Bucman

BREAKING: Urban Meyer has dismissed starting RB Carlos Hyde

:sigh:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1h

BREAKING: Urban Meyer has dismissed starting RB Carlos Hyde from the Ohio State football team. (via The Columbus Dispatch)

We will probably be fine without him, but I had high hopes for him this season. Maybe he will be allowed to come back later in the season.

God damn it. One of my favorite players from last years team. :(

Fuck you, Aaron Hernandez and Jim Tressel. If Tressel hadn't been such a whiny little scared-E cat and Urban wasn't taking heat from this whole, "Your TE is a murderer" crap, Whatever Hyde did probably wouldn't even be a blip on the NCAA radar.

Yep ^ Emotional decision

I don't follow tOSU news close enough so I found an article:

Two Ohio State stars made offseason headlines for the wrong reasons on Monday. Tim May of the Columbus Dispatch reports that the Buckeyes have dismissed starting running back Carlos Hyde and are looking into the arrest of cornerback Bradley Roby.

May cited sources saying OSU head coach Urban Meyer has dismissed Hyde and is still analyzing the situation regarding his star corner, Roby, in a separate incident.

Hyde has been named a person of interest in an assault against a female that occurred over the weekend at a bar in Columbus.

Reports from Monroe County records state that Roby was arrested on Sunday morning in Bloomington, Ind., and "is facing preliminary charges of battery resulting in bodily injury." According to May's sources, Roby "was asked to leave a bar after a disturbance" but refused and "was subdued by bouncers" before being taken into custody.

If it checks out that this didn't really happen, he'll be reinstated. Suspending him from the team is a "just incase" reaction to the news, which honestly.. is the smart one.

Had big hopes for him for his senior year. I hope this isn't true. UM is just protecting his ass right now.

Surveillance footage from a Columbus nightclub appears to clear Ohio State running back Carlos Hyde of an alleged assault, a source familiar with the investigation told Yahoo! Sports.

Charges are not expected to be filed against Hyde after video from Sugar Bar 2 shows he didn't appear to make contact with an alleged victim who claimed to have been assaulted early Saturday morning, a source who spoke to Yahoo! Sports on the condition of anonymity said. The source said video shows Hyde speaking in the direction of the alleged victim just prior to her punching him in the head. The video then shows Hyde leaving the area and reaching back in the woman's direction in a non-confrontational manner, the source said. From the video, it doesn't appear Hyde ever made contact with the woman – either before or after she struck him, the source said.

The Columbus Police Department declined comment on the continuing investigation. A call to a proprietor of Sugar Bar 2 was not returned.

The alleged victim filed a police report Saturday, claiming she had been assaulted by an unknown man she believed she could identify by sight. Hyde was not named in the report or arrested, but was later named a "person of interest" as police investigated.

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer suspended Hyde indefinitely on Monday, pending the outcome of the investigation. Meyer has also been dealing with the issues of All-Big Ten cornerback Bradley Roby, who was arrested on Sunday after allegedly refusing to leave a bar in Bloomington, Indiana.

"I have a clear set of core values in place that members of this football program are constantly reminded of and are expected to honor," Meyer said Monday in a statement released by Ohio State. "There are also expectations with regard to behavior. I expect our players to conduct themselves responsibly and appropriately and they will be held accountable for their actions."

Source: Yahoo Sports

Edited by BLUE

Fuck you, Aaron Hernandez and Jim Tressel. If Tressel hadn't been such a whiny little scared-E cat and Urban wasn't taking heat from this whole, "Your TE is a murderer" crap, Whatever Hyde did probably wouldn't even be a blip on the NCAA radar.

Yep ^ Emotional decision

So punishing a player for assaulting someone is a bad thing?

Well, it looks like he didn't do it. I still like the decision by Meyer. Hyde won't lose any playing time, but it sends a message to other players that they will.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22860440/report-video-shows-carlos-hyde-did-not-strike-alleged-victim

Edited by blotsfan

Well, it looks like he didn't do it. I still like the decision by Meyer. Hyde won't lose any playing time, but it sends a message to other players that they will.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22860440/report-video-shows-carlos-hyde-did-not-strike-alleged-victim

Wait so the lady make a false police report and actually struck him? She should be arrested for that, she could have ruined this guys career.

• Upvote 1

So punishing a player for assaulting someone is a bad thing?

Punishing a player before having all the facts would be. Certainly if the player is guilty of assault he should be punished, I don't think anyone would argue that.

Woman punches him in the head and if he showed restraint, that is pretty cool. It would be difficult to be drinking, get punched, and not react out of defense.

Punishing a player before having all the facts would be. Certainly if the player is guilty of assault he should be punished, I don't think anyone would argue that.

Woman punches him in the head and if he showed restraint, that is pretty cool. It would be difficult to be drinking, get punched, and not react out of defense.

Not really. I've been there and I just cursed her out. It shouldn't be that hard. He did the right thing though.

And as far as the punishment, there wasn't one. He was kicked off the team because they didn't want to risk having a piece of shit playing for them. I'm sure that with the new evidence, he'll be reinstated quickly.

Not really. I've been there and I just cursed her out. It shouldn't be that hard. He did the right thing though.

And as far as the punishment, there wasn't one. He was kicked off the team because they didn't want to risk having a piece of shit playing for them. I'm sure that with the new evidence, he'll be reinstated quickly.

Eh, depends on your temperament. If you're facing away from someone and you get punched in the head some people's first reaction would be to turn to strike. Factor in drinking - no idea if he was, and if he was, how much he had - but alcohol has a way of swinging those emotions around. You're right, sounds like he did the right thing.

Just a minor correction: He wasn't kicked off the team, he was suspended.

As far as the original question, we were speaking hypothetically. You said: "So punishing a player for assaulting someone is a bad thing?" My point is that if the team doesn't have all the information, punishing a player preemptively is overboard in most cases. But yes, so far no real impact except maybe a hit to his pride.

Yeah, I meant temporarily kicked off. If he was permanently kicked off that'd suck for him and be unfair. I don't blame Meyer for playing it safe though with an indefinite suspension that surely will be ended soon.

Agreed. He took preventative action in case something blew up. I have no problem with that, it was just a suspension. It's not like they revoked his scholarship or banned him. It was level headed.

Now if this woman's assault claim really does turn out to be false, to hell with her. She needs to be jailed.

According to this website, it can be up to 6 months in jail and a $1000 fine. I doubt she'd get that but intentionally reporting a crime you know is false is shitty.

According to this website, it can be up to 6 months in jail and a $1000 fine. I doubt she'd get that but intentionally reporting a crime you know is false is shitty.

If she did hit him, you can add assault to that as well. I agree, she'll probably get nothing. To top it off, her dad is supposedly a police officer in a suburb of C-bus.

To top it off, her dad is supposedly a police officer in a suburb of C-bus.

Oh. Then Hyde will probably be found guilty of stopping her hand with his head.

If they won't press charges against her. Hyde should find something to sue her for.

The dude didn't do anything wrong, and he's suspended? You can't honestly tell me that's ok. He's had his name dragged through shit now, and the casual fan doesn't read up on this stuff. They heard he hit a bitch. He's going to be labeled a woman beater in some circles, and that's not right. All because Hernandez is a murdering asshole, and Tressel is an ass-covering pussy. Hyde is paying for that, and not his actual actions. Not cool.

He was suspended because they didn't want someone who would do something like that on the team. I promise, he will not miss any playing time for this.

Any news on Roby?

"I think there will be discipline involved," Meyer told NFL Draft 365 at Big Ten media days. "I imagine there will be a suspension involved. He'll be on a very short leash."

Well Hyde was suspended for 3 games. It's a bit ridiculous imo

Freaking bullcrap, he should just go to the girls house and pimp slap her now. Urban Meyer is only doing this because of the heat he has been taking.