Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Bware's Upset Scenarios: Week 1

The amount of overestimating on one side and underestimating bred with hate on the other is making me laugh.

The hate is fueled by constant press coverage. I don't think there'd be so many people who would be downplaying Denver's win if we didn't have to hear about the Broncos 24/7. I can't wait til Peyton retires. I think the Manning hoopla has been just as/if not more annoying than the Favre hoopla was. Favre's had a ceiling, because we all knew he'd quit around 40. Manning's probably got two-three more years in him. Fuck.

So...until he's around 40?

Yes, but did we have endure 5-6 years of the Favre bullshit? 2-3, at most, and it was "will he/won't he retire" and not all this, "BUT HE HAD 4 NECK SURGERIES! HE'S INCREDIBLE" nonsense. We get it. He had neck problems. Willis McGahee came back from one of the worst knee injuries we've ever seen. If Johnny Knox ever somehow suits about again, that's much more amazing. I'm tired of Peyton. And Payton, too, honestly. Sean Payton and Peyton Manning can GTFO, as far as I'm concerned.

New upset added to the original post, folks.

So, both of your ''upset'' picks are a couple of your favorite teams, and you go on to state that Baltimore over Denver ''wouldn't be an upset in the slightest'', and Minny over Detroit is ''positively not'' an upset. Not sure what the fuck to make out of this. :yao: How about choosing a legit upset, and one that doesn't involve one of your five favorite teams?

Get the fuck out of here, Bware lmao.

• Upvote 2

The hate is fueled by constant press coverage. I don't think there'd be so many people who would be downplaying Denver's win if we didn't have to hear about the Broncos 24/7. I can't wait til Peyton retires. I think the Manning hoopla has been just as/if not more annoying than the Favre hoopla was. Favre's had a ceiling, because we all knew he'd quit around 40. Manning's probably got two-three more years in him. Fuck.

I think we have 3 more years of this. At the end of 2015 he will have broken every single passing record in the NFL. That is assuming he keeps at his current average production per year.

All I've been hearing about is Baltimore, the Aaron Hernandez story, and how Amendola is going to do better than Welker. The only things I've heard from the press has been about all of our arrests/suspension.

But those passing lanes were completely empty. They didn't even make the Broncos work for the 7 passing TDs. Almost every single throw Peyton made was a lob. They ALL just floated to their destination. Now, this isn't Peyton or the Bronco's fault, and I don't want to make it seem that way... But other teams will have to catch on, won't they? Granted, Peyton's intelligence and quick decision making will make it tough, but the Broncos are practically asking to turn the ball over.

lol what? Manning has thrown the ball like that his whole career. If they haven't figured it out by now, they never will.

That was a seriously impressive display. Championships may not be won in September but Denver certainly has set the mark to start the season.

That was an angry team and an angry crowd that looked ready to take out their hate on their vanquishers of last season.

As for the original thread, I can see Seattle losing to the Panthers too. I wouldn't think it would be a 50-50 deal. But I wouldn't think it 60-40 either in favor of Seattle. These teams are looking to validate their strong finishes of last year and Seattle needs that early bump to validate the preseason attention. Carolina looks to be a tough matchup for Seattle with their strength of their team (front 7 defense) matching up with Seattle's commitment to run the ball.

Ya lets leave the milehighguy alone, he's a just as dumb as he is a mile high. Nothing I've said hasn't been proven. Our defense would be better without doom and it was, we would survive just fine without miller and we will, we will field a uncover able offense and we have. I'm not a homer, I just pay attention to the moves we make and how we play

For one game. Let's see how the season plays out before you dub your offense "uncover able".

And paying attention to your team does not exclude you from being a homer. In fact the statement you made right before you claimed to not be a homer did in fact prove that you were a homer.

The Manning circlejerk continues.

It was a great game to watch by one of the best QBs in the past decade. Didn't Denver also lose Dumervil? I see a lot of people mentioning Reed, Lewis, and Boldin, but no Dumervil. I should hate the Broncos just about as much as anyone, but I respect PM in the regular season. It's great football is back and it was pretty cool for it to open the way it did.

Two more upsets added.

For Phil's benefit, I will say that I posted the first two because their the earliest of these 4 games to be played, so if I had to wait til later on Sunday to post the others, I could have.

Buffalo over New England.

Because

EJ_Manuel_Surgery_Knee_Injury_Bills_Pres

Is this the hope you get lucky with bad predictions thread? In that case...

:Raiders: > :Colts:

You heard it here first!

082513-NFL-Raiders-Terrelle-Pryor-LO-AA2

Pryor gon hatefuck the Colts defense!!!

Ya lets leave the milehighguy alone, he's a just as dumb as he is a mile high. Nothing I've said hasn't been proven. Our defense would be better without doom and it was, we would survive just fine without miller and we will, we will field a uncover able offense and we have. I'm not a homer, I just pay attention to the moves we make and how we play

go play in traffic. don't forget your special kids helmet.

I also think Carolina can beat Seattle, but with Seattle's struggles one the road, don't many of us kind of expect that to happen?

You heard it here first!

I wasn't, by any means, trying to be offensive. I just think that it's possible that San Diego beats Houston in San Diego.

You heard it here first!

If Pryor can ever learn how to throw the football...maybe.

I also think Carolina can beat Seattle, but with Seattle's struggles one the road, don't many of us kind of expect that to happen?

Judging by the prediction thread? No.

Pack > SF is not an upset. Minny > Det is not an upset. Bal > Den was not an upset. The only game on your upset list that is actually an upset is SD > Houston.

I wasn't, by any means, trying to be offensive. I just think that it's possible that San Diego beats Houston in San Diego.

lol my post has nothing to do with you picking the Chargers over the Texans. I'm not a myopic fan.

It just has to do with how ridiculous this thread is. Throw enough slop at the wall, and eventually something will stick.

lol my post has nothing to do with you picking the Chargers over the Texans. I'm not a myopic fan.

It just has to do with how ridiculous this thread is. Throw enough slop at the wall, and eventually something will stick.

Hell yeah, isn't that what the majority of sports writers do?

• Upvote 1

Judging by the prediction thread? No.

Pack > SF is not an upset. Minny > Det is not an upset. Bal > Den was not an upset. The only game on your upset list that is actually an upset is SD > Houston.

They're upsets in the eyes of the general NFL fan. Maybe not here, but is anything really an upset, here?

It upsets me how vicious some of you are now that the season has started. Yes, there is no way Peyton will repeat THAT performance, but the 7th touchdown was all DT and he had easy pickings on another by starting close to the endzone. The game was much closer than it looked. 27-35? Either way, the Ravens used Flacco way too much.

• Upvote 1