Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Next Rolling Stone cover? Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev!!!

It isn't the first time Rolling Stone did something absolutely distastful..

22516_lg.jpg

Shock value is easily the worst form of "journalism" but obviously and unfortunately, it works.

• Upvote 2

Yup, you know people will buy it. Some will keep them, protect them, and store them as some kind of valuable commodity. Oh well.

This is certainly controversial, but I understand their point. They do not need to put a photo of the guy that sort of glorifies him, but he's a person too and before his brainwashing, I'm sure he was a nice guy as well.

I don't really care about the cover,but those girls who support him are awful

This is certainly controversial, but I understand their point. They do not need to put a photo of the guy that sort of glorifies him, but he's a person too and before his brainwashing, I'm sure he was a nice guy as well.

The downside to this cover is that the article itself (which I've read) is one of the most brilliant pieces of journalism I've read in quite sometime.

The downside to this cover is that the article itself (which I've read) is one of the most brilliant pieces of journalism I've read in quite sometime.

I was told the article was interesting, I will read it later. :)

The issue to me is the picture they used. They can deny it all they want but the fact is they are glamorizing him.

You're gonna put a picture of someone on the cover of a magazine? Yeah, go ahead and print the mugshot after he was captured. Because he did something awful, we have to glamorize the violence we layed on him when we captured him.

It's his motherfucking face. Who gives a shit?

I don't agree with putting him in the spotlight, but do you expect them to put the most disgusting picture of him on there when they probably need his permission to put his face on the cover in the first place?

• Upvote 1

I actually don't mind it. It is what it is, I'm actually really interested and I'd read it if I ever got a chance to. Which says a lot cause I hate reading.

• Upvote 1

I don't really see this as glamorizing him, I think it would be an interesting story to read, I'd love to read about what causes a guy to go over the edge like that and I don't really see how it glorifies him to explore his background, I do think there's issue to be taken with the byline, which seems to shift the blame away from Dzhokhar

also, anyone have a link to the article? yeah, I'm lazy, actually, you probably need a subscription of some sort I would guess, I'll have to check it out if I'm in Barnes & Noble any time in the near future

Edited by oochymp

This isn't even close to being as sad as another article quoting teen girls who think there's no way Tsarnaev could be a terrorist because they thinks he's hot...and everyone knows terrorists can't be sexy.

If that logic doesn't take the cake, I don't know what does. Perhaps someone should teach those girls what social engineering is. Pretty sure Quasimoto doesn't get the "flirt for information" roles...

Edited by Phins4life

Guest Phailadelphia

Fantastic piece of journalism.

I am kind of surprised that some of you seem almost surprised yourselves at how good of a piece this is. RS has been putting out some FANTASTIC cover stories the last few years. Overall, some of the best writing and journalism in the business.

Maybe I just mistook your comments, but... This shouldn't be a surprise at all. :nope:

EDIT: And even though I undoubtedly did mistake your awe of this article with a lack of appreciation for RS's other work in recent years -- it's nice to get the word out regardless. :yep:

Edited by Favre4Ever

I've read the first page of it so far and its awesome. Just goes to show that just because someone looks normal on the outside something deeper could be brewing in them. Shy kids are usually the ones you have to worry about because they won't talk about the feelings they have.

Would have much rathered it had been someone like Edward Snowden. Someone who is a good story and didn't disintegrate a bunch of Americans.

Pfft...RS is a desperate dinosaur, who will do anything to get attention and boost sales. Personally they're one step above the National Enquirer on the media totem pole IMO..and the Enquirer is gaining on them. Good story or not, its a BIG slap in the face to the victims! RS is nothing but a filthy lying unAmerican rag, not even worthy of wiping my ass with.....

But I am thinking of printing the photo of the cover and taking it to my local gun range as a target. lol :thumbup2: