OSUViking

Lucid Dreaming

I've had that, though I didn't know the name, several times.

And yes, I feel like something is literally sitting on my chest. It was like one of those cartoons where you think you woke up but you really didn't.

Gah. Freaking awful.

I've had a few lucid dreams. They're pretty awesome, especially when you learn to fly.

In my most recent one I woke up in my bed like normal, but for some reason I knew I was dreaming, so I decided to run around the house and look for a clue, because I didn't want to do anything stupid in real life if I actually wasn't dreaming.

One trick that many people have used is to go to a closed door, imagine where you want to be on the other side, and then open it and step through. So I ran to the kitchen and tried it on the furnace closet, but my girlfriend (in my dream) came up and convinced me that I wasn't dreaming and that I was acting like a lunatic. I woke up for real a while later, woke my girlfriend up, and told her, "dream Alecia is a dumb cunt" and then went back to sleep. lol

When you wake up, something that helps you remember your dreams is not to move at all and recite the dream to yourself, and then write it down once you have it memorized. If done correctly, you can even stay in a semi-dream state. I've practiced this for a long time and it's kinda' strange, but it really helps with dream recall. Also, like Campin said, try to get into the habit of questioning things or checking if you're dreaming in real life. If it's an actual habit in real life, it'll be a habit in your dreams as well.

And, as Taylor mentioned, ZMA works well. It gives you crazy intense and clear dreams (though the nightmares fucking BLOW). I had a few lucid dream experiences once I started taking it.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

Sleep paralysis does suck, though I've "trained" myself to stop it when it happens. I just barely bite on my tounge(don't exactly have the "strength" to do much more than a slight bite so not really worried about hurting myself), and it jolts me just enough to start moving my arms, and in 30 seconds or so my body fully wakes up.

When I was a kid it scared the shit out of me, lol. If it ever happened I'd never go back to sleep that night.

I have both all the time. My mind is always thinking and I find myself having full blown conversations with myself in my head consistently . So when I fall asleep I start to realize that its just a dream and control it, or completely wake up about halfway. Usually its when the dream gets good or bad.

Sleep paralysis happens all the time but only when I'm taking naps during the day. Its gotten to the point where I can almost feel it coming on. And I try to move or say something as hard as I can and nothing happens. I usually manage to get out a whisper "aaah" for a split second. I usually end up passing out again and waking up fine a couple minutes later.

I actually decided to start my own mini sleep journal starting last night, it was kind of a lame dream though. I trying to sell some tools or shit at Home Depot, I've lost most of my memory of it though, I'm just lucky I got enough to write down.

• Upvote 1

I've tried to have lucid dreams before and after a while I just sort of gave up. The closest I came when I was in the girls locker, and then I was like "holy sh*t I'm in the girls locker" but for some reason I immediately woke up. I was pretty pissed and I stop trying. This thread makes me want to see if I can actually accomplish it.

As for Sleep Paralysis, it has happened a few times to me, and it's literally the worst feeling ever.I woke up, but I couldn't physically do anything, I was under a blanket but I couldn't get it off of me and I felt like I was suffocating. I eventually just slowly slid through until I made it off the bed. It hasn't happened recently though.

I've had a few lucid dreams. They're pretty awesome, especially when you learn to fly.

Yeah I only mentioned my most recent one. But the flying ones are awesome. My only problem for the longest though was I couldn't sustain flight. Like I would take off, and I'd be going good but then I'd just kind of float back down as if I was only gliding and not powering my flight. But just recently I got to the point where I can sustain it and it's so cool.

My first foray into it was actually the literal meaning of "awesome." I decided I would just rocket off the earth. I shot up through the sky and into space and just kept going. So far I was outside of the solar system and even the Milky Way itself. I got to a point and just stopped. I looked below me and just saw all these spiral galaxies and faint stars and was mesmerized. Then I just kind of shifted into a different dream unknowingly and lost control of being lucid.

Huh, I guess I'm the oddball here. I've rarely had lucid dreams. I'm usually just along for the ride and stuck in my own horror movies in most cases lol...maybe I do have control though and I'm not realizing it? Haven't really thought about it to be honest.

Granted it's never been brought up but I've never even spoke to someone IRL that has had lucid dreams. Yet every single person in this topic has lucid dreams lol.

Weird. I'll have to bring it up to a few people if I can remember.

For the longest time I really never experienced my dreams, then I started taking ZMA... shit got real :yep:

I took ZMA for awhile, but didn't notice any real improvements. Dreams were certainly...odd.

I actually decided to start my own mini sleep journal starting last night, it was kind of a lame dream though. I trying to sell some tools or shit at Home Depot, I've lost most of my memory of it though, I'm just lucky I got enough to write down.

I'm on Entry #3 for my journal. Just gotta get into a habit of questioning my reality in order to make it habitual. :p

On another note... this is relating back to when I asked if anyone else had experienced dreams that predicted the future...

I had a dream about a week ago that was nothing more than a bunch of nonsense and then at the end it was the Original Prankster music video. I wasn't watching it or even in it... it was just there. It was just playing in my dream, and I hadn't even thought of that song since I was like 7.

You want to know what I just did subconsciously? I went to Youtube and watched a bunch of Offspring music videos... I just watched Original Prankster. Creepy shit, yo.

Yeah, forgot to mention, I have dreams of the future pretty frequently. It'll be something stupid and mundane, or just a piece of a conversation with something specific happening in the background and it never seems to have any rhyme or reason as to how far into the future it is. There have been times where I remembered a dream and the events unfolded years later.

It's creepy, haha. I'm talking with a friend and he mentions something and I'm like, "Dude, you told me this weeks ago." My friend responds: "This just happened a few days ago..."

Isn't that just déjà vu?

• Upvote 2

Isn't that just déjà vu?

Was just gonna bring that up. What if deja vu is because we live out something we dreamed (but forgot.) Interesting.

My dreams are really really vivid, so sometimes my memory gets confused and I'll think something really happened but it only happened in my dreams (but who's to say that's not real either?)

The mind is a tricky thing.

Whos to say dreams aren't us just living a life in alternate world :smug:

Edited by Bucman

Back on the dream journal thing. I've been away at the lake with my friends for the past week, so I didn't have access to the journal. Dreams varied from discovering I had terminal cancer (not IRL... hopefully) to just having casual discussion with the people who stayed at the lake house with us. I think I've discovered that when I have long hair, I am dreaming. I recently got a hair cut, and in so many of my dreams I've had long hair and I always wonder, "I just got my hair cut a few weeks ago..."

So I was reading this thread earlier, and then later took a four hour nap. Prior to the nap I was reading this thread on my google chrome on my macbook, which of course allows me to access the same google chrome tabs I have open on the ipad and iphone as well. I went up to my bed and did this - pulled TGP up on the ipad, and then fell asleep. I dreamt that a break-in occurred at my house while I was here, and they stole my macbook, ipad, and iphone. I went on this tactful quest to chase them down and beat the shit out of them using this mysterious device, that was able to locate my stolen apple devices using cloud technology.

:panic: