the common fan.

To me an under appreciated player means someone who has been in the league for a few seasons, established themesevles well, and still goes under the radar by the common fan.

Agreed.

Guys like Thomas Davis, Justin Blalock, Jason Snelling, Jordan Gross, and Pierre Thomas come to mind immediately in the NFCS

Robert Ayers. Giants got themselves a quality player. Although he never should have been taken in the first round. >_>